Xavier Worthy injured during 1st practice as a Chief

Posted (edited)

https://fox4kc.com/sports/chiefs/chiefs-worthy-exits-early-rookies-impress-in-first-day-of-minicamp/amp/

Chiefs’ Worthy exits early, rookies impress in first day of minicamp

The Kansas City Chiefs’ 2024 first-round pick did not finish his first practice as a pro.

In the latter half of practice during a play during the team session, wide receiver Xavier Worthy ran a go route and attempted to stretch for the ball. After the play, Worthy stretched his left leg before walking gingerly to the sideline.

He took his helmet off but later put it back on after taking a drink and talking with trainers and coaches. Worthy jogged to certain spots throughout the rest of practice but did not take another rep.

It was the end of the day for the 28th overall pick.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The history of blazing fast wideouts that are not built to withstand the rigors and demand of pro football is not good

He'll be a threat when he's able to be on the field, but I don't forsee him being healthy much

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Mahomes was also in Miami for the F1 race. Can't believe he wasn't working out with his new WRs. How dare he does anything other than football. 

Mahomes was trying a new passing drill, throwing balls into F1 cars as they go by.

• Haha (+1) 2

The reporters had the "Worthy impresses in first day of camp" headline ready to go before practice began and didn't bother to change it after he promptly dropped his first pass and then got injured. 

Welcome to the world of preformed narratives. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, finn said:

The reporters had the "Worthy impresses in first day of camp" headline ready to go before practice began and didn't bother to change it after he promptly dropped his first pass and then got injured. 

Welcome to the world of preformed narratives. 

They're already praying he catches the winning TD against us in the playoffs so the narrative goes full circle

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

In the latter half of practice during a play during the team session, wide receiver Xavier Worthy ran a go route and attempted to stretch for the ball. After the play, Worthy stretched his left leg before walking gingerly to the sideline..

I am more interested in seeing how he stands up to the LOS bumping and aggressive tackling of NFL DBs. Does his body hold up? Will he keep holding on to the ball after hits?

I didn't wish injury on anyone of course but the small frame will be an issue. I think he will still make a few highlight plays, hopefully not against us

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This is going to be one of the biggest eating crow trades , draft picks in a long time.

Ppl on here and Twitter were absolutely disrespecting the trade and not picking Worthy like crazy. It was unbelievable how bad ppl were trashing Beane n co

I was personally thrilled we didn't take him. There's years of proof that guys his size and skill set are busts but he ran super fast in shorts so ppl were talking like he's a shoe in to be an elite WR 

This isn't a good sign at all for KC

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Doesn’t matter.

40 time is all that matters. 

If he can't make it through a none contact practice i can't wait to see Millano, Benford & other laying the lumber to the guy & see just how fast he is after a couple of those hits sitting on the bench ...

• Like (+1) 1