Warren Sharp - Josh Allen 2nd ranked QB in the "Gotta Have It" clutch drives since 2000

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

The problem, as I understand it, from public comments of the coaching staff is that Josh scores too quickly on these drives. 

Hey, Mr. Chaos, can you provide any of those quotes here?

I have never heard a coach say that or something similar, but only some others twisting words, concepts, to say that is what they are saying.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, skibum said:

How are three AFC quarterbacks who have never won the Super Bowl listed ahead of Mahomes, who has repeatedly showed all of them who their daddy is on the biggest stages? 

Probably because they are on teams and have offenses so good that they never need to come back in ways like Allen does. You know, because the coach snatches victory from the jaws of defeat over and over again.  Right @KDIGGZ

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Even in the losses last year Allen was incredible in late game drives.  

tying it up v the Jets

two fourth quarter TDs v the jags to get within one score

took the lead v the broncos with a TD

tool the lead v the Pats with a TD

Cut it to one score v the Bengals

tool the lead last drive and again in OT v the eagles. 
came trying drive v the chiefs (blown by bass)

Go ahead FG in the Chargers game too. 

The most wild stat from last season is that we went 0-3 in games where we scored a go-ahead TD with less than 2 minutes left in the game. 

• Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

i was honestly shocked when we didn't score against kc at the end of the game. it almost feels inevitable with josh. this stat is not surprising at all. 

We should have scored. Josh got bumped into, then we got Bass'd. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Probably because they are on teams and have offenses so good that they never need to come back in ways like Allen does. You know, because the coach snatches victory from the jaws of defeat over and over again.  Right @KDIGGZ

Mahomes has the best record down double digits in NFL history. FYI.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Even in the losses last year Allen was incredible in late game drives.  

tying it up v the Jets

two fourth quarter TDs v the jags to get within one score

took the lead v the broncos with a TD

tool the lead v the Pats with a TD

Cut it to one score v the Bengals

tool the lead last drive and again in OT v the eagles. 
came trying drive v the chiefs (blown by bass)

We all know what the problem really is and it’s McDermotts bend & break defenses. It’s been the same story for years. The Lamar Jackson of defenses, great regular season stats, but chokes when it matters most. People act like a shiny new WR is going to change that 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

The problem, as I understand it, from public comments of the coaching staff is that Josh scores too quickly on these drives. 

McD has told Josh he needs to leave max of 12 seconds. Anything more no defense in the league can hold. 

14 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

We all know what the problem really is and it’s McDermotts bend & break defenses. It’s been the same story for years. The Lamar Jackson of defenses, great regular season stats, but chokes when it matters most. People act like a shiny new WR is going to change that 

Shiny new WR and we are up by more than 7 (make that 8)...

One issue with this stat is the more times your down the more chances you have. Some QB's create their own opportunities to then redeem themselves. Others were blowing teams out more often or putting games away before a comeback is needed. 

55 minutes ago, ngbills said:

McD has told Josh he needs to leave max of 12 seconds. Anything more no defense in the league can hold. 

Shiny new WR and we are up by more than 7 (make that 8)...

One issue with this stat is the more times your down the more chances you have. Some QB's create their own opportunities to then redeem themselves. Others were blowing teams out more often or putting games away before a comeback is needed. 

I don’t think a QB has blown out more teams than Allen since 2020

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Mahomes has the best record down double digits in NFL history. FYI.

Ok but the original point was with 5 minutes left. My guess would be he’s already got the lead by then. 

14 hours ago, Chaos said:

The real issue, and I know I'm gonna get flack for saying this, is that Allen is one of the big reasons the team has to claw back from behind to begin with. 

Sure, he can get credit for scoring late against the Patriots, sending us to OT against the Jets, or getting us in FG range against the Broncos, but then you'd have to point out how Josh threw us out of those games in the first place. 

• Vomit 1

14 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I like the title. Lamar Jackson better than Patrick Mahomes or Tom Brady in clutch drives. I would prefer seeing this to tie or take the lead with under 3 minutes. I'm sure Josh does just fine in that as well but if your life depended on six I'm pretty sure everybody on the planet is giving the ball to Mahomes or Brady. 

I saw Brady have a lot more game winning Field Goal drives than Touchdown drives. Also helps when the refs are in your back pocket too.

22 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

The real issue, and I know I'm gonna get flack for saying this, is that Allen is one of the big reasons the team has to claw back from behind to begin with. 

Sure, he can get credit for scoring late against the Patriots, sending us to OT against the Jets, or getting us in FG range against the Broncos, but then you'd have to point out how Josh threw us out of those games in the first place. 

Jets game it's fair to blame Josh.

I think it's fair to blame the Denver game on the offense for 4 turnovers, but not on Josh in particular. He had 1 bad INT, Cook lost a fumble, Gabe let a perfect throw go through his hands for an INT, and there was a botched handoff between Allen/Cook. 

Patriots game though? He had 1 turnover (not counting the last second intentional fumble). The DEF gave up 29 points to a Mac Jones led team that was in a death spiral. The Pats didn't score more than 17 points in the 5 weeks before or after this game. Accounting for the opposition this game might be the worst defensive performance in McD's tenure. 

• Like (+1) 1

He is at Peyton Manning level of expectations.  Thats the only player I can think of who's expectations from the media and opposing fans is best of all time.