Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

18 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean did our aging safeties not stand out to anyone in that game? Lol Klein also got absolutely victimized.  this defense doesn’t matter mantra is getting a little tired seeing as the chiefs won with defense all year 

You misunderstand me.  I'm tired of the Bills going all-in on defense.  It's long past time to go all-in on offense.  When you have arguably the best QB ever, you need to surround him with offense talent that will deliver in the clutch, instead of gagging it away.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, dma0034 said:

I'm not so sure people say Defense doesn't matter: it's more like people saying the Defense hasn't done anything to stop the Chiefs in 3 postseason games so maybe the plan should be to just outscore them.

It should be control the clock on offense with opportunistic make them earn it defense. Kinda how parcels beat the bills in SB 25

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean did our aging safeties not stand out to anyone in that game?

Our reasonably aged safeties also didn't stand out in the 13 seconds game. Our defense is going to underperform in the playoffs. That is just a fact of life under current leadership unless we have like 5 all-pros. So yes I want us to if anything over invest in the offense and try to just purely overwhelm teams in the playoffs.

It's nothing against Cole Bishop as a player. It's the value of taking him versus the value of taking a different more impactful position that might make a meaningful difference in January.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I mean this was considered one of the deepest WR drafts ever, so yes I hoped we would use that opportunity to double dip. I am still very much against the safety and RB picks where we made them but it is what it is.

If it's announced that we're trading for Aiyuk post-6/1 I won't have any complaints though. Adding a player of his caliber AND a 1st round (close enough) WR in the same offseason would be the smartest thing Beane has done since drafting Allen.

Tell ‘em Hap!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean did our aging safeties not stand out to anyone in that game? Lol Klein also got absolutely victimized.  this defense doesn’t matter mantra is getting a little tired seeing as the chiefs won with defense all year 

The problem with saying this is McD's defenses get smoked in the playoffs by good QB's even when we do invest heavily in it. We were relatively healthy in 20 and 21 and gave up 40ish both years. We can't stop or even slow down Mahomes or Burrow.

I've said it before, but the reality is we stuck with that by keeping McD. We are essentially just moving forward accepting that we need to score 30-40+ points and be near perfect offensively to win games vs top teams with this head coach here...so we do need to load up on offense. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’m not talking about fifth rounders. 

But yes, he is still more valuable than Trent Sherfield and Mack Hollins. Hodgins already has more 200+ yard seasons than Sherfield does on 3 less years lol

And how many ST plays has Hodgins made?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You misunderstand me.  I'm tired of the Bills going all-in on defense.  It's long past time to go all-in on offense.  When you have the arguably the best QB ever, you need to surround him with offense talent that will deliver in the clutch, instead of gagging it away.

The best Bills QB ever, right?

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Not really fair

White and Milano were both All-Pro

Johnson is considered the best or second best nickel in all of NFL

Kincaid set rookie TE receive record

They used a first round pick and got the four best WR years in franchise history 

I’d throw Bernard and benford in there also, dane Jackson way outperformed his 7th round spot, cook could be great but it’s too early to tell 

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You misunderstand me.  I'm tired of the Bills going all-in on defense.  It's long past time to go all-in on offense.  When you have the arguably the best QB ever, you need to surround him with offense talent that will deliver in the clutch, instead of gagging it away.

Didn’t we take a TE in the 1st RD last year and a WR this year ? 

Edited by Putin
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I'm not so sure people say Defense doesn't matter: it's more like people saying the Defense hasn't done anything to stop the Chiefs in 3 postseason games so maybe the plan should be to just outscore them.

Thank you for not twisting my words.

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Seems like a balanced draft. Their first pick was on offense. Their next two picks were defense and then their next two picks were offense. The last two picks have been defense.

3 offense 4 defense and considering the Bills had more depth needs on Defense not shocking to see them go there 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

And how many ST plays has Hodgins made?

Honest question, WGAF. 

There’s STers everywhere. 

I want my WR’s to be able to play WR, personally. I know I know, radical concept.