Sam Adams Cut

ESPN Radio

615007[/snapback]

he was a waste anyway. his supporters would argue "he was a good pass rusher as long as he had a high quality interior lineman with him." which is like saying "your fullback will get better yards as long as he has a quality running back which the defense keys on." total BS. the guy needs to stand on his own. he gets moved around middle like a big marshmellow, which essentially what he is -- no strength like williams had. it will be easy to replace him for a lot less $$$$$$.

Addition by subtraction, IMO. Adams was a "ME" guy, not a "Team" guy.

We might suffer on paper, but I doubt it will translate much to the field. He wasn't a good match for the system last year anyway -- at least by himself.

Everyone was calling for a housecleaning after last year. What's that about being careful for what you wish for?

Another thing to consider is that Marv prefers players who are self-motivated. As much as I really liked Sam when he was on, his motor didn't always run on all cylinders. He played well seemingly only when he was mad.

Hmmmm I've got a feeling Sam isnt the only Bill to get the axe today...

615104[/snapback]

I got the same feeling. I think Marv is trying to get under the cap a lot, so he can make some big moves and shake up the roster. Get rid of the washed up expensive players. Bye Big Sam! Bye Big Mike! Hopefully next is....

Bye Big Bennie! And then followed by Bye Troy Vincent! :D

Posey? Moulds? Anderson, Milloy?

Or all of the above?

615107[/snapback]

As sad as it is to say, I have a feeling that Moulds will be released today as well. Almost 100% sure on this one. And we can only pray that Anderson and Posey follow him.

Anderson for being a walking failure, and Posey for just being painfully average and overpaid. I was actually okay with letting Posey stick around until I learned cutting him would give us 2 million bucks extra to play with...thats money that could best be used on a starter for the O-Line, not a backup LB.

The reason I think more cuts are coming today is simply that BuffaloBills.com has yet to put out a press release regarding Sam. When Williams got cut, BB.com was all over that, in fact they were the ones who broke the story officially.

It makes me think that officially, the Bills are waiting until this afternoon to release an official statement that tells of a bunch of players being released.

I think Sam's cut just got leaked a bit early.

Ahhh!!!! My dream combination come true!!

Let's get ready to ruuuuummmmmmmbbbbllllllllllllleee!!!!!!!!!

The Samoan Strangle in the middle baby! Ngata and Sape! It's the Samoan War Dance on every play--take no prisoners!!!

I can't wait.

Sam Adams getting cut, to me, makes it less likely that the Bills will draft Ngata instead of more likely, which is fine by me since I'm not a believer in him. If Sam Adams doesn't fit into the picture, I don't see how Ngata does. The braintrust seem to want smallish DTs, one-gap types.

What I find strange is that Mike Williams & Sam Adams are cut, yet Bennie Anderson remains a Bill. :D

This move really puts the Bills on the spot for DT help. Unless we go after a free agent, I say definitely draft Haloti Ngata in the 1st round & Gabe Watson in the 2nd round.

The reason I think more cuts are coming today is simply that BuffaloBills.com has yet to put out a press release regarding Sam.  When Williams got cut, BB.com was all over that, in fact they were the ones who broke the story officially.

It makes me think that officially, the Bills are waiting until this afternoon to release an official statement that tells of a bunch of players being released.

I think Sam's cut just got leaked a bit early.

615161[/snapback]

I agree about Moulds....I better get my Moulds jersey to be moved to the "former Buffalo players jerseys" rack in my closet

can't say i'm happy about this. can't say i'm happy that we literally have ZERO run pluggers on the roster. can't say that I like losing one of the fastest, nastiest guys in the nfl. it's not like his cap # was huge. If this was a move to keep moulds...i dunno...

so far, so what the fug

can't say i'm happy about this. can't say i'm happy that we literally have ZERO run pluggers on the roster. can't say that I like losing one of the fastest, nastiest guys in the nfl. it's not like his cap # was huge. If this was a move to keep moulds...i dunno...

so far, so what the fug

615190[/snapback]

did you mean to say fattest or fastest? :D

so far, so what the fug

615190[/snapback]

Hey we still have Tim Anderson!

...I'll...go cry in the corner now.

so far, so what the fug

615190[/snapback]

The good news is we don't have a game this weekend. Lets see what Marv does in FA and the draft before we jump.

Sam Adams getting cut, to me, makes it less likely that the Bills will draft Ngata instead of more likely, which is fine by me since I'm not a believer in him.  If Sam Adams doesn't fit into the picture, I don't see how Ngata does.  The braintrust seem to want smallish DTs, one-gap types.

615177[/snapback]

Sam Adams was a one gap DT despite what the coaching staff tried to make him last year.

What was he due to make this year?

Was his salary so high that he had no trade value whatsoever?

Did Marv even bother to try and shop him a little?

What was the point of releasing him right now?

What was he due to make this year?

Was his salary so high that he had no trade value whatsoever?

Did Marv even bother to try and shop him a little?

What was the point of releasing him right now?

615466[/snapback]

As I recall, he was to be paid 3.85 million this season.

so far, so what the fug

615190[/snapback]

At the onset, it appears Marv 2006 = Donahoe 2001. I guess cutting off your nose to spite your face is a lesson even octogenarians have to learn. The locals aren't going to tolerate another 3-13 season, they made that clear with Mularkey and Donahoe. I'm dead certain Marv has a plan, but as a wise man once said, everyone has a plan until they get hit. Stop the run with numbers Marv! :unsure:

so far, so what the fug

615190[/snapback]

newsflash - adams wasn't a run plugger; he was a gap shooter. he was also flat out horrible last year, a lower tier starting DT. he was far worse than moulds was at his given profession, for that matter.

At the onset, it appears Marv 2006 = Donahoe 2001.  I guess cutting off your nose to spite your face is a lesson even octogenarians have to learn.  The locals aren't going to tolerate another 3-13 season,  they made that clear with Mularkey and Donahoe.  I'm dead certain Marv has a plan, but as a wise man once said, everyone has a plan until they get hit.  Stop the run with numbers Marv! :doh:

615745[/snapback]

badol, you know i respect you, but adams was terrible last year. just terrible.

Money?  Lets face it, if Sam Adams was only making 1 million per year as opposed to 3 million, he probably would still be a Buffalo Bill.

Its funny how wrong ESPN is in terms of our salary cap.  Last week we were 6 million under after the franchise tag on Nate...then we cut Mike Williams...and we're somehow down to 2 million according to ESPN's article?

:doh:

Way to fact-check guys...someone give them a link to Clumpy!

615074[/snapback]

A major difference could be that because there is no labor deal, all "Not Likely to Be Earned Incentives" are accelerating onto this year's cap. That changes to calculations considerable, and makes incentive-laden contracts far more expensive than they used to be.

JDG

I dont like this move

615034[/snapback]

What's not to like? Our defense last year was one of the worst in team history. Instead of "pick your poison" we had the "pick your perfume" defense. If a team wanted to run on us, they never had to pass the ball. If they wanted to pass on us, they never had to worry about being a little down in the 4th Quarter. Quite simply, there's no way that Sam Adams was all that good last season. Pretty much any team that wanted to run the ball down our throat, did so, and our pass rush was hardly fear-inspiring.

There's a reason why Sam Adams has had to change his luggage tags every few years. He simply does not have a consistent drive within him to be a successful player.

It was definitely time for him to go....

JDG