OBJ To Miami

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yes OBJ even at this stage of his career is a better outside WR than anyone on our roster other than maybe Coleman depending on how quickly he gets up to speed. He is the exact type of signing I wanted to see, a baseline floor.

Not worried about Miami at all. Their already garbage defense is going to be even worse and Tua is still Tua.

But getting OBJ would have shut the door on getting someone better.  My sights are higher than OBJ.  It's the same way I felt about drafting 2 rookies high.

The post June 1st addition should be real quality.  The lowest I would like to see is DHop.   Metcalf/Aiyuk/DSamuel/Godwin/and DJ Moore all work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

That's kind of the problem in a nutshell. You ran out of receivers to list after the first three, and had to start bringing up tight ends and running backs.

Unfortunately, good NFL offenses require more than three capable receivers -- if for no other reason than depth in case of injury -- and the Bills currently don't have any. They're throwing a bunch of a vet minimum and special teams guys at the wall to see what sticks, hence my camp battle comments.

I disagree that "we fine". I think we lack any capable receivers past the first three you listed (one of whom is a rookie and hasn't even proven to be capable yet), and Beane's strategy for solving that issue is to scrape the bottom of the barrel and to cross fingers and hope. But as I've said before: Hope is not a strategy.

Ya, I hear ya. But keep in mind we did the same for the past few seasons.

Sherfield, Harty etc last season. Brown and McKenzie before that. And on and on... no world beaters but we seem to end up in the playoffs every season. If our D could only stay healthy for one frickin season we would possibly be SB champs by now. Our running game is stronger and yes, I listed Kincaid and Knox for a reason: I don't care what position they line up at. It's the new NFL... hit the open weapon. Just like, ahem, KC has been for years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Dolphins are banking on home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If they get that they're very very dangerous.  If they have to go on the road to KC, buffalo, cincy,  any of the tough cold weather places, they're screwed

The problem for the Dolphins is their home field advantage really only lasts through mid-October while it's scorching hot in Miami. Once the weather cools off to the point it's no longer baking the visitor's sideline it's the equivalent of a lovely day for football with a minimum of crowd noise for their opponent.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Are you guys saying old, broken down OBJ is the type of signing you wanted to see?

Yeah. "Almost" beat us out. But didnt. And are like 1-9 against us over the last few years. And most of those were blowouts by the Bills.

Maybe this is their year. But until they prove otherwise, they are our little kids and Josh is their daddy.

Yup and the one win was in extreme weather. The NFL isnt going to let that happen again either. Bills dolphins early season game with either be at night or in Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mango said:

This is a very expensive 35 catches, 565 yards, and 3 TD's over 14 games. 

Maybe OBJ has one or two more 1k years left in him, but he is running on fumes. 

at this point I’m here for him taking out teammates to the clubs and other distractions- 

im not sure he’s an actual net positive for them

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But getting OBJ would have shut the door on getting someone better.  My sights are higher than OBJ.  It's the same way I felt about drafting 2 rookies high.

The post June 1st addition should be real quality.  The lowest I would like to see is DHop.   Metcalf/Aiyuk/DSamuel/Godwin/and DJ Moore all work.

I think you need to start preparing to be very disappointed

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

at this point I’m here for him taking out teammates to the clubs and other distractions- 

im not sure he’s an actual net positive for them

Since the end of the 2019 season, OBJ has 102 receptions. That's some hardcore late-period Sammy Watkins style production.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Process said:

I had thought this was their plan since ditching Diggs. 

But now with the news of the financing and succession plans, I am worried.

1 hour ago, Process said:

That's my default position. I'm disappointed and somewhat angry about it. I don't think it's smart.

We can still win, but it will be harder than it needs to be, and with hardly any margin for injury.

I'm holding open a sliver of hope that Beane has a post 6/1 trade or signing in mind.

Don't really give a damn if some folks think that is foolish. It's not metaphysically impossible, and I'd prefer 

to hope that Beane has a better feel for the quality of his WR room, though probably he doesn't.

5 hours ago, Process said:

When, in September?

Is Tua still their QB?

Explain to me how they are better than last year, when they lost to every good team they played and had 0 chance of winning a Superbowl....

I expect this from Stephen A Smith but a bills fan being worried about the Dolphins in the year 2024 is kind of mind boggling.

I mean, I’m not sure where you derived that I was “worried” about Miami, JA will still make them his B word.  However, the Bills lost a lot of talent and didn’t replace much of it, so I’m sure their fans think they are the class of the East too.

43 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The odds of Tua making it through another full season without getting hurt are not in his favor IMO based on his history.

I was shocked by last season. I was thinking it was more a matter of when than if

Time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 1