Rd 4, Pick 128: RB Ray Davis, Kentucky

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Curtis Samuel runs in the mid 4.3s and Shakir runs a 4.42. Can you please know what you actually are talking about about before posting nonsense?

Sorry to have upset the board gestapo. I said get some speed at the receiver position, as in more. As in additions to what we already have. You know to address the whole explosive plays they think they are missing. 

• Eyeroll 1

He’s a good pick, but I’m not sure I love Beane’s draft strategy thus far. I would feel a lot more confident if we had doubled up on WR.

Maybe they have a veteran trade or Michael Thomas in mind. 

This actual pick though is fine, he’ll be a good addition to the room.

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Do you use hurricane straps when there is a storm?  My math is 5'11 and 150 lbs. Woah. 

That's correct.  

And the last time I went to the doctor they said I was borderline obese (granted, I was 10lb heavier 6 months ago, but still...).  

Anyway... point is that he's gotta have some serious muscle density, which is a great plus for a RB.  Looking forward to seeing Davis on the field.

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He may be the best RB in the draft.  Beane is 100% need-shopping in this draft - it is what it is, he has zero job pressure.  Good players but I question the value.

I question all the questioning of value.  Hard to judge value when you don't see a teams scouting reports, grades, etc.   Value is a Kiper word. 

Getting good players is what this is about.   

Mel Kiper is one of the better media draft gurus but he has never been a scout for an NFL team.  He is good for entertainment.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

For all of you adhering to the overhyped “don’t take a running back too high.” Remember with Brady we are a run first team. This is an offensive weapon. Seems like a great complementary pick  for the running back room. Besides, he seems like a special person will fit right into the process

Better to have an above replacement level RB2 than a replacement level backup LB or DE4. 

We’re building a balanced and versatile offense around Allen with strong players rather than the Allen/Diggs show which everyone on this board knows the ceiling on. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Success said:

So, just confirming:  a bunch of fans who hadn't even heard his name before 10 minutes ago hate the pick?

That about sums it up.  Gotta love the clown car that rides through this board......more than 1/2 of the clowns will be incognito during the season too!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills are not a run first team.

All evidence to the contrary after Brady took over. Cook was the main offensive weapon for this team for the second half of the season. I don’t see how that is debatable.

Edited by Mojo44
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Beane is drafting like he has a lifelong contract with the Bills. We have so much need and RB is not one. 

I think he's drafting like a guy who beat the champs once in the regular season, and lost to them by 3 points in a game where half of our starting defense was laid up

This take is a load of... well, you. 😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

He’s a good pick, but I’m not sure I love Beane’s draft strategy thus far. I would feel a lot more confident if we had doubled up on WR.

I think we all want another WR - and I agree we'll get one, likely in FA or via trade.

But I like the strategy.  Every pick is a need, and seems like a good fit.  It's almost like we went in order of what our needs our from most pressing on down.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I didn’t realize how many veteran WRs are still floating around. Post June 1 will likely see us add someone 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Capco said:

That's correct.  

And the last time I went to the doctor they said I was borderline obese (granted, I was 10lb heavier 6 months ago, but still...).  

Anyway... point is that he's gotta have some serious muscle density, which is a great plus for a RB.  Looking forward to seeing Davis on the field.

The stats always Surprise me. To simply compare our measurables to these high level athletes it is laughable. These guys are just built different. And most of us are 15 years older than them. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah, but who cares?

The Bills typically don't re-sign running backs to second contracts anyway (nor should they). It's not smart business. Running backs are "turn and burn". Even if he was 22, you still probably aren't re-signing him to a second contract.

If he has a productive 4-year career for the Bills as a backup to Cook, it's a good use of a late 4th round pick.

If he does I agree. Guess we will see. 25 and 26 are usually prime years for running backs so hopefully we get his best right away.

I hate reading most of these comments in this thread.

Davis is the real deal.He has the heart, skill and drive of a champion. Think...a young Frank Gore.

He has fought like hell to get into this position and has suffered hardships most on here couldn't imagine.

I'm rooting for Davis to achieve all of his dreams.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1