BREAKING NEWS: SCHONERT FIRED

thebandit27

It’s shocking that an organization with a 100 year old owner that insists on constantly interfering with day to day football operations and decisions is dysfunctional. That’s pretty much the standard recipe for success in the modern NFL; I can’t understand why it’s not working here.

HOF baby!!!

wtf are you talking about? ralph is only in his 90's

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably wasn't the guy calling the plays, but the QB executing the plays. Hamdan was in. I'm not sure about Turk. I know he was calling plays with open receivers downfield that Trent was not throwing to. I know it's hard to tell on TV, but I was at the Clowns game last year and there were plenty of open receivers down field that were ignored by our QB. Maybe if we had a QB that didn't ignore these guys, Turk would be an offensive genius?

Well if you at the Browns game then you would remember the brilliant play call of spreading the formation and throwing the ball from our 9 on 3 and 1. Turk was horrible.

It's not that easy. If my project manager were fired today and I had ten days to prepare for the $10M contract we start executing next Monday, even though I've been a project manager before and know how to do budgeting and direct a project team and helped my PM with his project plan...I'd be in catch-up mode. There's simply a difference between being the guy who's responsible, and the guy who knows a lot but ultimately isn't responsible.

And before you point out that what I do (software development) isn't football...I already know that. Preparing and managing a football offense is a lot harder.

It is that easy though: Van Pelt isn't on TBD all day.

I hope not, at least.

I agree but the one thing he has to his advantage is he has been there form the beginning.

That's why I used the example that I did. Even when you know what the responsibilities are, there's still a qualitative difference between that and being responsible. At the very least it takes time to adjust your mindset when you're thrown into it in medias res.

And let's not forget: AVP is still the QB coach, too. He's got to adjust to a new role while keeping the old one...and remember the last time the Bills had one man sharing the OC and QB coach responsibilities? Everyone bitched that the QBs needed a dedicated QB coach.

Personally, I'm thinking this was the final straw:

1st and 5 at DET 17	(14:15) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short left to J.Stupar. Dropped, receiver at DET 16.	 	 
2nd and 5 at DET 17	(14:10) (No Huddle) D.Rhodes up the middle to DET 14 for 3 yards (J.Peterson).	 	 
3rd and 2 at DET 14	(13:28) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short left to R.Parrish (E.King). Receiver and coverage at DET 5.	 	 
4th and 2 at DET 14	(13:24) R.Lindell 33 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-G.Sanborn, Holder-B.Moorman.

I mean, seriously. I don't want to have to sit through that anymore.

Guest dog14787
That's why I used the example that I did. Even when you know what the responsibilities are, there's still a qualitative difference between that and being responsible. At the very least it takes time to adjust your mindset when you're thrown into it in medias res.

And let's not forget: AVP is still the QB coach, too. He's got to adjust to a new role while keeping the old one...and remember the last time the Bills had one man sharing the OC and QB coach responsibilities? Everyone bitched that the QBs needed a dedicated QB coach.

To bad we couldn't coax Jim Kelly into becoming TE's QB coach and Van Pelts assistant.

I admire the FO for taking care of business now instead of later! It takes courage fear or panic to do something like this at this stage, but it appears it was necessary. Once you know someone is a problem area, you've got to take care of it and soon.

Fixed.

If nothing else, this shocker shows that Jauron knows he's on the hot seat and has to produce this year. Clearly he's learned from past failures to make OC changes before it was too late (see John Shoop in Chicago).

Personally, I'm thinking this was the final straw:

1st and 5 at DET 17	(14:15) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short left to J.Stupar. Dropped, receiver at DET 16.	 	 
2nd and 5 at DET 17	(14:10) (No Huddle) D.Rhodes up the middle to DET 14 for 3 yards (J.Peterson).	 	 
3rd and 2 at DET 14	(13:28) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short left to R.Parrish (E.King). Receiver and coverage at DET 5.	 	 
4th and 2 at DET 14	(13:24) R.Lindell 33 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-G.Sanborn, Holder-B.Moorman.

I mean, seriously. I don't want to have to sit through that anymore.

So it's Turk's fault that Stupar dropped a pass and Lindell missed ANOTHER field goal. As long as we got a QB that won't throw a pass longer than 4 yards, we won't be any better even if we have Don Coryell as OC.

See this is all just part of DJs grand and secret scheme. Look like crap in preseason with this new no huddle look, fire the OC at end of preseason and bring promote AVP. Now what will Billy cheat do I bet he is shaking in his boots wondering what to plan for, break out the cameras and get into those closed practices soon Or I will look bad on MNF

Would you be happier if he stayed? I understand your points and agree but this could be good. Maybe the players did not buy in to the system or it did not play to their strengths. You're right. This is a mess.

No I wouldn't be any happier if he stayed, I am just frustrated by the whole disfunctionality of this organization. He never should have been brought back to begin with. Now, what type of expectations are going to be placed on Van Pelt, who for quite a long time has been faithful to this organization. He has no chance to succeed with practically no time to prepare for the season now as the O-Coordinator.

No I wouldn't be any happier if he stayed, I am just frustrated by the whole disfunctionality of this organization. He never should have been brought back to begin with. Now, what type of expectations are going to be placed on Van Pelt, who for quite a long time has been faithful to this organization. He has no chance to succeed with practically no time to prepare for the season now as the O-Coordinator.

Agree. Turk was a bad hire in the first place, should have been fired befor ethe season same with DJ. This could be a very frustrating season to add ontop of a string of frustrating seasons

I admire the FO for taking care of business now instead of later! It takes courage to do something like this at this stage, but it appears it was necessary. Once you know someone is a problem area, you've got to take care of it and soon.

Courage my *SS! If they just found out that there was a problem, there are either in a coma or missed the second half of last season. Another too little too late by the floundering Bills FO.