The Bills have been actively "sniffing around for quarterbacks

BILLS #1

"Trent Edwards played poorly in Buffalo's exhibition opener, but we'll guess that this mostly has to do with noodle-armed backup Ryan Fitzpatrick. If Edwards goes down (likely, considering his history), the Bills' offense would almost certainly fall apart. La Canfora suggests Mike Vick as an option."

Very interesting... guess they dont have 2 much trust in FITZ, dont blame them...

Link

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Trent Edwards played poorly in Buffalo's exhibition opener, but we'll guess that this mostly has to do with noodle-armed backup Ryan Fitzpatrick. If Edwards goes down (likely, considering his history), the Bills' offense would almost certainly fall apart. La Canfora suggests Mike Vick as an option."

Very interesting... guess they dont have 2 much trust in FITZ, dont blame them...

Is this the dweeb that was on the HOF broadcast? friggin 15 year old no nothing POS

Nothing against you B #1...I just hated this guy at first sight.

Yes you can, because they targeted Fitz very early and sold him as the best available backup QB in free agency.

Is this the dweeb that was on the HOF broadcast? friggin 15 year old no nothing POS

Nothing against you B #1...I just hated this guy at first sight.

He's Adam Shefter's replacement on NFL.com and NFL Newtork.

From reading this, I kinda like the guy.

"Trent Edwards played poorly in Buffalo's exhibition opener, but we'll guess that this mostly has to do with noodle-armed backup Ryan Fitzpatrick."

Not sure what this means exactly. Trent played bad because Fitz has a noodle arm? Maybe Trent isn't motivated and is slagging back because he knows there's no way a noodle arm guy can take his spot? Trent played poorly? I thought he played pretty well until the pick. It's preseason. Hopefully the early game picks, and picks in general will diminish as he gets more practice with the new system and guys.

But if they are sniffing around, I feel good about that. Not sold on Fitz yet. I mean he hasn't even done well enough yet to start TSW QB controversy yet. Maybe if Reed had caught that TD pass ...

"Trent Edwards played poorly in Buffalo's exhibition opener, but we'll guess that this mostly has to do with noodle-armed backup Ryan Fitzpatrick."

Not sure what this means exactly. Trent played bad because Fitz has a noodle arm? Maybe Trent isn't motivated and is slagging back because he knows there's no way a noodle arm guy can take his spot? Trent played poorly? I thought he played pretty well until the pick. It's preseason. Hopefully the early game picks, and picks in general will diminish as he gets more practice with the new system and guys.

But if they are sniffing around, I feel good about that. Not sold on Fitz yet. I mean he hasn't even done well enough yet to start TSW QB controversy yet. Maybe if Reed had caught that TD pass ...

i was confused at first too, but i think what he means is "The Bills are looking for QBs, and while Edwards played poorly, the real reason theyre sniffing around is because of noodle-armed backup Fitz". the "this" that he is referring to is the Bills sniffing around, not Edwards or his play...

yeah, his whole intro is poorly worded

i was confused at first too, but i think what he means is "The Bills are looking for QBs, and while Edwards played poorly, the real reason theyre sniffing around is because of noodle-armed backup Fitz"

yeah, his whole intro is poorly worded

That whole confusing statement was made by the wonder wizards of Rotoworld, not the original columnist.

Rotoworld's write-ups are often meant to be funny but fall far short.

More exceptional talent evaluation from John Guy and the boys. I wish I could suck that bad and still keep my job.

In the perpetual defense of John Guy, he simply provides the list of players to the inner circle. He doesn't make the decision on who to sign.

played pretty well until the pick

Isn't that kind of like saying "the patient was doing well right up until he died" ? :w00t:

I think he is just saying that the Bills are looking for a QB to replace Fitz, not Trent. I think if they actually signed Vick, my head would explode from the inner conflict of it all. Great player, abominable human.

In the perpetual defense of John Guy, he simply provides the list of players to the inner circle. He doesn't make the decision on who to sign.

Really? He doesn't provide any scouting, only lists of who's available? Geez - an intern with an internet connection can do that...

What's your point! If that's his job he sucks even more. I could come up with better F'in lists

Really? He doesn't provide any scouting, only lists of who's available? Geez - an intern with an internet connection can do that...

I'm guessing that the list includes information other than a player's name. But the main point stands that the inner circle has been batting zero lately.

What's your point! If that's his job he sucks even more. I could come up with better F'in lists

The point is that he's not the guy deciding who gets signed. How do you know that his list didn't have Garcia as the No. 1 available QB?

We should bring in Vick.

I believe Tony Dungey, and if the commish supports him getting a second chance then we should too.

He'll help us win games...and the humane society is reaching out to him to get involved.

...so as long as he's heavily involved as an advocate for animal rights, right? What's the hold up?

There will be an initial public outcry, that will simmer over time. No idiot would actually give up their season tickets...and there might be protesters at the game but they'll get as much attention as the guys that hand out revelation brochures.

I think we as fans should prepare for a vick signing, and begin rationalizing it...

Ok, here I go again...

Why in the world would the Bills want Vick. What will he bring to the team other then controversy amongst the fans? Fitz may have a 'noodle-arm' but Vick has more so. Vick can scramble (run the ball well), Fitz isn't too shabby in that area no matter what you think of him. Do we want a backup qb that hasnt played in 2 years, hasnt been able to practise in 2 years or even workout with a historical completion percentage of 50%? Why? You are all victims of the Vick media hype machine. May as well get Lossman back, at the very least he's more of a qb then Vick will ever be.

But if they are sniffing around, I feel good about that. Not sold on Fitz yet. I mean he hasn't even done well enough yet to start TSW QB controversy yet. Maybe if Reed had caught that TD pass, THAT WAS THROWN IN A BAD SPOT ...

fixed

Link

LaCanfora didn't actually write this bit - it's from some Rotoworld poster/blogger. Here's what LaCanfora actually wrote:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/08/12/my-vick-watch-list/

Griese..?

:w00t:

Like him a strictly backup role. Seems when he is the starter, he plays poorly. Much

better off the bench.

That being said, I would rather see Hamden as 2nd string over Fitz anyway. Liked how he looked

in preseason last year, and he looked decent last week.

Either way, I would like to improve our 2nd string QB over those two guys. Like the athletic ability of Vick

(or what he used to have), but never was totally sold on his QB ability in a drop back passer role.

He is more of on the run, make the D cheat up and pass, or if lanes open run 50+ yards for the game

winner.

Trent didnt play poorly. There was one play that he got hit as he threw and everything else was ogod. Just wanted to make that clear.

I don't get the "Trent played poorly" part either. I think he is partially to blame for the INT, even though there was some pressure, but for an early preseason game, I was reasonably satisfied.

I have to say I'm not particularly crazy about this Edwards quote:

“The one play that sticks out in my mind is the last play of the drive (the interception). I need to make sure I don’t turn the ball over like that. ... I need to check the ball down to the backs.”

He checks down too often, IMO. I think he needs to learn to adjust his throw, know when he has limited follow through space, and take the shot, anyway. Trust the receiver to make the play. I'll sacrifice an occasional INT for more downfield production from Trent.

Go get Brian Griese. Nobody thinks he's a starter, but he's completely replacement level.

I agree. If they really think Fitz isn't up to it, Griese seems like an ideal option.

Not sure why they didn't play Fitz more in the game on sunday. I don't recall him throwing it much at all while he was in there. Hopefully he gets a good bulk of time this saturday so we, as fans at least, can see what we've got.

For my money: Fitz starts 16 games for the Bills, the Bills go 0 - 16. Weakest Bills backup QB in over 20 years for sure.

If Fitz started all 16 games, we'd be very lucky to score 200 points on the season.