Keon Coleman: Josh Allen texted me “You’re the guy I want”

20 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

10000% disagree, do any other teams incorporate this strategy into their draft philosophy besides the Bills? I’ve literally never heard of such a thing. Do you think Sidney Crosby tells the GM who he likes or wants to play with?

Every single team worth its salt shows their leadership the courtesy of listening.

It certainly doesn't mean they are going to do whatever the captain says, but it creates a sense of ownership that is valuable in every locker room.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I doubt very many people who post on the board, feel as though they know better who the best offensive players to pick are, better than Brandon Beane. 
I doubt very many people who post on the board, feel as though they know better who the best offensive players to pick are, better than Andy Reid/Chiefs. 

I think a lot of people suspect the Chiefs know how do do things better than the Bills (based on Super Bowls won recently).   I think some of these people are concerned that the Chiefs with Worthy will have better results that the Bills with Coleman.  If they stopped to think about it, I suppose that if the Chiefs picked Coleman and the Bills picked Worthy, they would have the exact same concerns. 

As fan who thinks there is a .000001 percent chance the NFL is scripted, I am sad going into the season afraid that the Bills are going to lose in the scripted playoffs on a Mahomes to Worthy pass.  Mocking the Bills is a pretty joyful thing for a lot of NFL fans (sometimes even Bills fans, because if you don't laugh you have to cry)

Edited by Chaos
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I doubt very many people who post on the board, feel as though they know better who the best offensive players to pick are, better than Brandon Beane. 
I doubt very many people who post on the board, feel as though they know better who the best offensive players to pick are, better than Andy Reid/Chiefs. 

I think a lot of people suspect the Chiefs know how do do things better than the Bills (based on Super Bowls won recently).   I think some of these people are concerned that the Chiefs with Worthy will have better results that the Bills with Coleman.  If they stopped to think about it, I suppose that if the Chiefs picked Coleman and the Bills picked Worthy, they would have the exact same concerns. 

As fan who thinks there is a .000001 percent chance the NFL is scripted, I am sad going into the season afraid that the Bills are going to lose in the scripted playoffs on a Mahomes to Worthy pass.  Mocking the Bills is a pretty joyful thing for a lot of NFL fans (sometimes even Bills fans, because if you don't laugh you have to cry)

I don’t understand 

This is good to hear.  Esp with a WR who may have some route running issues initially (lack of separation).  Shows the QB and SR likely to work together in the offseason to get ahead. of those issues and be in the same page.  

Posted (edited)

Separation has been his biggest red flag, but there are routes where he's been very successful.

He's probably not going to be someone you have running go routes, but he's been touted as a "big slot" guy. Every year, it seems like someone is the new "slot guy" for us, whether it be Kincaid last year, or Shakir before that.

The video I grabbed this graphic from reviewed the last 32 players that finished in the 35% or under percentile in terms of separation in college, and only 5 players were "hits" or close to it.

Those players were:

1. Amon-Ra St. Brown

2. Cooper Kupp

3. Juju Smith-Schuster

4. Tyler Boyd

5. Rashee Rice

He's in the 20th percentile for man coverage, 19th against press. However, he's at 80% against zone, so that's one major plus in bag already.

Coleman Routes.jpg

Edited by BigDingus

3 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

The QB should have zero say in personnel decisions. I really don’t understand this team. 

Dalton Kincaid begs to differ

33 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Separation has been his biggest red flag, but there are routes where he's been very successful.

He's probably not going to be someone you have running go routes, but he's been touted as a "big slot" guy. Every year, it seems like someone is the new "slot guy" for us, whether it be Kincaid last year, or Shakir before that.

The video I grabbed this graphic from reviewed the last 32 players that finished in the 35% or under percentile in terms of separation in college, and only 5 players were "hits" or close to it.

Those players were:

1. Amon-Ra St. Brown

2. Cooper Kupp

3. Juju Smith-Schuster

4. Tyler Boyd

5. Rashee Rice

He's in the 20th percentile for man coverage, 19th against press. However, he's at 80% against zone, so that's one major plus in bag already.

Coleman Routes.jpg

So much of this is dependent on who the qb is who is throwing to you. I’d love to see the split between MSU and FSU. Travis was FSU’s best qb by far, but that doesn’t mean he was/is actually good.

10000% disagree, do any other teams incorporate this strategy into their draft philosophy besides the Bills? I’ve literally never heard of such a thing. Do you think Sidney Crosby tells the GM who he likes or wants to play with?

Hey guy, I don’t know you in real life but your posts are really bad in real life.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The QB should have zero say in personnel decisions. I really don’t understand this team. 

I live in Cincinnati and Joe Burrow literally spent months publicly advocating for the Bengal's to draft Chase.  How did that work out for the Bengals.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I live in Cincinnati and Joe Burrow literally spent months publicly advocating for the Bengal's to draft Chase.  How did that work out for the Bengals.

I came in here to post the exact thing, almost word for word. Except, technically, I live in Springfield Township. And to be fair, the Bengals may have been better off with Penei Sewell but that is another conversation all together. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/draft/connection-with-patrick-mahomes-sparked-kc-chiefs-rashee-rice-pick

On Bleacher Report's B/R Gridiron NFL Draft broadcast, Adam Lefkoe revealed that Mahomes threw with Rice down in Dallas this offseason in addition to the 23-year-old wideout having a top-30 visit with the team:

"So I'm texting with (Patrick) Mahomes right now and was like, 'Do you like this guy?' And he says, 'I threw with him in Dallas.' He said, 'You know I put my input on all offensive guys.' I'm like, 'I know you do.' That's part of the reason why I love Mahomes. He's not one of these quarterbacks that's like, 'I'll see you in the offseason.' He's in there talking to Veach going, 'This is the guy that I want.'

"Similar thing that happened with Skyy Moore, if you remember that, probably also why he was throwing out with Zay (Flowers) — Pat worked out with this guy, threw with him out in Dallas and he said, 'I want this guy,' and you get him. He's going to play very early on. Rashee Rice, the new weapon for Pat."

Good enough for you?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

CJ Stroud hadn't even singed his contract and he had influence on the Texans drafting Tank Dell.

Josh telling the powers that be that he wants a sure-handed big target isn't a big deal at all to me. 

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

I wish you were right. Would be a better world. But I fear "very many people...feel as though they know better" than whomever disagrees with them. In general. This board is better than most forums, to be clear. 

I think fans generally wanted a speedy deep threat WR (because we don't really have that threat on the roster), and would have LOVED if we traded with KC and they took Coleman...and ultimately we took Worthy. Was even getting to the point where Worthy was the guy I wanted the Bills to draft above all others, and thought he'd be gone by 28. (Conversely, I definitely also shared some posts here the past few months proclaiming my counterintuitive optimism for Keon Coleman's prospects, given his combine gauntlet and best-in-class hands. Earlier in the winter, I was definitely concerned with Coleman's contested catch rate, lumping him in with the likes of Q Johnson and N'Keal Harry. It's been a journey.)

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Those players were:

1. Amon-Ra St. Brown

2. Cooper Kupp

3. Juju Smith-Schuster

4. Tyler Boyd

5. Rashee Rice

Coleman Routes.jpg

Is the color-coding on these route graphics inconsistent? Slant and Screen routes, for example, are mis-colored on both infographics, according to their own internal logic. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Kind of proves my point. Rice and Moore aren't exactly good based on where they were selected. QBs shouldn’t have a say in talent evaluation. They had the worst wr core in NFL last year with the most dropped passes. 

This must only happen in football, I follow hockey pretty closely and no NHL players are involved in selecting draft picks they want to play with. Just doesn’t happen. 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, teef said:

great.  now i'm signed up for a men's talking circle.

Circle + Teef + Men = Netflix docuseries 

4 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Kind of proves my point. Rice and Moore aren't exactly good based on where they were selected. QBs shouldn’t have a say in talent evaluation. They had the worst wr core in NFL last year with the most dropped passes. 

This must only happen in football, I follow hockey pretty closely and no NHL players are involved in selecting draft picks they want to play with. Just doesn’t happen. 

What?  80 receptions, just under 1,000 yards and 7 TD’s is not good for a second round rookie?  
Yeah, it didn’t work for the Chiefs last year or the year before.