T.O. to the Bills

stang21

The time has come to get T.O. to the Bills. He has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove that he is still an elite receiver and can get a team to the superbowl. This is just what we need. We need to have two great receivers, and Evans and T.O. would fit the bill.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The time has come to get T.O. to the Bills. He has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove that he is still an elite receiver and can get a team to the superbowl. This is just what we need. We need to have two great receivers, and Evans and T.O. would fit the bill.

No.

No.

Care to elaborate as to why not? And don't fall back on "He is a disruption" etc. We need a shot in the arm to get us to the playoffs. Contract could be worked so that if he makes too much trouble he is out.

Care to elaborate as to why not? And don't fall back on "He is a disruption" etc. We need a shot in the arm to get us to the playoffs. Contract could be worked so that if he makes too much trouble he is out.

Dude come on man, there is a better chance of me playing for the Bills next year. Please end this foolish discussion now. Whether you think it's a good idea or not is completely irrelevant because the chances of it happening are exactly 0%.

Dude come on man, there is a better chance of me playing for the Bills next year. Please end this foolish discussion now. Whether you think it's a good idea or not is completely irrelevant because the chances of it happening are exactly 0%.

Well fortunately others don't think this would be a bad idea. He doesn't get in trouble with the law, is in great shape, and would make an immediate impact. Was there some free agent signing this past week that makes you think we are now playoff bound?

The "he is a disruption" issue is too large to be dismissed. He is arguably the worst locker room guy of his generation, especially out of all the good players. There is no doubt the guy is a fine receiver; although, he has lost a step. But he tears teams apart from the inside -- he has been on three teams and did it to all three of them. Add all the caveats you want to a contract -- he doesn't care. He does what he wants even when it means dire consequences.

Understand:

He was too much trouble for Dallas to deal with. :censored:

Let me say that again.

He was TOO MUCH TROUBLE for DALLAS to deal with. :rolleyes::flirt:

I can't believe all those words are in the same sentence, and making sense no less.

Now you want to bring him here?

Jerry Jones thought he was a pain in the ass and not worth the trouble...and you want him HERE??

Let's get Chad "OHNOCINCO" too, and then see if NO will trade us Shockey.

Oh and sign Vick, and pick up Pacman Jones as well.

Now THERE'S a reality-show-quality football team! :wallbash:

The "he is a disruption" issue is too large to be dismissed. He is arguably the worst locker room guy of his generation, especially out of all the good players. There is no doubt the guy is a fine receiver; although, he has lost a step. But he tears teams apart from the inside -- he has been on three teams and did it to all three of them. Add all the caveats you want to a contract -- he doesn't care. He does what he wants even when it means dire consequences.

Please. Like the Bills have not been thru distractions before. Doesn't anyone remember the Flutie/Johnson distraction in 1999? All that did was get the team riled up to make the playoffs and if it wasn't for the Music City Miracle, we would have at least gone to the AFC championship game. I think the team would be just fine, and have a way better shot to at least make the playoffs.

The "But he tears teams apart from the inside -- he has been on three teams and did it to all three of them.

LOL. Havent we been hoping that DJ was not signed, and this team was better? Maybe if we got TO he would do just that. Tear this team apart from the inside out. We get a new GM, coaches, and players to go with it.

Never in a million years do I want TO. He will not work out with Edwards one bit as he his roasted every QB he has ever had throwing to him, and that's just what we can't have for Edwards' confidence. Secondly, he's such a character issue he just melts the team down around him, sure we might get one good year out of him, but that's it. TO could swear on his mothers' life that he would be a model citizen and I wouldn't trust him, after all, he'd probably knock over his own mother just to get one more interview on ESPN. Stay Away.

Personally, I could care less if he is "trouble" or not. The catches the ball. Over 1,000 yards receiving last year and 10 TDs. Having both Evans and Owens would be a huge threat to any defense and bring the Bills to the top of the AFC.

One of the problems with our team is that there is no disruptions and distractions. By that I mean everything is way too comfortable on this Bills team. Nonne stands out and calls people out when needed. I don't see the burning desire to win from anyone on the Bills. Our championship teams had guys like Reed, Thurman and Talley who were not exactly team guys. They were very cranky at times and did not look to be buds with their teammates. They made things "uncomfortable" which did not lead to complacency. TO is a winner. He always wants to win. Have any of you seen him on the sidelines when the team is playing lousy? He gets pissed!! A lot more vinegar is what this team needs. I want TO!!

It's ironic that you say "don't fall back on "He is a disruption" and then go on to suggest that the Bills put language in the contract for that very reason.

GO BILLS!!!

Please. Like the Bills have not been thru distractions before. Doesn't anyone remember the Flutie/Johnson distraction in 1999? All that did was get the team riled up to make the playoffs and if it wasn't for the Music City Miracle, we would have at least gone to the AFC championship game. I think the team would be just fine, and have a way better shot to at least make the playoffs.

A quarterback controversy is nothing like what TO stirs up. Neither of the QBs you mentioned called coaches or team leaders out, by name in front of national TV cameras in their front yards. Yeah, that is a bit specifci, but I trust you get my point. TO doesn't care about the ramification of his actions and words. He does whatever pleases him while totally disregarding what is best for the TEAM. I am convinced TO has mental issues that preclude him from being a good team player.

I was wondering how long it would take for this to get started.

Absolutely not .... the guy is a head case and his skills are not what they used to be. He is cancer and bad news. No way.

LOL. Havent we been hoping that DJ was not signed, and this team was better? Maybe if we got TO he would do just that. Tear this team apart from the inside out. We get a new GM, coaches, and players to go with it.

Yeah, because the last three rebuilding processes have gone so very well for us. :wallbash:

Guest dog14787
No thank you

but couldn't you operate Dr D?, between you and Dr. Trooth, I'm sure you guys could fix him somehow, a couple of stitches in the wrong spot, possibly stitch his mouth most of the way shut, leave him just enough to suck down some Cambles chicken Noodle soup on occasion. :wallbash:

Personally, I could care less if he is "trouble" or not. The catches the ball. Over 1,000 yards receiving last year and 10 TDs. Having both Evans and Owens would be a huge threat to any defense and bring the Bills to the top of the AFC.

Finally someone who sees a bit of the light

One of the problems with our team is that there is no disruptions and distractions. By that I mean everything is way too comfortable on this Bills team. Nonne stands out and calls people out when needed. I don't see the burning desire to win from anyone on the Bills. Our championship teams had guys like Reed, Thurman and Talley who were not exactly team guys. They were very cranky at times and did not look to be buds with their teammates. They made things "uncomfortable" which did not lead to complacency. TO is a winner. He always wants to win. Have any of you seen him on the sidelines when the team is playing lousy? He gets pissed!! A lot more vinegar is what this team needs. I want TO!!

There is a vast difference between being a leader and being a disruption or distraction. The fine Bills of yesteryear were great leaders -- definitely not distractions. TO is a disruption and distraction -- definitely not a great leader. Read what any of this past teammates have to say about him if you don't believe me.

Great post. Who gives a crap about character guys. We need to see the Bills get back to the playoffs. Think about the opposing teams secondary. Evan, Owens and Reed.... and who knows maybe Shouman or hopefully Putzier. That would kick butt.

Yeah, because the last three rebuilding processes have gone so very well for us. :wallbash:

If you really think that this team is going anywhere under this coaching staff you must be more crazy than TO and Ocho Cinco put together. This team will not win under DJ. Do we have to go back to the end of last season when Ralph insisted that this team has more/better playmakers? And what have they done so far? signed a back-up QB that will make Trance Checkwards nice and comfortable, and a Center that would be at best a 2nd string Center on a playoff team.

Its the same scenario with so many positions on this team. Schobel is at best a teams 2nd starter, Kelsey is at best a back-up, and Denney would be a 3rd stringer, or special teams guy on any playoff team.

So yeah. This team needs to rebuild. It cant get any worse really. I mean lets be realistic. We just lost a FA because he would rather play for the Bengals. :censored:

Understand:

He was too much trouble for Dallas to deal with. :censored:

Let me say that again.

He was TOO MUCH TROUBLE for DALLAS to deal with. :rolleyes::flirt:

I can't believe all those words are in the same sentence, and making sense no less.

Now you want to bring him here?

Jerry Jones thought he was a pain in the ass and not worth the trouble...and you want him HERE??

Let's get Chad "OHNOCINCO" too, and then see if NO will trade us Shockey.

Oh and sign Vick, and pick up Pacman Jones as well.

Now THERE'S a reality-show-quality football team! :wallbash:

Well, you are right. Let's not change things at all, keep doing what we are doing. I mean, just because we haven't made the playoffs since 1999 doens't mean we should try something drastic, right? If we can just manage to do the same things for the next year or two, then we will be in GREAT SHAPE to be sold nice and cheap to Toronto, then we won't ever have to worry if our team has any distractions, because WE WON'T HAVE A TEAM!!!!

Thank God someone else sees a bit of the light too. Exactly my point. We have not had anything happen with our team since 1999. Drew Bledsoe was a bust, no playoffs in forever, and a team that may end up in Toronto. We need something to jolt us, and T.O. signing would be just that. I don't think he has lost a step, he is in great shape, and with him and Evans split outside, we would have an excellent receiving duo. I would take the chance on him.

STOP RIGHT NOW THIS IS A BUNCH OF CRAP AND NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT THIS>>>> NEVER GONNA HAPPEN NEVER GONNA HAPPEN... so stop wasting time talking about this ang get to work because your family and your country is depending on you becoming more productive at your job.... :rolleyes::flirt::wallbash::w00t::censored:

If you really think that this team is going anywhere under this coaching staff you must be more crazy than TO and Ocho Cinco put together. This team will not win under DJ. Do we have to go back to the end of last season when Ralph insisted that this team has more/better playmakers? And what have they done so far? signed a back-up QB that will make Trance Checkwards nice and comfortable, and a Center that would be at best a 2nd string Center on a playoff team.

Its the same scenario with so many positions on this team. Schobel is at best a teams 2nd starter, Kelsey is at best a back-up, and Denney would be a 3rd stringer, or special teams guy on any playoff team.

So yeah. This team needs to rebuild. It cant get any worse really. I mean lets be realistic. We just lost a FA because he would rather play for the Bengals. :wallbash:

We lost Coles because Cinncy was willing to over-pay him and the Bills weren't. I am fine with that.

This is heading in a different direction than the rest of this thread, so I will make this to the point. Ralph Wilson, the man who actually makes the big calls for the Bills, has decided to give the current regime the 2009 season to prove itself. What you are supporting in your previous post is signing someone with the hopes that players tears the team up from the inside and guarantees the current regime fails its last chance quickly. That does not sound like a fan. If the current front office and coaching staff is so terrible, then they will fail on their own and won't need to bring TO to further embarrass our team on the national level.

Neither of the QBs you mentioned called coaches or team leaders out, by name in front of national TV cameras in their front yards.

At least we'll get some national recognition. Maybe that's what this team needs, some accountability not to mention passion. I've been to some funerals that were more lively and exciting than this team. I say STIR THE POT BABY!

At least we'll get some national recognition. Maybe that's what this team needs, some accountability not to mention passion. I've been to some funerals that were more lively and exciting than this team. I say STIR THE POT BABY!

100% agree...team needs a kick in the rear.

Yeah, because it is a f-ing stupid idea that doesn't deserve the bandwidth we're giving it. Stupid people are funny, though.