BREAKING NEWS: SCHONERT FIRED

thebandit27

Jauron is the one who decides to kick a field goal or punt on 4th down. That still is going to happen.

Very true, but AVP will call the three plays immediately before ... and they won't be three straight HB Dives to set up said FG ... that is the difference

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schefter is reporting that this was Ralphs' call...AVP and Studesville will "share" play calling duties... this should be fun...

Firing Turk would a logical move only if the Bills were bringing in soemone else to run the offense. Sicne Ralph doens't appear to be doing this, he's simply throwing in the towel and counting the money he's already made THIS season before it even starts.

Poor Ralph--"it's hard for a small market team to compete". The League should simply buy the team from him.

Schefter just reported it on SportsCenter.

edit: Said he talked to a league source who told him, "this league has lost its soul". But players on the team have confirmed it and AVP will likely be named OC at the press conference today.

Why has the league lost its soul? I'm lost on this one.

Firing Turk would a logical move only if the Bills were bringing in soemone else to run the offense. Sicne Ralph doens't appear to be doing this, he's simply throwing in the towel and counting the money he's already made THIS season before it even starts.

Poor Ralph--"it's hard for a small market team to compete". The League should simply buy the team from him.

I think there is almost nothing the Bills can do right now, that would make me think they have a clue... I hope the two headed Van Pelt/Studesville monster is a happy surprise, but I don't see it... I would rather see them turn the offense over to Terrell Owens...officially!

Lost in this shuffle is that when the bils were on a 5-1 run to start the season last year Turk was actually credited with some creative formations, motions and good play calling. Then the Bills met the division and the wheels fell off the car (I know captain obvious here).

Anyway, my hope is that AVP can bring some creativity back. I do not think you need to change the entire scheme but you can put your players in a postion to do well. tent edwards certainly hinted at a loss of confidence in Schonert. Wonder what he thinks about AVP?

as I heard it, the subsequent offensive collapse had a lot to do with Schonert being unable to adjust once the opposing defenses caught on to what we were trying to do.

I hope AVP can bring both creativity, and common sense back to our play calling. I still don't understand why Turk demands we put a receiver in motion to just off tackle when we run up the middle. It just brings another defender into the box.

good riddance and good luck AVP

And this ladies & gents is why we are the Buffalo Bills. This has Ralph written all over it...

Not that canning Turk was a bad idea. But just the timing and the backup plan suck...

C

Again, Ralph wanted this done (firing Turk) at the end of last season - his mistake was deferring to Jauron. Dick's gotta be feeling the heat now too.

Do you really think it's true that just because AVP never called a single play means that he just stood on the sidelines waiting to chat with Trent? I would think (at minimum, hope) that AVP had input on the plays and would be completely aware of what's happening. If I was him, I'd be thinking about what I'd call in each spot - if not, then looking over it during the week between games.

I honestly believe a lot of this has to do with sucky play-calling, not necessarily a sucky offense. I just couldn't understand some of the calls coming in from an old NFL QB (albeit a backup for many years) who was supposed to have a good understanding of his offense.

QB coaches don't have time to do that on the sidelines. I'm sure he disagrees with him on certain play calls but they are analyzing/charting coverages on every play and when the QB is off the field they are talking about what they are seeing and looking at the balck and whites.