BREAKING NEWS: SCHONERT FIRED

thebandit27

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Jauron stating that he fired Turk Schonert and it was his decision reminds me of that rollout call in the Jets game last season that Jauron took credit for... It was Wilson.

Which means that should the Bills falter and lose some games, other jobs might be lost :thumbsup:

Schottenheimer and Shanahan are both currently unemployed. Hey, I can dream can't I.

The reason why this is particularly disappointing is that even though we had no love for Turk, there was room for us to be wrong. That maybe people on the inside know more about the situation than us on the outside. Therefore you can sometimes accept that an organization goes forth with purpose and determination that is contrary to the wishes of the fans. They are the professionals.

But when you do this 10 days before the season, you can see for a fact that the rodeo clowns are out in full force and there is no deeper understanding of this organization from within OBD than there is from mom's basement in Indiana.

So are you saying we didn't gameplan for Detroit either?

My thought as well. I have no problem with the move, just should have been done immediatley after the Jets game not on Sept. 4th the following year. Just once I would like to have a HC or coordinator that some other team might actually want.

With Jauron stating that he fired Turk Schonert and it was his decision reminds me of that rollout call in the Jets game last season that Jauron took credit for... It was Wilson.

Which means that should the Bills falter and lose some games, other jobs might be lost :thumbsup:

Schottenheimer and Shanahan are both currently unemployed. Hey, I can dream can't I.

While he may not have any NFL experience calling plays, he has called plays before in NFL Europe:

COACHES BIO:

"spent the 2005 NFL Europe season as the Frankfurt Galaxy’s quarterbacks coach where he was responsible for all offensive play-calling."

Now, I remember watching several pieces on him when he was doing this and I remember everyone saying that he had a natural gift for getting the team in the right plays. I am not sure it will translate to the NFL, but I am willing to give him a chance. With the amount of points we have scored the past few weeks, it can't get worse.

So, he does have some experience......I am willing to give him a chance.

You didnot look up his results did you? Galaxy finished last with a 3-7-0 record that year. The 2006 Galaxy with a new OC went on to win the World Bowl. I hope he'll do better then 0.333 here, but Galaxy is not a positive credential on his resume.

I also just listened to the presser. You can tell that this was not his choice " was I thinking about firing him two weeks ago....was I thinking about firing him three days ago? No" ( I paraphrased a little) This came down from above and Dick was the trigger man. He also sounds scared. And by God I hope he is. :thumbsup:

The question is...why WASN'T this his choice? Why was he so comfortable with the play of the OL and Turk up to this point that Ralph had to step in and make the call. Is Dick that oblivious to what is happening around him. He sounds shocked that he had to make this call....

i know i'm showing my age here, but i'm going to quote the '80's movie 'License to Drive' in light of the current situation with our offense...

"We're dead. We're so dead they're gonna have to bury us twice..."

Game over ladies and gents...no way should we even think about the playoffs, no way should we think of a winning record, NO WAY should we think we can beat the Patriots...

Dick Jauron should have his head examined. How the hell do you fire your offensive coordinator 10 days prior to the season opener after installing the no huddle offense and signing T.O...

This season will be one to remember...(or not so much)..They better have Gruden's number on speed dial.

We are in deep sh--.

Is this just another example of how screwed up this whole organization is? So we fire an Offensive Coordinator who shouldn't have even been brought back this year after last years disaster. We let him stay the entire preseason and install his No Huddle offense, and only his No Huddle Offense, no huddles all training camp and preseason. Now he is gone, we bring in a nice guy, probably a smart guy who has what one or two years as a QB Coach, and give him the offense with 8 days to prepare to play maybe the best team in the NFL? Are they going to try to put in a new offense with a little over a week to do it, or stay with the No Huddle that hasn't worked once in preseason? Either way it is bad, bad news for Bills faithful. This season is destined to be one of our worst, without a doubt. What is wrong with this organization? Over the last decade, they have made very few moves that have made much sense. Is there any hope for us and the Bills, or should we just stop routing for them and watch games as if we are watching "Two and a Half Men", just for the entertainment value? Does anyone at OBD have a clue?

I have a sick feeling no one is really in charge anymore - -too many layers of 'power' spread all over and getting a decision from Ralph is very difficult these days.

i know i'm showing my age here, but i'm going to quote the '80's movie 'License to Drive' in light of the current situation with our offense...

"We're dead. We're so dead they're gonna have to bury us twice..."

Game over ladies and gents...no way should we even think about the playoffs, no way should we think of a winning record, NO WAY should we think we can beat the Patriots...

Dick Jauron should have his head examined. How the hell do you fire your offensive coordinator 10 days prior to the season opener after installing the no huddle offense and signing T.O...

This season will be one to remember...(or not so much)..They better have Gruden's number on speed dial.

We are in deep sh--.

You can hear it in his voice that this was not his call. He was comfortable with Turk (why? Who the hell knows)