John Gruden coming to town?

mrags

Ill say it again. I never posted this to spread rumors. I understand this is a rumor, and most likely a bulls&$t one at that. If you got back to my original post I even said I thought it was BS. I was stating this information in case someone else wanted to know or maybe someone else heard the same thing and could verify. In fact there were posters that contacted me personally that wanted to know more information and wanted to try and verify this as well.

I am now done with this post. Im not going to come back to this post again. It didnt happen at least not that everyone here on TBD is aware of at this time, so I will shut my mouth admit that it was complete BS (like I thought in the first place) and go back to work.

Thank you all for pointing out things that I was already aware of and admitted in my very first post. You are all genius's and should be proud of yourselves.

So ... 3 questions

1.) Is Chucky keeping AVP or will he call the plays himself?

2.) Is he keeping Bobby April?

3.) Is Cowart really going to be his DC?!?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Limo companies don't need to know who their picking up at all, they just need a name of a person/business to bill and a destination.

You sure? I thought they needed the passenger's name to write on those big white signs all the limo drivers waive at the passengers as they come off the plane :thumbdown:

I don't mind posts like this, if someone told me something interesting about the Bills I would post it here also. Unfortunately, down here in NC, the only thing I hear about the Bills is, "You're a Bills fan? HA, HA, loser!" :thumbdown:

Seriously, you just have to take these posts for what they're worth. Even the original poster (mrags) said he didn't believe it. It's the people who say things and absolutely insist that its going down that drive me nuts.

OK, Im not going to go on record and say I think this is true, or is going to happen. I am simply stating information that I received from a freind. If its false I take absolutely no responsibility for spreading lies, however if its true I want everyone to bow down to me. :thumbdown: LOL. really, its just what I heard. take what you want from it. Like I said I didnt believe it either I just wanted to point it out and see if anyone else has heard anything.

(incoming text)

-A work buddys freind drives a limo and says hes picking up Gruden tomorrow and taking him to One Bills Drive

(reply)

-All lies. How come it's always a freind of a freind? It's BS, dont believe it

(incoming text)

-The limo company needs to know who they are picking up. He could also be coming her to do some kind of story

(reply)

-Tell your buddy to tell his freind to get pics and then people will beleive him. Tell him to prove it by facts

Thats it, call it what you want. Im simply reporting rumors at this point.

I appreciate the rumor as a fan, as even false hope is hope! and without hope u have nothing! So I'm going to enjoy this mirage that your spreading as a result cannot be achieved without the idea first. So rather it's true or not doesn't matter to this point. The idea of Gruden coming to town is in our heads which breeds hope. Hopefully R.Brandon or whomever in the organization reads your post and say's to himself...yeah..hmmm that's not a bad idea...and then a rumor true or false could just become a reality....except that D.J. extended for 3 years last season and he gets 3 million dollars a year...So I believe Ralph would have to take the bullet on at least 6 Million dollars!!! Do you see that happening? Neither do I...but like the Bills comeback against the H. Oilers when it was 35-3 in the third...I said to my wife

"Stranger things have happened", and I didn't even remotely think the Bills would win that game. So in closing, I will say

"Stranger things have happened" and let my imagination run wild like Marshawn better this weekend!

I don't blame the guy for posting the rumor because if by some chance it turned out to be right, no one would believe him later when he said "I knew he was coming into town because a buddy told me". My question is, would they really bring a new head coach candidate right into OBD for an interview with Jauron and all the other coaches sitting right there? I would think the Bills front office would be a bit more discreet than that.

I don't mind posts like this, if someone told me something interesting about the Bills I would post it here also. Unfortunately, down here in NC, the only thing I hear about the Bills is, "You're a Bills fan? HA, HA, loser!" :thumbdown:

Seriously, you just have to take these posts for what they're worth. Even the original poster (mrags) said he didn't believe it. It's the people who say things and absolutely insist that its going down that drive me nuts.

Really? Cuz the Panthers suck something fierce this year as well

I don't blame the guy for posting the rumor because if by some chance it turned out to be right, no one would believe him later when he said "I knew he was coming into town because a buddy told me". My question is, would they really bring a new head coach candidate right into OBD for an interview with Jauron and all the other coaches sitting right there? I would think the Bills front office would be a bit more discreet than that.

Look ... ya gotta know that around here, if you post some unsubstantiated rumor, you will get a boatload of crap ...

I don't mind posts like this, if someone told me something interesting about the Bills I would post it here also. Unfortunately, down here in NC, the only thing I hear about the Bills is, "You're a Bills fan? HA, HA, loser!" :thumbsup:

Ha, Bills fans get laughed at anywhere in NY (outside of the blackout zone).

Seems everyone wants Jauron out of town no matter what, then they are real selective on who replaces him :sick:

Sure I will take Gruden over Jauron, but this 91 year guys makes that choice

Last week I saw a thread on how the Bills should have kept Greg Williams :thumbsup:

When Ralph picks his next head coach, the last place you want to be is on a Bills message board,

IT WON'T BE PRETTY

I don't mind posts like this, if someone told me something interesting about the Bills I would post it here also. Unfortunately, down here in NC, the only thing I hear about the Bills is, "You're a Bills fan? HA, HA, loser!" :sick:

I feel your pain. They all thought the ESPN commercials were funny as hell, all the while laughing at our misfortune. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmjUolBSItw

Seems everyone wants Jauron out of town no matter what, then they are real selective on who replaces him :sick:

Sure I will take Gruden over Jauron, but this 91 year guys makes that choice

Last week I saw a thread on how the Bills should have kept Greg Williams :thumbsup:

When Ralph picks his next head coach, the last place you want to be is on a Bills message board,

IT WON'T BE PRETTY

I HATED Gregg from the day he was hired but in retrospect I sadly agree that the Bills would have been better off keeping him than what they have had since his firing.

I HATED Gregg from the day he was hired but in retrospect I sadly agree that the Bills would have been better off keeping him than what they have had since his firing.

I just don't see the fascination with Greggggg. Why, because his defense held our offense without scoring? If anything, at least Wade "Son of a Bum" Phillips took us to the playoffs...the last such trip of it's kind.

Guest dog14787

If we wanted to stay with someone and give them a chance, I agree, it should have been Greg Williams.

I just don't see the fascination with Greggggg. Why, because his defense held our offense without scoring? If anything, at least Wade "Son of a Bum" Phillips took us to the playoffs...the last such trip of it's kind.

Yes Wade took us to the playoffs the last time we were there...but DJ also won coach of the year with a bad team after going 13-3...does that make DJ a good fit? Nope, so why does it matter that Wade took us to the playoffs once? He also bothced the QB situation up...

Wade is having a hard enough time with a more talented team in Dallas, so how is he our savior in Buffalo?

Yes Wade took us to the playoffs the last time we were there...but DJ also won coach of the year with a bad team after going 13-3...does that make DJ a good fit? Nope, so why does it matter that Wade took us to the playoffs once? He also bothced the QB situation up...

Wade is having a hard enough time with a more talented team in Dallas, so how is he our savior in Buffalo?

Read my post. I never said Wade was our savior. I said I don't understand the fascination with Williams. He didn't do anything but mess up a really good defense when he was here. I don't think Phillips is any better than Jauron, Williams, Mularkey...any of them. They all suck as head coaches. Since the Saints "D" stuck it to us though, I have seen numerous posts saying if it could be done over, we should have kept Williams. I just don't get it.

Why all the Wade hate? We never should have fired him. These are facts collected off of his Dallas Cowboy website bio:

"During the 1998-2000 seasons as head coach in Buffalo, the Bills compiled a regular season record of 29-19. Phillips took the reigns after a disappointing 6-10 finish in 1997 and reversed the team's fortunes by leading it to a 10-6 record and the playoffs in 1998. It was the most successful campaign of any first-year head coach in Bills history. His 1999 team led the NFL in total defense, went 11-5 and earned another trip to the postseason. The Bills finished 8-8 in 2002 - his last season in Buffalo. The Bills were 16-9 under Phillips in his three years at the helm after the start of November."

We sure could use a coach like that around here now! Even his last year 8-8 sounds pretty good about now ...

Why all the Wade hate? We never should have fired him. These are facts collected off of his Dallas Cowboy website bio:

"During the 1998-2000 seasons as head coach in Buffalo, the Bills compiled a regular season record of 29-19. Phillips took the reigns after a disappointing 6-10 finish in 1997 and reversed the team's fortunes by leading it to a 10-6 record and the playoffs in 1998. It was the most successful campaign of any first-year head coach in Bills history. His 1999 team led the NFL in total defense, went 11-5 and earned another trip to the postseason. The Bills finished 8-8 in 2002 - his last season in Buffalo. The Bills were 16-9 under Phillips in his three years at the helm after the start of November."

We sure could use a coach like that around here now! Even his last year 8-8 sounds pretty good about now ...

He was 30-18 in Buffalo. Never forget "just give it to 'em."

And Wade botched that up too. Choosing Johnson to start in the playoffs after Flutie got us there was his biggest blunder. Phillips even admitted on the NFL network when they had the top 10 QB controveries, his exact quote: "In hindsight, Doug would have won us the game."

Guest dog14787
And Wade botched that up too. Choosing Johnson to start in the playoffs after Flutie got us there was his biggest blunder. Phillips even admitted on the NFL network when they had the top 10 QB controveries, his exact quote: "In hindsight, Doug would have won us the game."

We lost all the magic when we pulled the magic flute and its been gone every since.

No offense b/c I'm not trying to start another Flutie-Johnson thread (what a debacle that turned out to be), but so would a special teams tackle.

I guess that speaks positively of Wade's coaching that game.

No offense b/c I'm not trying to start another Flutie-Johnson thread (what a debacle that turned out to be), but so would a special teams tackle.

I guess that speaks positively of Wade's coaching that game.

I agree. You would think Flutie was playing ST and would have tackled Dyson.

Memory fades but I am pretty sure Flutie's performance had deteriorated as the season wore on. I remember at the time that starting RJ for that game was the right thing to do.