Bills sign Chase Claypool, Smoot, Jones

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

I mean, we know he can play when motivated.  He's 25 and doesn't have an injury history.  He should just be hitting his prime now.  The question is whether his attitude is right.  If he's suddenly transformed into a hardworking, team first guy, then this is a great signing.  I don't have much hope, since you don't really see guys just flip their personalities in their mid-20s.  I guess Cris Carter is a guy that turned it around.  Just have to wait and see.

I think you do short term when there’s a ton of money at stake.  I could see him workin hard to hit one last pretty big contract then he can phone it in

Heck that’s probably what he was disgruntled about in the first place.  If your teams passing game is garbage that’s costing you money in the future.  I’m sure a bunch of teams were interested in him on a deal like this but he’s got a legitimate path to wr2 in Buffalo and josh Allen and chose us 

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Don't forget Curtis Samuel!  I'm starting to believe he's going to get way more targets than expected 

He is paid as a starter.  Samuel and Shakir will get a bunch of targets in the area Diggs and Beasley operated for years.  Samuel adds the backfield and jet sweep element without having personnel tip off the defense.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

this where I'm at 100%.  If he's trouble or doesn't produce in camp....easy cut. 

IF IF IF he's a changed man with a lot to prove.....could be jackpot for us 

Dude he’s an idiot. You cant fix stupid. He needs a new brain. Worse thing is that he makes the roster (because we are desperate and he is way more talented than the competition) because you just know he will F up again. 

• Dislike 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Tua has not been garbage no matter how bad bills fans want to rip on him 

Yea but he joined Miami midseason…that offense is not an easy transition where you can just step in cold and go off.  He undoubtedly would’ve been better with a full offseason there but how much better is the interesting question 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea but he joined Miami midseason…that offense is not an easy transition where you can just step in cold and go off.  He undoubtedly would’ve been better with a full offseason there but how much better is the interesting question 

That's fair. My point though is Tua is not a garbage QB

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Dude he’s an idiot. You cant fix stupid. He needs a new brain. Worse thing is that he makes the roster (because we are desperate and he is way more talented than the competition) because you just know he will F up again. 

I mean he’s financially motivated to at least appear to not be an idiot for one year so he will fix himself short term imo…can he still play is the question 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, mrags said:

He’s faster than Coleman. Why not 

The decline in your ability to be an objective and open minded poster is also faster than Coleman  😁

• Like (+1) 1

I'm giving Claypool the benefit of the doubt over the trainwreck that is the Chicago Bears.

Can you name a receiver in the last 5 years that has panned out for the Bears? Me neither.

These GMs play politics to cover up their own mistakes. Fields is a bust so let's blame it on the receivers to save our job.

Suddenly the Steelers are talking bout Fields running back kicks! Isn't that tacit admission that he's inept as a passer?

Claypool wasn't going to get many looks in Miami being the new guy in town with Hill and Waddle.

This signing is all upside.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, danc said:

The decline in your ability to be an objective and open minded poster is also faster than Coleman  😁

Awe. You came out of a cave to post your 74th post to comment on me. I feel special 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, vincec said:

I’m not sure why there is so much focus on the WR room when it was obvious over the second half of last season that the Bills are becoming a run heavy team that throws mostly to its TEs and backs. How many catches did Diggs and Davis, their #1 and #2 WRs, even have the last 8 games of last season? And then they draft two more OL, a RB and a big, physical WR. That should be telling everyone something, IMO.

We have Josh Allen, and the plan is to design an offense built for JJ McCarthy? If that's the plan I don't support it. Build a dominant passing offense capable of steamrolling teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Claypool... I don't hate it. 

He's the living embodiment of low risk / high reward.  He has every physical tool to succeed, he just needs to put in the effort.  I doubt that this is his wake up call, but if it is he'll be home run. 

I still want a more "sure thing" roster lock, but this is excellent competition or at the very worst, practice squad depth. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Keon Coleman
Curtis Samuel

Khalil Shakir

KJ Hamler

Mack Hollis

Chase Claypool 

Justin Shorter
Quintez Cephus

Should he be higher on the depth chart? 

Shorter,  a mid-5th rounder last year, is turning into a real bargain.  LOL