T.O. to the Bills

stang21

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate every season ticket holder. You are the ones keeping the Bills in Buffalo. But hoping someone comes in to cause havoc to get rid a a coaching and FO staff just doesn't sound right to me.

The bottom-line is the guy who makes the decisions has decided to give Jauron and company another year. I will be a fan of the Bills not matter what, so I will be rooting for Jauron and company for another year. I really hope they turn it around. Do I think they can? I'm not overly optometrist, but I am hoping for the best.

I get a little worked up when I see this team doing the opposite of what they say they are going to do. We were told we need more playmakers, and we get nothing. If anything we lost a step by letting Greer leave.

The way i see it is either TO will help this team get to the playoffs, or will tear it apart if we dont. If thats that case, I dont think you could blame TO for us not making the playoffs. And Dick will be let go. And maybe we can get someone in here that is a decent coach.

I will be hoping they can turn it around as well. But just like you, I am not overly optomistic. This team needs something big, something crazy, something that will get the whole team buzzing. TO would instantly get everyone talking about us. Maybe thats exactly what this team/town needs.

I understand where you are coming from. But there is always lower. See the Bungles. TO would help us get there, I think.

After yesterday, I am not so sure the Bungles are below us anymore, we may have sunk lower than them after that Coles situation.

I think we're talking about two different things here. I would have been fine with bringing Haynesworth in, and he is not a "character player" by any means. TO is at a different level. As I said a few pages back, TO is probably the worst locker room player of his generation.

The guy is productive. We need someone on our team that is not afraid to open his mouth. He would be an asset to this team. No doubt.

Let me ask this... what do people care more about this point:

A) A Playoff bound team

B) Bringing in character players

Personally I am sick of having the Bills not in the playoffs, I am sick of the Bills being the laughing stock of the NFL and no one ever taking them seriously. We need a huge weapon. GET OWENS!

You make it sound like having character guys and making the playoffs are mutually exclusive. Nobody is saying we need a team of choir boys just guys willing to pay the price to be a professional. Part of that is not being a me-first egomaniac. It's called "football" character. That's what the term "character" player means.

GO BILLS!!!

After yesterday, I am not so sure the Bungles are below us anymore, we may have sunk lower than them after that Coles situation.

Really? They over-paid for a guy not as good as the one they let walk just days earlier.

There is a vast difference between being a leader and being a disruption or distraction. The fine Bills of yesteryear were great leaders -- definitely not distractions. TO is a disruption and distraction -- definitely not a great leader. Read what any of this past teammates have to say about him if you don't believe me.

The problem with TO is that he IS a leader. In every situation he's been in, he's managed via his genuine charisma to attract a bevy of teammates who side with him. That's why he's such a problem. It's not merely because he's an egocentric narcissist. At heart he's a fifth-column conspirator who finds followers while going after those in power. It happened in SF, Philly, and Dallas. If he were to come here, it would happen again. He clearly loves the internal power game - he feeds off of it.

Didn't Modrak bring him to Philly? Brandon is a marketing wiz. This thing might have wheels. Who needs Coles? Let's go for it.

Marketing is an important issue, to be sure. But would signing TO really attract new fans or just push away some of the existing ones? I don't have that answer, but Brandon better if he is even thinking about this.

I agree. We can't even get our share FAs here. Now we're losing them to the likes of the Bengals???!!! C'mon, how low can we go!!

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and

expecting different results. "

-Benjamin Franklin

Time to shake it up baby!!!

The time has come to get T.O. to the Bills. He has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove that he is still an elite receiver and can get a team to the superbowl. This is just what we need. We need to have two great receivers, and Evans and T.O. would fit the bill.

Before I read your post, I was 100% against brining T.O. in here. But that "chip on his shoulder" thing has me curious. But I would have thought he had that chip on his shoulder when he was with Dallas. Personally, I dont think he will ever consider playing for Buffalo. We all know he would love it here, low key town, I think Buffalo would keep him out of trouble.

But I have a bad feeling, some team in the AFC East makes a run for him or the Redskins.

The time has come to get T.O. to the Bills. He has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove that he is still an elite receiver and can get a team to the superbowl. This is just what we need. We need to have two great receivers, and Evans and T.O. would fit the bill.

No and No

If Owens is willing to come to Buffalo, it would signal that he's serious about playing football. Buffalo has to be the lowest profile team in the NFL. The Bills and Owens would most likely only agree to a 1 year deal. The Bills have nothing to lose. Give him a 1 year deal with huge incentives for winning games. If he made the Bills relevant again, he'd totally redeem his image. He is exactly the type of WR that Edwards needs.

Whatever Todd. Make some case against it. There are people responding that are making legitimate arguments for and against the idea. The Eagles took the chance, and even if he ended up being a distraction and got kicked out the 2nd year he was there, the first year he helped get them to the Superbowl. I'll take a chance for a year that he gets us to the playoffs. :wallbash:

Here's the case: you are an idiot for suggesting it.

Hell, even Dallas couldn't deal with it. If that doesn't tell you something you've been eating lead paint chips for years. The idea is so completely stupid it is laughable. I mean, only really, really stupid people would seriously suggest this, so I'm guessing your thread is a joke.

Good one!

Please, be quiet.

Heard this on Mike and Mike this AM. I figured there would be boneheads that would want him to sign with Buffalo.

I think it is boneheaded to not take a chance at bringing in someone who could put us into the playoffs this year.

This was the worst reply to the post I have ever seen. At least make some sort of argument why you think this is a bad idea. If you think he would be too much of a distraction, say so. If you think his skills are bad, say so. But this is just a bad, lazy reply. Don't worry about my family and my job, things are just fine. Worry about a team that we all support and would like to see succeed, make the playoffs, and not get moved to Toronto or anywhere else for that matter. :wallbash:

Because its not worth the energy or space on this site to talk about it. We have WR's we need a TE and someone that can create a pass rush....

Here's the case: you are an idiot for suggesting it.

Hell, even Dallas couldn't deal with it. If that doesn't tell you something you've been eating lead paint chips for years. The idea is so completely stupid it is laughable. I mean, only really, really stupid people would seriously suggest this, so I'm guessing your thread is a joke.

Good one!

Todd, did you even look at the other threads on this? There are some valid points to bringing him. He did help get Philly into the Superbowl his first year. If he gets the Bills to the playoffs in one year, Bills faithful will love him.

You make it sound like having character guys and making the playoffs are mutually exclusive. Nobody is saying we need a team of choir boys just guys willing to pay the price to be a professional. Part of that is not being a me-first egomaniac. It's called "football" character. That's what the term "character" player means.

GO BILLS!!!

I understand what the term means. Look at how the Bills have been doing by bringing in that type of player. Maybe someone a bit different, a bit loud, a bit of an ass could be a good thing... as long as they are productive.