Deion Jones signed to 1-year deal per Schefter

This off season they've brought in Morrow and drafted LBer late combined with how almost secretive they have been about the Milano injury since day 1 while having a guy they liked enough to draft in Round 3 last year and Spector. And now this. 

They aren't approaching the LBer room in a way that leads me to believe they think an All Pro LBer is returning at the start of the season. Not saying he's not, of course. Just taking a lot of bites at the LBer apple for a team that only plays 2 at a time (with some coverage on STs.)

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

15 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Used to be a solid cover LB. 

Still only 29 until November. It’s not like he was covering Jim Brown on wheel routes. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

He’s also faster than Keon Coleman 

Incorrect.

I’m sorry, wrong category.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Posted (edited)

Prime Time Woot!!!!

is he any good??

Edited by Don Otreply

Posted (edited)

96 starts in his career.  Brings a lot of experience.

Ran a 4.38 40 at the combine 8 years ago.  Wonder how much of that speed he still possesses?  

PFF rated him as the 7th best LB in the league back in 2021 but only graded him a 66.3 last season in limited action as a backup.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

96 starts in his career.  Brings a lot of experience.

Ran a 4.38 40 at the combine 8 years ago.  Wonder how much of that speed he still possesses?  

PFF rated him as the 7th best LB in the league back in 2021 but only graded him a 66.3 last season in limited action as a backup.  

sounds like maybe he was hurt, or coming back from an injury?

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This off season they've brought in Morrow and drafted LBer late combined with how almost secretive they have been about the Milano injury since day 1 while having a guy they liked enough to draft in Round 3 last year and Spector. And now this. 

They aren't approaching the LBer room in a way that leads me to believe they think an All Pro LBer is returning at the start of the season. Not saying he's not, of course. Just taking a lot of bites at the LBer apple for a team that only plays 2 at a time (with some coverage on STs.)

I don't think signing guys like Morrow and Jones and spending a late 5th on a LB speaks to their concern of Milano's availability.

If there were concern there, they'd have done something more than these moves. Morrow and Jones are considered fringe players and Ulofoshio is a development player. You have to keep in mind that we lost Tyrel Dodson, Tyler Matakevitch, and AJ Klein this offseason. I don't see any way both Morrow and Jones make it to the 53. 

Jones at this stage in his career is a Camp Battle body. He was traded to Cleveland along with a 7th Round Pick in exchange for a 6th in 2022. He signed with Carolina in 2023, didn't make the 53, and was re-signed to the Practice Squad.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3