Jags rumoured to get back to back London games again in 2024

If they do get B2B London games, then the team that plays them in the 2nd game over there should have a bye week the week before. Allows them to go over there earlier if they want to adjust to the time change. At least give the team the option to do that.

• Agree 3

There’s a lot of whining on here. Yes, the Bills lost in London. I know. I was there. And we had a blast! But if they’d won they’d have ended up hosting the Chiefs in the playoffs instead of having to travel to Arrowhead again….oh wait….never mind! 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Maybe the Bills should schedule a game in Toronto that counts as a home game for the Bills opponent.  

I like that idea. Rotate the "home" game between the Pats, Jets, and Dolphins :)

• Like (+1) 1

What a tale of two halves. Prior to the Jaguars game it was "BILLS FANS ARE TAKING OVER LONDON, WE ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE, ABBY ROAD, LONDON BRIDGE, I JUST SLEPT WITH THE QUEEN ON TOP OF BIG BEN!!" to "it's not fair, this is terrible for the NFL, Terry must refuse to fly the team over!! Reparations!!"

• Haha (+1) 4

I had more an issue with Buffalo's late travel schedule than the back to back advantage.  We put our team at more of a disadvantage than they already were going to be.  

I'm ok with the back to back... but they should both be JAX home games imo.  

Also, the tottenham "turf" on top of grass was among the worst surfaces a team can play on.  💰💰💰💰

We are 6 days away 5/9/24 from the schedule release date. My guess for week 1 is Pats at Bills 1:00. KC will play Thursday night since they won the Super Bowl. I could see teams like the Texans, Chargers with Harbaugh, or Ravens as far as AFC teams go getting the SNF/MNF week 1 spot. Or they could go with some NFC teams like Dallas, SF, PHIL for primetime as well.

It's going to continue to happen, it's going to be a permanent fixture as the NFL continues to push to expand interest worldwide.  This is nothing new, the NFL has been very public about its intentions, nobody should be surprised about this. It's good for the NFL long term (which indirectly benefits the Bills). Get over it.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Gregg said:

We are 6 days away 5/9/24 from the schedule release date. My guess for week 1 is Pats at Bills 1:00. KC will play Thursday night since they won the Super Bowl. I could see teams like the Texans, Chargers with Harbaugh, or Ravens as far as AFC teams go getting the SNF/MNF week 1 spot. Or they could go with some NFC teams like Dallas, SF, PHIL for primetime as well.

I met a guy yesterday at work who saw me wearing my Bills lanyard, and starting talking football. He's a Lions fan, and he seemed pretty certain that he had heard Bills-Lions is the week 1 game. No idea where he could have heard that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I met a guy yesterday at work who saw me wearing my Bills lanyard, and starting talking football. He's a Lions fan, and he seemed pretty certain that he had heard Bills-Lions is the week 1 game. No idea where he could have heard that.

I haven't heard anything either. Usually, a week before the schedule release you might hear rumors/speculation about who the Chiefs will play week 1 since they are the first game on Thursday night but nothing with the Chiefs opponent as well.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If the NFL insists on doing this, IMO the best way is to send 4 teams over. Maybe the whole AFC South. Have Jax vs Tennessee and Indy vs Houston the first week for instance. Then switch dance partners and schedule Jax vs Indy and Tennessee/Houston. That way everyone has the same benefit of being in place for 2 weeks. 

The NFL will make Trevor Lawrence good whether we like it or not 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The NFL will make Trevor Lawrence good whether we like it or not 

I could see one of the Jaguars-Texans games being played in primetime with Lawrence and Stroud. The league loves to promote good QB matchups. I expect one of the Bills-Jets games to be in primetime for the same reason.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

It's definitely an unfair advantage for the Jags, the 2nd week at least. They get a whole week to adapt where the other team comes in on a whim and has to play a game. Hopefully, it's not us going over there this year and getting screwed out of a home game like someone else mentioned. 

It's fine as long as the team facing them the second week is coming off a bye. That's a very easy solution. 

1. Make both games Jaguar home games

2. Move the games a month

3. Give the 2nd opponent their bye the week before so they can come over a week early.

Then again that would eliminate the advantages for the Jaguars.

In a couple years I could see them doing this back to back thing twice during the season giving the LonJax Jaguars 4 home games in London and 4 home games in Duval.

The NFL has gone down the tubes from any moral or ethical standard.  That's what happens when the focus becomes purely money/wealth.  It'll continue to thrive in that way however.  Even here to at least some extent.  This team is slowly distancing itself from fans by allowing it to be run by national interests in some regard.  Pegula's also made it clear that it's all about the money for him.  

We love our Bills, but that doesn't mean we love the NFL.  If the Bills ever left many of us wouldn't give a crap about the NFL. 

53 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Hope not.  With all the newness it would be nice to open against a non contender or Miami at home in week one.  They're a non contender for us.  LOL

3 hours ago, H2o said:

It's definitely an unfair advantage for the Jags, the 2nd week at least. They get a whole week to adapt where the other team comes in on a whim and has to play a game. Hopefully, it's not us going over there this year and getting screwed out of a home game like someone else mentioned. 

If we do go, hopefully some genius at OBD doesn't decide based on some metrics that we should fly over the night before.  

LOL

I went to London last year and had a good time, except for the Bills performance during the game itself.  While I think it's an unfair advantage for the Jags to get back-to-back games there, the Bills traveled there much too late in the week and didn't do themselves any favors.  They could have handled it much better and been more ready to play on Sunday.  The Bills also suffered some serious injuries during that game and were starting to play poor football at that point in the season.  So, it wasn't all on the NFL.

Despite the advantage to the Jags, I'm not going to get too worked up about all of this.  The Bills were the better team, and over the course of a 17-game season, they proved it and the Bills ended up having a better season than the Jags.  The Chiefs were the best team in the NFL, and despite having to go on the road during the playoffs, they, too proved their superiority in the end.  (The Bills were close, but not quite there.)  My point is that while these scheduling quirks give one team a slight advantage over another, in the long run, the best teams win out and it's not worth getting too upset about it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Flipside is their fans lose one home game and potentially another that is far easier to attend. If I were a Jags fan the amount of time they go to London would be greatly troubling to me.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I hate this London crap.  If I were Terry I would flat the the NFL we aren't doing that again.

But Terry and the other owners make money from this, there won't be huge pushback.  My guess is the team that plays them 2nd will learn from the Bills and have the team fly over right after their game finishes