BREAKING NEWS: SCHONERT FIRED

thebandit27

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As per the press conference, it looks like this was 100% DJ's decision. I applaud him for taking this action. It must be very difficult for him to have to do this especially at this time, but I trust in his decision. This team has too much offensive talent to sit back and watch it go to waste. I don't know if AVP is the answer or not, but I think he could work out very well. Clearly, Turk wasn't getting it done.

It's not that easy. If my project manager were fired today and I had ten days to prepare for the $10M contract we start executing next Monday, even though I've been a project manager before and know how to do budgeting and direct a project team and helped my PM with his project plan...I'd be in catch-up mode. There's simply a difference between being the guy who's responsible, and the guy who knows a lot but ultimately isn't responsible.

And before you point out that what I do (software development) isn't football...I already know that. Preparing and managing a football offense is a lot harder.

Still, AVP has been directly involved in game-plans for 25 years. And the common time frame for preparing one is six days. He has nine or ten. Sure, it's a lot more work but there is zero reason for this to effect the team much. He has more than enough time, and he's likely been seriously preparing for this day, to be an OC in the NFL, for the last 15 years.

The reason why this is particularly disappointing is that even though we had no love for Turk, there was room for us to be wrong. That maybe people on the inside know more about the situation than us on the outside. Therefore you can sometimes accept that an organization goes forth with purpose and determination that is contrary to the wishes of the fans. They are the professionals.

But when you do this 10 days before the season, you can see for a fact that the rodeo clowns are out in full force and there is no deeper understanding of this organization from within OBD than there is from mom's basement in Indiana.

Still, AVP has been directly involved in game-plans for 25 years. And the common time frame for preparing one is six days. He has nine or ten. Sure, it's a lot more work but there is zero reason for this to effect the team much. He has more than enough time, and he's likely been seriously preparing for this day, to be an OC in the NFL, for the last 15 years.

To add to Kelly's point, its not like AVP is coming from outside the project and/or organization. He's been with the team as a coach in some capacity for the past few seasons. I think he has a slight clue as to what is going on here vs. bringing in someone who hasn't been here at all.

As per the press conference, it looks like this was 100% DJ's decision. I applaud him for taking this action. It must be very difficult for him to have to do this especially at this time, but I trust in his decision. This team has too much offensive talent to sit back and watch it go to waste. I don't know if AVP is the answer or not, but I think he could work out very well. Clearly, Turk wasn't getting it done.

Well said. I can't wait to see Jauron gone, but I applaud this move at this time.

The reason why this is particularly disappointing is that even though we had no love for Turk, there was room for us to be wrong. That maybe people on the inside know more about the situation than us on the outside. Therefore you can sometimes accept that an organization goes forth with purpose and determination that is contrary to the wishes of the fans. They are the professionals.

But when you do this 10 days before the season, you can see for a fact that the rodeo clowns are out in full force and there is no deeper understanding of this organization from within OBD than there is from mom's basement in Indiana.

This is the kind of desperate, fearful move that marked the last days of Mularkey's regime. DJ is in a position where he is going to be fighting to stay alive; we're going to probably be seeing a lot of flailing around here until the inevitable happens.

OTOH, at least someone in this organization located a testicle and actually DID something. Maybe, just maybe, this will jolt the rest of the so-called coaching staff and some of the players out of their propofol induced comas and get their keisters in gear.

OTOOH, change has a 50/50 shot of making things worse instead of better. We shall see......

Fixed.

If nothing else, this shocker shows that Jauron knows he's on the hot seat and has to produce this year. Clearly he's learned from past failures to make OC changes before it was too late (see John Shoop in Chicago).

Not entirely. He hired Turk without interviewing anyone else. We could see this coming 2 years ago. Very poor decision by Jauron then.

As per the press conference, it looks like this was 100% DJ's decision. I applaud him for taking this action. It must be very difficult for him to have to do this especially at this time, but I trust in his decision.

Me too ... DJ's decision making has been so strong these last 3 years ... :thumbsup: