Stefan Diggs Skips OTA Texans

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 11:57 AM, ngbills said:

So do a million other guys. I dont think Diggs off-season work ethic has ever been in doubt. He puts in a ton of work, and like many others does not value OTA's. 

Well, maybe it's never been in doubt to YOU, but to me his work ethic and commitment has definitely been in doubt--and to many others.

New team, one going for a championship, and he doesn't show up to work with his teammates and new QB?

Shows his arrogance, and knowing Diggs, may already indicate he is upset by something, feels slighted in some way.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Agree 1

I wish Diggs would  have signed with the Jets, so he could have the type of selfish, narcissistic head case quarterback that best matched his own personality profile--and that he deserves.

A shame, as he could have been a hall of famer. 

28 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Well, maybe it's never been in doubt to YOU, but to me it does--and to many others.

New team, one going for a championship, and he doesn't show up to work with his teammates and new QB?

Shows his arrogance, and knowing Diggs, may already indicate he is upset by something, feels slighted in some way.

We don’t know all the circumstances on why he isn’t there, but I agree.  If he isn’t missing it due to something important, this is a poor decision.  

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Bills player misses OTA - who cares its OTA's. Talk to me in September. 

Diggs misses OTA's - thank god he is gone. What a bad look. How could anyone do this. 

How many Bills players have skipped OTAs that have been traded twice in their prime as stars for being a malcontent?

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, we've got to admit that Stephon has been one of the best WR's in the league and was instrumental in Josh's growth as an elite NFL QB.  But, he likes to stir the pot, maintain the drama so that he's the center of attention.  Whether, its staying away from OTA's,  writing cryptic messages on Twitter, or sometimes just remaining silent, so that he keeps people guessing as to what is going on. Right now we don't need that kind of drama.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Diggs misses OTA's - thank god he is gone. What a bad look. How could anyone do this. 

Poor poor Stefan, so misunderstood and everyone is against him! 

5 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

Yes, we've got to admit that Stephon has been one of the best WR's in the league and was instrumental in Josh's growth as an elite NFL QB.  But, he likes to stir the pot, maintain the drama so that he's the center of attention.  Whether, its staying away from OTA's,  writing cryptic messages on Twitter, or sometimes just remaining silent, so that he keeps people guessing as to what is going on. Right now we don't need that kind of drama.

Great post and simple to the point, he is a narcissist and not a team player!

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ngbills said:

??

Who said the former?  And when?

I think it is you who has the biased opinion on this, the lack of objectivity.

43 minutes ago, ngbills said:

really bad take

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Stef is what he is, and the Texans know what they are getting.  Great competitor, great receiver, but very questionable teammate and locker room presence.  I'm sure Houston is just hoping to squeeze two years out of him and that he helps aid in Stroud's development the way he did with Josh before "Sour Stef" showed up.

Edited by TheBrownBear

On 5/23/2024 at 12:34 PM, ngbills said:

Lets also ignore he has already been working out with Stroud, Dell and some other guys. 

If these is true all the preceding over the top hysterical over-reactions are a nearly moot point.

Fact is posters here WANT it to be true.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

Stef is what he is, and the Texans know what they are getting.  Great competitor, great receiver, but very questionable teammate and locker room presence.  I'm sure Houston is just hoping to squeeze two years out of him and that he helps aid in Stroud's development the way he did with Josh before "Sour Stef" showed up.

they voided all of steve's future years into 2024 and only have him under contract for this year.

He is going to save another franchise in 2025.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If these is true all the preceding over the top hysterical over-reactions are a nearly moot point.

Fact is posters here WANT it to be true.

BS it is what it is try laying some facts and leave the hero worship at home 

Classic addition by subtraction for the Bills.

I will always love what he did to help change the culture of this team, and make Allen what he is today - but see ya, Diggsy.  The last 2 years, you have been an underperforming, over-talking & tweeting distraction (and your bro, as well).  Looking forward to watching you undermine another contender's chances.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/23/2024 at 4:25 PM, stevestojan said:

The problem with Diggs is that is his attitude as well. First, since he didn’t go, we don’t know if it affected his play. But much importantly, there are young receivers on that team that could use “leadership” from a guy like him. But he has always been about himself, playing dress up, and posting weird ***** on Instagram. Minnesota fans warned us. We didn’t listen. 

Don’t forget that Stroud is 22 years old. He’s a kid. When Stef doesn’t get 87 targets in week one, I’m sure he’ll have a mature and level headed reaction. 

Sure, but it was still a good trade in hindsight. The "Minnesota fans warned us. We didn’t listen." argument never really resonates for me, jmo. I also think Diggs will be on his best behavior all year this year. It's year 1 on a new team. 

21 hours ago, FireChans said:

How many Bills players have skipped OTAs that have been traded twice in their prime as stars for being a malcontent?

How many Bills players have 4 seasons over 100 receptions and over 1000 yards receiving? 

Want to know how much OTAs matter? McDermott canceled the last day and sent the players on field trips. They are absolutely meaningless for veterans.