New Bills WR. Former Lion Quintez Cephus

MAJBobby

Just now, without a drought said:

So now the Bills have a slow guy that can run over 20mph while catching footballs and an even slower guy that has averaged over 15 yards a catch in the NFL.

Shhhh his 40 yard dash and gambling past are what define him not his play on the field. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I do as well.  The talent is there, the injuries hurt.  However I think this is a name that makes the Roster at the end of Camp if he truly has transitioned his body over like many have talked about all offseason.

Keon Coleman name dropped Hamler in his first interview after getting drafted. Said something like "fit in with KJ Hamler and those other guys up there." I thought that was interesting at least. Did someone on the Bills clue him in that Hamler was going to have a bigger role on the team than anybody has thought? Or did he just see his name on the roster and assume? If Hamler is fully healthy he has legit field stretching ability. Feels like quite a long shot to bet on though.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, without a drought said:

So now the Bills have a slow guy that can run over 20mph while catching footballs and an even slower guy that has averaged over 15 yards a catch in the NFL.

What is BB thinking? 🤔 

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

IfAt this point the answer is on the roster or we wait until 25. 

If Coleman is more Keenan Allen than Kelvin Benjamin.

If Shakir is ready to step up to be a younger Diggs.

If Samuel can be the Curtis Samuel mold.

If we can get something out of Shorter..

If Kincaid can take a major role in the game plan.

If Brady can make it work

I predict Shorter will give us 500 yards. If Shorter was healthy last year, Diggs would’ve been whining more due to fewer targets.  Coleman and Shorter will put some bruises on CBs.

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Just a depth signing, only had 2 catches last year. 

I don't know where you're finding that.  He had 0 catches last season, because he was suspended indefinitely by the league last April for gambling on games, and re-instated this April.  

He had 2 catches the previous year (2022), that would be in part because he was put on IR (can't find for what.  2021, also IR with shoulder injury.  

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/quintez-cephus/32004345-5042-2041-b441-60bc9cb55ad1

Basically another guy who "if he didn't have bad luck with injuries, he'd have no luck at all" - he had a broken leg that cost him a college season.

But he also has some shady ***** in his past besides the gambling suspension

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quintez_Cephus

Does make it kind of puzzling that the Bills seem to hold up their noses at recent draft picks who may have issues.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The problem with KJ Hamler (and Cephus for that matter) is that they've been plagued by injuries. 

Hamler has had two torn ACLs (HS and pro), two hammies serious enough for IR as a pro, a torn pec, and pericarditis.  If it weren't for bad injury luck, he'd have no luck at all. 

Isabella came out with questions about his hands, and has never managed to get on the field very much.  The positive thing is he saw some ST snaps last season - not as the returner, but presumably as a gunner due to his speed.

So if Brady has plans that require a guy with their skillsets, it f'in sucks that we didn't take a draft shot at a similar profile player who hasn't racked up the years of ??

If we're talking dark horse WR at the bottom of the roster, Bryan Thompson interests me.  He's not a super speedy guy, but the draft profile I found (and I had to dig) had very positive things to say about his route-running abilities and release moves, and concluded he was worth stashing on a PS for a year to see if he could develop.  So we signed him as an UDFA and stashed him....now we'll see.

Dude... Isabella or Hamler would be at best the 4th WR in something resembling the McKenzie role. Our top 3 is Shakir, Samuel and Coleman.

I think that starting trio is much better than what people think it will be as those 3 skillsets complement each other very well. The Diggs role may be downgraded from last season (though I really am excited to see what Brady has in store for Samuel) but the Davis role I view as a significant upgrade and it's year 3 for Shakir and now he gets the chance to hit the ground running in week 1. And our WR depth is better.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Beane gambles on a gambler. Interesting.

As Beane said in one of his recent pressers  "you have to have a nice mix of guys...not all can be choir boys".

As long as this WR isn't an ex-Carolina Panther I'm good. ha.

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Keon Coleman name dropped Hamler in his first interview after getting drafted. Said something like "fit in with KJ Hamler and those other guys up there." I thought that was interesting at least. Did someone on the Bills clue him in that Hamler was going to have a bigger role on the team than anybody has thought? Or did he just see his name on the roster and assume? If Hamler is fully healthy he has legit field stretching ability. Feels like quite a long shot to bet on though.

I've read where KJ Hamler has "transformed" his body. Said he's really been putting in the work to be ready to play. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

And now I’m changing my second flair to the Bills, let’s go QT

I might be biased as he’s a high school buddy but realistically he’s a strong WR 3 or 4. He’s an extremely hard working guy that came from nothing that has been working hard on his game nonstop for the past year to not only stay in shape but to get better. He’s not the fastest receiver but he’s extremely physical, strong, and can jump out of the gym. He only played receiver and corner for 1 year in high school and broke every single season record we had. Was previously a D1 basketball commit before larger D1 schools such as UGA, Miami, and Wisconsin offered him in football.

Even if he’s not the best player in the receiver room, he will be the hardest working regardless of where his career takes him.

Saw this interesting comment over on Reddit. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Being a Penn State fan, I watch a lot of Big 10 football and I recall liking him a lot playing for Wisconsin.

I liked him too. Watched him play while "drooling" over JT28. Wanted the Bills to draft JT28 to pair with JA17, but they had faith in Motor😢

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Translation available?

Aaron Quinn believes both Shorter and Cephus will show out well in training camp and preseason, generating a lot of "buzz" amoung  excessively enthusiastic and devoted fans (stans = stalkers + fans)  who will gather together in a vocal support group (hive).

Basically that they're gonna be the new Isaiah Hodgins

• Awesome! (+1) 1