IF Deebo Samuel were available a) would you want him and b) if so, what would you give up?

Can we stop with this? Like seriously I’ve been saying this for weeks ever since Diggs left that we don’t have cap space and now Beane has said it isn’t happening as well. 

let it go GIF

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

We don’t have the space this year. It may be possible to add someone of Debo’s stature next year, but I would first: 

1) want to see how Coleman develops and know what his full potential is, and 

2) go after other pass catchers whose skill sets can beat me maximized in conjunction with the other receivers on the team. 

Im more inclined to find that talent in the draft, but you never know.

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT

10 minutes ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

Albert Breer was just on the herd saying he thought Deebo Samuel would be available. What would everyone's thoughts be?

Fwiw, I have no idea if it would even work from a salary perspective. Just throwing it out there.

He's 28 and honestly while better than what we have, the question is at what cost? If it's a 2nd Round pick sure, if it's more than I have reservations. I also have questions since he really not been as good as he was in 2020 so might be overpaid and as tight we been against the cap perhaps it isn't the wisest of moves.

Deebo is a very good player, but he's not a guy I would target for the Bills.  The reasons are below.

1.  Too expensive.

2. Often injured.

3. Not an outside, down-the-field WR.  His skillset is much more similar to that of Curtis Samuel, who the Bills just signed.  Both guys catch passes in the slot, take handoffs in the backfield, runs sweeps, etc.  They're not identical players, as Deebo plays a more physical, punishing style, while Curtis plays more of a speedy, skill style, but they run a lot of the same type of plays.  Both have speed, but Curtis is faster.

4.  It would be too confusing to have two guys named Samuel running the same plays.  Unless folks want "Samuel" to the be the new "Williams."

Edited by msw2112

Nope. Not interested.

For one thing, we already filled the "Move WR who can line up at running back" role with a cheaper, faster Samuel. We don't need two of those types of players. His skillset would be redundant with Curtis Samuel.

For another, I'm not interested in committing the money to Deebo Samuel that he would likely command.

And finally, I don't think he adds the one thing that the Bills WR corps still seems to lack: Speed/explosiveness.

It's a no from me, dawg.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

NO.....the bills are only $6 mil under next years 2025 cap

we can't pay anyone a $28 mil cap hit.....

no new expensive toys until von and knox move out.......just the way it is

another reason why that minnesota 2nd rounder we got for diggs is so valuable

NO.  He isn't even the best WR on his own team let alone worth what they pay him. 

And Beane flat out said he will not be looking to trade for any of the rumored available WR's.  He likes who we have.  So it doesn't matter if they are available or not, we are not going to be a potential landing spot for him despite, as Beane even puts it, the media linking us to every trade out there.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

Albert Breer was just on the herd saying he thought Deebo Samuel would be available. What would everyone's thoughts be?

Fwiw, I have no idea if it would even work from a salary perspective. Just throwing it out there.

Take just a little step into reality, and realize that your Buffalo Bills for the 2024  / 2025 season is as you see it right now, 

The most I’d give for Deebo, is a 4th. While he’s not the same age as Keenan Allen, he’s also not the same type of player. Deebo relies on physicality to be effective, and that playing style clearly has taken its toll.

That being said, when healthy, dude is an absolute beast, and the idea of him and Josh Allen in the same offense sounds like a lot of fun. 
Definitely don’t understand anybody saying he wouldn’t have a role in Joe Brady’s offense. He would instantly become our #1 WR, and Brady’s offense is a predicated on shorter passes and getting players the ball in space/YAC, which leads me to believe some of you don’t know ball, bro… 

If we’re trying to win now, and his salary can be figured out without being a detriment to the future, while being had for a 4th or something in that range, then sure, why not get a super talented weapon who also has a vendetta against Mahomes and the Chiefs?