T.O. to the Bills

stang21

He can very much still play, no doubt, but no one wants that jerk. He's worn out his welcome everywhere he's gone and alienated himself from every QB he's had.

I mean, he caught 14 TDs with McNabb and he couldn't shut his damn mouth. Moron.

The only place left for TO is Oakland. Only Al Davis is insane enough to bring in a malcontent like him. And with Jamarcus Russell struggling at QB the drama would be ridiculous.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A windbag with over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's last season.

Thank you. The man can play, is in great shape, hardly ever gets hurt, wants to play, wants to make plays, etc. Time for the Bills to get someone with a bit of an attitude. Try him for a year and see what happens. Now if you will excuse me, I have to find my AFC Eastern Conference Champions hat I used to wear every year back in the day when they won the East and made the playoffs.

I am so impressed. He doesn't belong here :rolleyes:

Yes, he does. Unless you think James Hardy is going to be some great pass catcher. Evans and Owens make a potent threat every time we want to throw the ball. Reed underneath, and if anyone needs a breather we have Roscoe. Done. B-):wallbash::w00t::cry::thumbsup:

I think it is boneheaded to not take a chance at bringing in someone who could put us into the playoffs this year.

Buffalo is the last place this POS wants to go. He is all ME ME ME and was a distraction if not a cancer in SF, Philly, and of all places, Dallas! Hell, the first time it snows, the whiner would be crying that the snow is keeping him from getting his touches.

He is, in my opinion, THE WORST POSSIBLE FA signing!

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Browns have no interest in free agent Terrell Owens.

Owens' release, by the way, has been confirmed by the Cowboys' website. PFT has an "anti-T.O." list going at the link below. It currently includes the Browns, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Ravens, 49ers, Vikings, and Falcons, with the Jets, Eagles, and Dolphins also not expected to pursue Owens.

The Anti T.O list Just got longer :rolleyes:

Id be happy with the Bills in TO if it meant they would be winners.. Then maybe the people of Buffalo could afford to pay higher prices for sabres tickets and we could get one or more 2 solid scorers... :rolleyes:

Man there are some idiots on here. The Sabres problem is that they are maxed out. Not that they don't spend money. Why am I wasting my time on here. Have to get back to work. Can we start a "Thread for Smart People" please?

One of the problems with our team is that there is no disruptions and distractions. By that I mean everything is way too comfortable on this Bills team. Nonne stands out and calls people out when needed. I don't see the burning desire to win from anyone on the Bills. Our championship teams had guys like Reed, Thurman and Talley who were not exactly team guys. They were very cranky at times and did not look to be buds with their teammates. They made things "uncomfortable" which did not lead to complacency. TO is a winner. He always wants to win. Have any of you seen him on the sidelines when the team is playing lousy? He gets pissed!! A lot more vinegar is what this team needs. I want TO!!

I agree I agree I agree

Great post by somebody that actually knows the game.

I think you hit it right on the head and its the main reason I think the bills have been missing the playoffs.

To many nice guys

Dockery

Royal

Greer

Preston

Schobel

Kelsey

Poz

Edwards

Lee Evans

Kyle Williams and I could go on

F&*King choir boys go to your nearest church and they will be passing out the bread and the collection plates just ask Ralph how much they have collected.

Im tired of all these nice football players we have, all it get you is 7-9

Diss Marshawn all you want, yes he has made some mistakes off the field but damnit he is our BEST player , has more heart than anyone besides Fred Jackson and Terrance McGee

T.O. would make this team instantly better I dont care what yall say about him AND he would put buffalo on the map again

Anybody who can score 10 TDs and get a 1000 yds would make Lee Evans even better.

I would take T.O. because I know what he cares about is winning

That what we care about as fans, I dont care who they make the playoffs with as long as it works

Besides all Trent would have to do is make sure the he gets thrown to 10 times a game thats all lol

You know you gonna get some stupid stuff with TO

But I could live with it, maybe get a few laughs along the way.

But this town is way to soft for TO, way to conservative for it to happen

This town sucks , yall need to open your eyes to something better but yall cant handle the truth.

First off I would like to state that this is never going to happen, and the Bills will never submit an offer, TO will never end up in Buffalo regardless of whether or not it is a good decision.

Second- It doesnt matter if we lined Jerry Rice out wide, Our staff could never figure out how to utilize him, and our really intelligent qb would hit his check down regardless of what reciever tanem we put together.

Third- Why not? What team are we going to destroy. Are we delusional enough to think that we are in the running for the next super bowl, that our 2nd teir players are all-star caliber. Let TO come in and blow the whole place up, because when Dick loses his job thats what is going to happen anyways. Whats the worst that could happen anyways, we suck again? too late

They made things "uncomfortable" which did not lead to complacency. TO is a winner. He always wants to win.

You must be crazy to say TO is a winner...What on earth has TO ever won? The only trip to the SB by one of his teams was the year he played in ZERO of the playoff games to get there and the Eagles won every game...he then comes back in SB and they LOSE...he hasnt sniffed the SB since despite being on very talented teams most of his career...he's a 3 time loser for 3 top organizations...I mean if Jerry Jones has had enough, you know the same guy who took Pacman Jones via trade, then you know there are problems...

He has won nothing at every stop hes been. All he accomplishes is alienating himself and dividing the locker room. Trent got rattled last year and struggled with adversity, what the hell do you guys think will happen to his demanor with this guy gets his mouth and attitude running all over Trent? T.O. would chew this kid up and spit him out...and do you think he will be happy getting 5 or 6 passes at most thrown his way a game...yeah right...

This would explode by week 6 at the latest...

A team source told the Nashville Tennessean that the Titans will not pursue free agent Terrell Owens.

Owens is going to find a place to play, but his options are dwindling. He may have to play for a bad team. The Raiders still haven't denied interest

The Anti T.O list continues to grow

Maybe the Raiders will get him. They make lots of good decisions

The bottom-line is the guy who makes the decisions has decided to give Jauron and company another year. I will be a fan of the Bills not matter what, so I will be rooting for Jauron and company for another year. I really hope they turn it around. Do I think they can? I'm not overly optometrist, but I am hoping for the best.

You're not overly "optometrist"?? What a coincidence, I'm not overly endocrinologist!

Nobody caught that through seven pages of banter????

First of all let me say that I don’t think T.O. will or ever would come to Buffalo. However the thought of him in a Bills uniform is intriguing in a number of ways.

Firstly, the team would be instantly relevant in the national media and we would see Bills highlights and stories on ESPN and other national publications. People other than Bills fans would also buy Bills Owens jerseys as he has his own fan base.

Secondly, he does play with passion and he is not afraid to call people out (i.e. McNabb) who he feels are not performing. That would be a welcome change to the unemotional, dispassionate players and coaches we seem to have currently. Maybe his presence would be enough to motivate some of these guys into playing (and coaching) better.

Thirdly, it certainly would be fun to watch him play at the Ralph on Sundays. The games would be entertaining again just for the T.O. factor. Was anyone else at that New England, Miami, San Francisco, Cleveland, et al game last year? Yawn!!

Fourthly, how does a combination of Lee Evans and Terrell Owens sound as weapons for Trent Edwards. Through in a TE, (via the draft), Josh Reed and Lynch/Jackson you now open up the entire field in the passing game which in turn softens the run defence. That sounds pretty good to me.

Well that is my Bills fantasy for today. Overall I just want them to improve the team but T.O certainly would be entertaining to watch. Also, forget about the money thing, Ralph (and the Bills) have lots and I don’t care how much it costs, it’s not mine.

People talk about him being a distraction to the team. What team? We haven't been in the play-offs in a decade, got swept in our division and we are flat out boring.

What team chemistry do we have? I don't remember seeing or reading about any great team comradity. Oh, maybe some people are remembering that little blurp about how Whitner has taken some young players, Hardy in particular, under his wing. I'm not talking about a team because we don't have one. I'm talking about our offense and we don't have one of them either. We are in need of a big WR and here we have the opportunity to sign one of the top tier WRs in the league and everyone doesn't want him??? We wouldn't even have to use one of our precious draft picks for him, all we would have to do is pay him.

I know that people are wary of him and for good reasons but we are not risking all that much. IF, and that's a big if, Buffalo were to sign TO, wouldn't it be ironic if this is exactly what we need? Small, fledgling market, one who the locals are up in arms about them possibly relocating, that would have instant national recognition. Ralph is all about the money, isn't that what the majority accuses him of? Well, what's wrong with pumping money back into this franchise and community? FAs would have to consider coming here more, especially if we were successful. There could be alot of benefits here folks. Isn't that what it's all about, our prosperity?

I know this, I know that TO hasn't been congenial in the big markets but who's to say that this maniac couldn't be happy in a small market. Lord knows he wouldn't have a media crush to deal with. The guy is passionate and no one can deny that. Isn't that what we have all clung to as a banner, our passion? It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this guy got off on that. When a kid is troublesome you do one of two things, you either punish him and isolate him or you give him leadership and responsibility. The punishment route hasn't worked but being on a young team and in a small community just might appeal to his ego and sense of responsibility. Even if it doesn't there's still the revenue aspect of it that makes sense for a franchise/community like ours.

On another note, I was listening to Sirius radio today and Greg Ellis and Ken Hamlin were on and both of them sang the praises about TO. Ellis even stated that he feels that Jones/Dallas is making a mistake. As a player and a teammate he said that no one works harder than TO, especially in practice. He's a player and I respect his take and aspect on TO.

Btw, if TO were to land up in Buffalo I'd be curious to see how many of the Buffalo fans would change their tune. Initially I would venture a guess of less than 10% would be against this signing.

* I was going to post this in the "To those who think signing T.O. is stupid" thread but it was closed by the time I finished this response.

Simple question: why did the Cowboys get rid of him?

Before last season he signed his extension that included a 12mil bonus. He counts 9 MILLION DOLLARS against the Cowboys' cap THIS SEASON. So they didn't cut him for cap reasons.

Why then? Anyone care to guess?

GO BILLS!!!

Before last season he signed his extension that included a 12mil bonus. He counts 9 MILLION DOLLARS against the Cowboys' cap THIS SEASON. So they didn't cut him for cap reasons.

GO BILLS!!!

Pat Kirwan of Sirius radio broke this down to where it was just a million or two. Take it for what's worth.

GO BILLS!!!

Because he hurt poor Tony Romo's feelings.