Would you get Tom Brady’s autograph?

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

I would love to meet him. 

I think he seems to be a cool guy with a great sense of humor. 

I’ve never enjoyed watching anyone else play football more than Tom Brady. 

For well over a decade, nearly every time he was on TV was like watching a clinic. 

I love great football and he was - by far - the best QB to play the game. 

Mrs Brady? Tommy’s momma… is that you? You think he has a great sense of humor? Do you think mannequins are funny? He is one of the most contrived human beings next to Tom Cruise 

52 minutes ago, Ponch said:

Mrs Brady? Tommy’s momma… is that you? You think he has a great sense of humor? Do you think mannequins are funny? He is one of the most contrived human beings next to Tom Cruise 

Yeah … he’s no Jim Kelly. 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1

I can see being indifferent towards an autograph. That's pretty much my stance too.

But to actively have hatred for a guy who was just far better at his job than anyone on the team you liked was at theirs says a lot more about you than him.

15 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Here's a question....what does Mahomes have to do to be considered the best ever? He has 3 Super Bowls and is actually a better all around athlete than Brady. If he keeps putting up the numbers he has and wins 5 Super Bowls, which would be 2 less than Brady, would he overtake Brady? I feel like Brady is a better guy in real life. Mahomes has always struck me as an entitled arrogant prick. But this is just based on play

Win seven and one of them has to be without Andy Reid as his head coach.

Don’t care for autographs.  Certainly wouldn’t purposefully get a Brady autograph.

Have a few from Jim Kelly though.  One was given to me and the other is when he signed a football for my son when Kelly visited his pee wee football practice.

22 hours ago, Ga boy said:

I’m seeing some short Fb vids of people getting autographs and selfies with the GOAT QB in public places.  I think a true Bills fan wouldn’t.  I wouldn’t. I even saw him autographing someone’s clothing who didn’t ask for it.  Now that’s a Brady move. If I was in the same elevator or sat beside him in coach (ha), I would definitely tell him I’m a member of Bills Mafia and I’m glad he’s retired.  I mean I’d have to say something, wouldn’t I?  But no autograph or selfie.  How bout you?  Would you, could you, should you?

If you are a "true fan" of NFL football no matter what the team is that you follow and didn't get a autograph from one of if not the best QB to ever play the position you r a dam fool !!

Now i'm not saying while your getting that autograph you shouldn't have a good little dig ready for him as far as how you felt (Nothing nasty) while he owned our team and i think he would be good with a little playful dig but to not ask him for his autograph i'm going to ask all day if i wasn't so dumfounded that i could speak to ask for it .

If I won it at something sure. 

I have very few autographed things. two jerseys. 

John Tavares Bandits. 
Greg Maddux Braves. 

both hung on the wall in my office. 

though I may complete the Braves rotation collection. 

Posted (edited)

I'm not much of an autograph guy.  It was different when I was a kid.  As a grown man who is older than Brady, I admire his talent and accomplishments, but I don't idolize him (same with guys like Josh Allen).  If I met Brady, I'd love to chat with him.  We graduated from the same university and I'm a huge football fan.  I also used to do yoga.  He didn't "do" anything to the Bills that he didn't do the rest of the NFL.  The guy was a master at his craft and seems to be a good guy.  He did an interview on Howard Stern a year or two ago and he came across as very personable and entertaining.

I own an AFC Champions hat signed by Jim Kelly and a hockey puck autographed by Gil Perreault.  Both were gifts.  I like them both.  If I had a Brady jersey or a Josh Allen jersey, it would be cool to have them signed, but if I ran into a famous athlete at a bar, restaurant or charity event, I wouldn't ask them to sign a napkin, my shirt, etc.  I have a signed copy of Marv Levy's book that my wife had him sign for me at a book signing, but when I saw Marv in the grocery store in Chicago, I had a brief conversation with him as we each picked out our produce.  I didn't ask him to sign anything.  And while I'm older than Tom Brady, I'm not older than Marv!  God willing I live as long as he has.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 10:14 AM, Ga boy said:

I’m seeing some short Fb vids of people getting autographs and selfies with the GOAT QB in public places.  I think a true Bills fan wouldn’t.  I wouldn’t. I even saw him autographing someone’s clothing who didn’t ask for it.  Now that’s a Brady move. If I was in the same elevator or sat beside him in coach (ha), I would definitely tell him I’m a member of Bills Mafia and I’m glad he’s retired.  I mean I’d have to say something, wouldn’t I?  But no autograph or selfie.  How bout you?  Would you, could you, should you?

Your way of interacting with Brady does not make you a "true Bills fan".  Do you have some kind of Bills Mafia code of conduct made up in your head we all have to adhere by?  Me, I would not ask him for an autograph but I would not ask Josh Allen either.  If I found a way to shoot the s*** with either I would.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 1

Hated Brady while he was playing, especially in the meat of his career. But once he went to TB, left the division and the conference, and he started to lighten up a bit, I started to like him a bit more. 

That said, Brady's story of on again/off again college starter, 199th pick, showing up and telling the owner that "I am going to be the best decision you ever made", would have played very well amongst Bills fans. 

On 5/5/2024 at 10:32 AM, Watkins101 said:

Yeah, but just to sell it probably.

Could take the probably right off there for me, I’ll take it and I’ll sell it to the guy next to me for $5, I’m still ahead.