Who will be this year's Terrell Bernard??

32 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Shorter fits the uhh... role?  Williams was drafted - Coleman was drafted.  Everyone was expecting the team to sign someone to fill the gap - they signed kirksey to the practice squad and everyone assumed he'd be starting once he picked up the playbook.  Then Bernard came out and looked the part and we all forgot he was ever in competition with a Klein, a rookie, and Dodson.  

Longer odds for a 5th round pick though for sure.  

I just mentioned shorter because he’s a 2nd year draft pick like Bernard was.  I’m not a fan of the football player and think that Shavers may take his spot 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

He’s never ranked higher than 15th in FG%. His ceiling is average.

A Kicker in Buffalo (current stadium) rarely will rank super high in FG%, even if they are really good, which Bass most definitely was prior to his decline for part of last season.

My answer... not likely to be popular, nor is it technically in the spirit of the question as pertains to a breakout year in 2024... Keon Coleman. I think Beane is going to get dragged all season for what a bad pick this was due to a slow start only to have him bust out late in the season or next season (likely in more favorable circumstances) and prove the accumulation of doubters wrong. 

I'll take a swing and say Spencer Brown. One of the most athletically gifted athletes in the entire NFL. Still relatively new to the position and being coached by one of the best in the business. Was able to stay relatively healthy last year and was showing a lot of improvement.

Oh, and he's going into a contract year. All the elements to become an All-Pro level RT.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, somnus00 said:

I'll take a swing and say Spencer Brown. One of the most athletically gifted athletes in the entire NFL. Still relatively new to the position and being coached by one of the best in the business. Was able to stay relatively healthy last year and was showing a lot of improvement.

Oh, and he's going into a contract year. All the elements to become an All-Pro level RT.

He definitely turn the corner last year 

It usually takes a few years for lineman to get it especially when they are not 100% ready..  he didn't play a lot of high school football... Played lower level college.. and missed his last season 

He certainly has all the traits for a top notch RT

• Like (+1) 1

WTbloodyF?  Page 4 and no one has mentioned Dalton Kincaid entering his second year and without a WR1 and plenty of large WRs who can also block.  

Dalton.  Do it.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to reference myself and say there's a non-zero chance Alec Anderson is one of the top-5 OL and potentially starts at center. At worst, one of the top-6 who's in on jumbo sets.

Anderson's IOL flex has value in backing up multiple positions on gamedays, similar to Bates. Still, with the Bills drafting a C-only guy in Van Pran, the easy button would be to pencil in Anderson as the 6th man. If he builds at all on what he shows when he had a chance last year he just has to play somewhere on that line.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I just mentioned shorter because he’s a 2nd year draft pick like Bernard was.  I’m not a fan of the football player and think that Shavers may take his spot 

The only reason anyone should mention Shorter is because he's a mid-round pick in his second season. The comparisons end there.  Watching Shorter's college tape, I just don't see "it" and I can't really understand what the Bills were thinking when they drafted him. Big, slow, can't separate, didn't really produce at the college level, etc.  I got to watch Shavers quite a bit here in San Diego, and I think he's a superior prospect to Shorter and likely snags that spot at the bottom of the WR depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1

Since you want to compare a 2nd year player that did little his 1st year to become solid, I'll guess Dorian Williams.

Williams looked good at times last year and looked the rookie at other times. I think this coming season he'll be solid and earn more playing time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Von Miller. I think he absolutely balls out of control and has a near career season (15 sacks this year) and proves all the haters wrong. Fully recovered from injury and an absolute force. 

Edited by Milanos Milano

22 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Upside based on what? Draft position? As a pro, he's never flashed a trait that makes him special. He is very good against the run, but that's not really the defining trait you're looking to get out of your #1 DE in today's game. As a pass rusher or playmaker, I don't see the potential for him to be a difference maker out there.

It's amazing yet sad that people are still holding out hope that AJE (3.7 sacks/yr) & Groot (5.6 sacks/yr) are ever going to pan out. The perfect complement to 17 was supposed to be a dynamic pass rusher who we've failed to land. 

I'm personally excited to see what Carter & Bishop can do.  And praying Shakir & Claypool have an impact. 

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's amazing yet sad that people are still holding out hope that AJE (3.7 sacks/yr) & Groot (5.6 sacks/yr) are ever going to pan out. The perfect complement to 17 was supposed to be a dynamic pass rusher who we've failed to land. 

I'm personally excited to see what Carter & Bishop can do.  And praying Shakir & Claypool have an impact. 

I think Von Miller has a fantastic year this year. 

I also think one of either Claypool or Hamler develop into a solid option. 

43 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Epenesa has 13 sacks over 2 years playing a limi9ted role as a #4 and sometimes #5 DE.

12 hours ago, uticaclub said:

He’s never ranked higher than 15th in FG%. His ceiling is average.

He currently has the 25th highest FG % in NFL history. You could do a lot worse.

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

He currently has the 25th highest FG % in NFL history. You could do a lot worse.

But only 14th on the active list, he is a middle of the road kicker 

6 hours ago, Milanos Milano said:

I think Von Miller has a fantastic year this year. 

I also think one of either Claypool or Hamler develop into a solid option. 

I got from ocean front property in Arizona if you are interested