BREAKING NEWS: SCHONERT FIRED

thebandit27

LMAO at TO....priceless! :pirate:

I for one don't like it. That means we have wasted the entire offseason. Turk should have been fired last year, a new OC brought in that could play to our strengths. Now we have AVP who has ZERO playcalling experience running the show.

Damned if we do, damned if we dont.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. wonder who's going to be in charge? this does not bode well for next monday's game.

cost cutting move by Ralph :pirate: . Can't keep those costs low enough. As I've said many times, DJ gone by game 10 , april is interim coach , and we get Gruden for next year. Start all over again. then repeat every 3 years until real ownership takes over...

Yes, and don't forget DJ hired this guy without interviewing a single other candidate. No offense to AVP, but he now has been hired for the job without Dick interviewing a single other candidate. This is not how to build a winner. Jauron blew it 2 years ago.

He blew it two years ago, and he continues to blow it on a consistent basis...talk about continuity.

wow. wonder who's going to be in charge? this does not bode well for next monday's game.

A combined Vince Lombardi/Tom Landry clone wouldn't win with this group against the Pats on Monday night. Piece of advice: TIVO and decide later whether to watch it. Trust me. this will be ugly.

cost cutting move by Ralph :pirate: . Can't keep those costs low enough. As I've said many times, DJ gone by game 10 , april is interim coach , and we get Gruden for next year. Start all over again. then repeat every 3 years until real ownership takes over...

THE COACHES ARE UNDER CONTRACT. IF RALPH FIRES THEM HE STILL HAS TO PAY THEM!!!

Sorry about the caps but damn, some of you people are thick. Firing a coach isn't a cost cutting move. Schonert is going to get paid to sit home and watch games this season. This saves Ralph NOTHING!

I posted his stats / bio on an earlier page in the thread. Very similar to AVP's numbers, which is what he was trying to point out.

If you listened to Chris Collingsworth talk about Schonert and his big ego in everything he does, football, the golf course. I came away with the impression that Schonert does things his way and that's it. He had this huge ego and wasn't interested in teaching his players, more of making them do what he wanted. That is just my impression and have no actual proof.

However I did watch the way JP finished the 06 season, very strongly, and was supposed to impress for the 07 season. Instead he fell on his face completely and horribly, his QB coach was Turk Schonert. So then fairchild leaves at the end of 07 and he is replaced with Schonert.

Trent Edwards this pre season seems to be regressing the same way that JP did in 07, maybe I'm wrong But let's see if Edwards improves under AVP. I'm hoping this OC will actually try and run the ball more to set up the passing game.