Rd 5, Pick 141: C Sedrick Van Pran-Granger

44 minutes ago, boyst said:

Sirius xm NFL loves it. Just said he's gonna end up starting this year. 44 starts, big games.

Said that he switched two very different QBs and styles play that it was impressive that he could communicate, lead, and call plays with both is admirable.

Yes. Start him. Love it.  I liked Morse, but this guy has the nasty and power

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

McGinn’s writeup:

4. SEDRICK VAN PRAN-GRANGER, Georgia (6-4, 301, 5.19, 4): Started 44 straight games as a two-time national champion and two-time captain. “He played a long time; you can’t overlook those guys,” one scout said. “Smart as ***** and he’s a great kid. He could be a starter.” Didn’t run well and his arms measured 31 3/8, the shortest of the top 12 centers. “Loved his wiring and makeup, his size, his strength,” a second scout said. “Foot speed and overall athletic ability have some limitations. He’s a little tight in the hips and gets off balance at times. His arm length caused a little bit of (concern) just being matched up in pass pro. I think he’s gonna start in Year 1. His makeup is true starter. He’s a leader. He’s exactly what you want in a profile for the position.” Hands were 9 ½. “His time shocked me,” said a fourth scout. “I thought he’d be at least a 5-flat guy. He’s not a real physical player but, boy, is he quick and can get to the second level and block downfield. He needs to get stronger and be more physical.” From New Orleans.

• Like (+1) 1

From Fox Sports:

"Summary: They simply don't come much safer than Van Pran-Granger, who checks every box there is at center, from both a tangible and intangible perspective. He isn't a perfect prospect by any means — he gets beat occasionally, too — but the team that selects Van Pran-Granger will be doing so on Day Two with the expectation that he can challenge for the starting center role immediately."

So, our new starting center? This year?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Blank Stare said:

Good with this. Mitch gone, and guys on the panel seem to think he can start day one. 

If he's center only, and doesn't long snap, it's hard to make the team unless he's starting. They aren't carrying a pure backup center.

• Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

he should start immediately.  44 games at C in SEC on elite team. Leader.

McGovern Center play ________

keep him at LG

I agree--if he is good enough.

If so, this is an amazing pick,  a starting center this year, in his first year, picked in the 5th round!

If so it changes the dynamic of this team immediately and the Bills may end up not skipping a beat this year...

1 hour ago, boyst said:

We drafted a placeholder?  Wtf is beane thinking. 

Most analysis on him say he can likely start now, on day one, in the NFL.

So I assume your post is just trolling, just sarcasm?

If not, you are a foolish hater,  acting in utter ignorance.

Just now, Mister Defense said:

Most analysis on him say he can likely start now, on day one, in the NFL.

So I assume your post is just trolling, just sarcasm?

If not, you are a foolish hater,  acting in utter ignorance.

Well, @section122is a jerk. Originally the joke was clear. He had "round 5 placeholder"

So, your hilariously dramatic name calling is annoying, at best. Do better. 

He started every game for Georgia Bulldogs the last 3 years; in the last 2 years he did not give up a single sack; did not even give up a QB hit last year...all against big time SEC competition.

ESPN and a few others had him on their 1st team All American list last year.

Seems like a potential stud.

• Like (+1) 2

From my buddy that is a die hard UGA fan. (And slowly becoming a Bills fan):

“Sedrick Van Pran.  1st team All-SEC. 2nd team AP All American.  Remington Award finalist. Voted top OL in the SEC.  UGA team Captain and 2 time National Champion. High character, team leader.  Steal at the top of the 5th round .      Go Bills!”

“I can’t believe he was still on the board.  I was thinking 2-3 round.  He will be a 10 year starter... if you need a center”

<I said, we definitely need a center>

“He’s your man then.  
I heard the reason he dropped was that he is a center only and doesn’t play guard.”

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

His only negative to me is he has short arms and isn’t really an option at other positions. 

He can play alligator in the locker room really well.  Hope he can reach the ball

Edited by Matt_In_NH

30 minutes ago, boyst said:

Well, @section122is a jerk. Originally the joke was clear. He had "round 5 placeholder"

So, your hilariously dramatic name calling is annoying, at best. Do better. 

Not the worst thing I've been called today...

• Haha (+1) 2