Who was the one player and one coach that would make you the most mad on gamedays?

In all the years you have watched Bills football, who was the one player and the one coach (HC or Coordinator) that just frustrated or pissed you off the most on game days and couldn’t wait to see gone?

For me:

Player - Trent Edwards (Kyle Orton, Zay Jones, and Kelvin Benjamin were all in the running for me).  Watching a coward play QB was the most frustrating thing I can remember enduring here and couldn’t wait until he was gone. 

Coach - Nathaniel Hackett - I don’t know I’ve ever hated a coordinator or coach as much as I hated him.  Was not a surprise at all to see him be one of the worst HCs ever in Denver, although it did surprise me he was still even in the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Player? Percy Harvin in his short tenure wae up there for me. One of the most overrated NFL players of his generation. Constantly running wrong routes and tripping over his own feet. I am sure there must be others but he was the first that came to mind. 

Coach? Agree on Hackett. Thought he was a dreadful playcaller. Dave Wannstedt's defense as well. At times it looked like he called the exact same defensive look every single down all game long. But #1 has to be Rex. Hated everything about him. His personality. His bombast. His leadership style. And his playcalling. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Player is too easy... Cole Beasley. I simply cannot stand to have a whole bunch of BS bleed over into my football, worse than the Taylor Swift nonsense. Hard to have a unified locker room on gamedays when someone is out creating so many distractions. I love it for the Jets, hate it for the Bills.

Coach is Doug Marrone... if you want to just quit on a team that quickly, just go ahead and retire and find another profession. There is no room in the NFL for a quitter unless you're a desperate team trying to find a way out of hell. Never seen a more arrogant and selfish coach for the Bills in my life!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 10
  • Dislike 4

Posted (edited)

Coach Hank Bullough.  The mid 80s Bills were a dumpster fire. He went 4-17 in 1985 and half of 1986 season before being replaced by Marv Levy. 

And he was likely the dimmest bulb in the drawer.  Some real quotes:

“We keep beating ourselves, but we're getting better at it.”

“He's making improvement throwing the ball where he's throwing the ball.”
“We'll have a good work ethnic.”

My least favorite Bill of all time has to be Kelvin Benjamin.  Fat, lazy and unmotivated!  

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Dick Jerkron and Steve Grogan.

The coach that made me cancel the Sunday ticket before he even played a regular season game.( Shrewd move and money well saved)

If we knocked out the starter and Grogan came in, we were probably losing to the Pats.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 2

Player: Peterman and it's not close. Only time I ever left a Bills game was Bills at LA Chargers.  Honorable mentions for Flutie, Benjamin, Spiller, Watkins, and Whitner.

Coach: Gregg Williams. Couldn't stand him. Neither could Drew Bledsoe. I met Drew a few times when he was playing with Buffalo and he said Williams was a total ass and players hated him. 

GM: Levy. Knew it was a horrible idea to let Marv be GM. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Coach: Steve Fairchild. Former OC in 2006-2007. Absolutely zero point in his whole offense. Zero game awareness. He is the only coach that could make Nate Hackett look like a Andy Reid out there. Just a terrible OC.

Player: Jerry Hughes. Like the guy. Disliked the penalties (some deserved some questionable) that he seemed to attract. And strongly disliked the whole "pressures are as good as sacks" argument that would spring up every year.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In all the years you have watched Bills football, who was the one player and the one coach (HC or Coordinator) that just frustrated or pissed you off the most on game days and couldn’t wait to see gone?

For me:

Player - Trent Edwards (Kyle Orton, Zay Jones, and Kelvin Benjamin were all in the running for me).  Watching a coward play QB was the most frustrating thing I can remember enduring here and couldn’t wait until he was gone. 

Coach - Nathaniel Hackett - I don’t know I’ve ever hated a coordinator or coach as much as I hated him.  Was not a surprise at all to see him be one of the worst HCs ever in Denver, although it did surprise me he was still even in the league.

We agree on a lot of things but calling any NFL player a coward is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.  Put your ass out there and let a guy take a free run at you like that Cardinals guy did to Edward’s.

Coach:  I’ll go back to John Rauch.  Absolutely clueless.

Player:  Mike Williams.  Complete waste of talent

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Player: Peterman and it's not close. Only time I ever left a Bills game was Bills at LA Chargers.  Honorable mentions for Flutie, Benjamin, Spiller, Watkins, and Whitner.

Coach: Gregg Williams. Couldn't stand him. Neither could Drew Bledsoe. I met Drew a few times when he was playing with Buffalo and he said Williams was a total ass and players hated him. 

GM: Levy. Knew it was a horrible idea to let Marv be GM. 

Peterman had 4 starts.  couldn't have bothered you too much...

Kelvin Benjamin - he could have been a good player but decided to just just coast and steal his game checks

Wrex - Game had long passed him by and he didn’t put in any real effort into his job. Sucked as a HC, but would have spent the afternoon telling how awesome he was. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We agree on a lot of things but calling any NFL player a coward is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.  Put your ass out there and let a guy take a free run at you like that Cardinals guy did to Edward’s.

Coach:  I’ll go back to John Rauch.  Absolutely clueless.

Player:  Mike Williams.  Complete waste of talent

Go check my thread history.  Weeks BEFORE that game I started a thread when we were 4-0 and said that if Trent Edwarda keeps playing soft like this we will miss the playoffs.  The Cardinals game wasn’t for 2 or 3 more weeks.  We missed the playoffs.  

Edwards was afraid to pull the trigger on the field before that game and after that game.  Those who bought into the mirage of Edwards want to blame the Cardinals game for their bad take, but he was a pedestrian, conservative and safe QB before that game (hence the coward comment) and after that game.  

He was a maddening QB to watch play.  Because we started 4-0 against 4 of the worst teams in the NFL that year people think he was good.  Yet they failed to recognize his production was pedestrian and we won multiple of those games thanks to defensive and special teams TDs leading into the AZ game.  Trent got all this credit despite being pedestrian because our record was good thanks to a squishy easy schedule to open the season several defensive and ST TDs to help us win some of those games.  

He played scared to make a mistake, and that is why I said he played like a coward and he played that way before he got hurt in AZ.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Not someone who I think is the most frustrating player ever, but I do recall being repeatedly pissed off at Antowain Smith. Guy had a ton of talent and could not figure out how to run the ball in the big leagues. Backups would come in and outplay him, and he would still get the start the following week.

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Peterman had 4 starts.  couldn't have bothered you too much...

or maybe Peterman did bother him too much as he took the time to single him out as the guy that frustrated him the most. 

Percy Harvin had 6 starts.  Couldn’t have bothered @GunnerBilltoo much, no?   Or maybe he actually did and you’re just a troll here for one reason.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Go check my thread history.  Weeks BEFORE that game I started a thread when we were 4-0 and said that if Trent Edwarda keeps playing soft like this we will miss the playoffs.  The Cardinals game wasn’t for 2 or 3 more weeks.  We missed the playoffs.  

Edwards was afraid to pull the trigger on the field before that game and after that game.  Those who bought into the mirage of Edwards want to blame the Cardinals game for their bad take, but he was a pedestrian, conservative and safe QB before that game (hence the coward comment) and after that game.  

He was a maddening QB to watch play.  Because we started 4-0 against 4 of the worst teams in the NFL that year people think he was good.  Yet they failed to recognize his production was pedestrian and we won multiple of those games thanks to defensive and special teams TDs leading into the AZ game.  Trent got all this credit despite being pedestrian because our record was good thanks to a squishy easy schedule to open the season several defensive and ST TDs to help us win some of those games.  

He played scared to make a mistake, and that is why I said he played like a coward and he played that way before he got hurt in AZ.

So what you’re saying is Trent Edwards was playing well up until the injury??

• Disagree 1

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

or maybe Peterman did bother him too much as he took the time to single him out as the guy that frustrated him the most. 

Percy Harvin had 6 starts.  Couldn’t have bothered @GunnerBilltoo much, no?   Or maybe he actually did and you’re just a troll here for one reason.  

Maybe @GunnerBill also was bothered because he saw Harvin's work on 4 other teams in 6 seasons before he got to the Bills---or did you think he came to his conclusion that Harvin is "One of the most overrated NFL players of his generation" based on 7 games with the Bills?

Think harder!!