Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, ngbills said:

Bc he is the smartest guy in the room. Rather gamble that one of these random hamlet, shorter, Hollins etc steps up so he can look like a genius than do what everyone knows they should do. Last year everyone knew we needed to grab Hopkins and he rolled with sherfield and harty. Season would have looked a lot different if he made the right and obvious move. 

Shorter is still developing but I know we should throw him out with the bath water.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Mahogany finally goes... he was my best remaining. 

Board now looking like this... getting thin:

1. Beau Brade, S, Maryland

2. Leonard Taylor, DT, Miami

3. Brenden Rice, WR, USC

4. Beaux Limmer, C, Arkansas

5. Marcus Harris, DT, Auburn

6. Javion Cohen, IOL, Miami

7. Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State

8. Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

Leonard Taylor still on the board ?? 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

We have two picks left, we could take both but wouldn't be shocked if take a CB and WR.

We aren't taking a Kicker, Bass is going to be the kicker of this team they signed him to a big extension last year. He had a bad year last year, let hope he rebounds

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It's gonna be a tough road but could they not do:

Dawkins, Brown, Van Demark, Collins, Grable

McGovern, Torrence, Edwards, Van-Pran

With Collins having some flex to play guard too?

I know they signed Will Clapp and they have Doyle coming back from his 103rd injury but Beane could always do one of his fliperoos for a day 3 pick for one of those guys in camp. 

Depends what they think of Alec Anderson, seemed high on him being a future backup across IOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Or maybe he thinks Coleman and Samuel can just step in and replace Diggs/Davis? 

I was convinced he'd double dip wrs in the first 4 rounds. 

That would fall under "incorrect evaluation of where his WR room is" in my view.

I think they had an unrealistic expectation of Davis after the notorious 13 second game.

I hope they aren't making the same mistake and thinking Shakir is the new Diggs. He does appear to be ascending, but that's a lot to ask.

Taken separately, I haven't hated any of the picks apart from Coleman, and my concern about Coleman is partly because I fear he has to be a big slot to succeed.

Maybe that's wrong. I sure hope he will be a solid boundary receiver X. If he's D Hopkins, it's a spectacular hit, but a lot of receivers with his profile bust or end up having to play in the slot, because they can't separate.

I thought that Beane said they wanted explosive receivers who separate, and so I find it amusing that when folks are exasperated at the pick, they are treated as if all they did was look at the forty time. The outrage is based on expectations Beane set up, not only in his comments, but by not investing in WR in prior drafts, then letting Davis walk (no loss, I think), and on top of that, trading Diggs and taking on a massive cap hit.

Anyway, good luck to him. Beane was either lying, delusional, or has an ace in the hole we don't know about. A trade or post 6/1 FA signing could explain it, and I hope it does.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LEBills said:

Alec Anderson too. Like Gonzo said above if Grable can show enough versatility to cover both tackle spots maybe he can get one. But the Bills have two years invested in developing in RVD and Anderson.

Ah yea forgot Anderson. I think they like him. Personally I wouldn't keep Collins, certainly not to play tackle, he just moves too slowly post all the injuries to play out there IMO. If they wanted to try him at guard I'd be fine with it. Unless Grable looks a mess in camp and pre-season they have to find a way to keep him IMO. Invest a year into developing him and give yourself a baseline option in case Brown walks. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Shorter is still developing but I know we should throw him out with the bath water.

Practice squad player. Until he proves otherwise. You don’t avoid key contributors bc you have a practice squad guy. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Even better, young Hyde that hits better.

We have 2 Poyer replacements on the roster already with Rapp and Edwards.

Hyde was much more of a ball hawk than Cole is. Cole only had 3 INT’s in college. 

• Like (+1) 1