Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

I really thought they'd package a 5th or two with their 4th to move up higher and take another decent WR prospect. They didn't, and the remaining options are less than inspiring.

As of this moment, I'm feeling like the Bills have one of the worst WR corps in the league. I don't see anybody on the roster that defenses have to respect deep. I don't see anyone who's opening up the field for our underneath targets.

In an offseason where I felt the Bills really needed to get better around Josh Allen, I can't help but feel they've gotten worse.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Even if you consider Diggs second half as whay he will be going forward....they have downgraded significanty

Not hating on Diggs I think his time had come and the offensive mindset and plan did not need him anymore 

I think talent wise yes but scheme and how we will operate going forward no one really knows 

I think we sold at the right time 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

PIT just used a 2025 3rd for this pick?

Price is high for trade-ups it seems.

Can see why the Bills haven't traded up on that basis. Actually, the cost of trades has been high since Thursday - I felt the Vikings gave up too much to move up.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I have to wonder if teams are flat-out refusing to trade with us, in order to prevent Beane from doing what he would prefer to do. He mentioned trying to trade up for Bishop, multiple times in his presser last night... 

Maybe what all these soon-to-spam-WGR whiner liners DON'T know is that Beane HAS been trying. Believe it or not, this ain't Madden: You can't just force trades, and none of us here have a clue what Beane is thinking or trying to do.

Chew on that.

I think you mean suck on that.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Shakir will be over 900 yards. His RAC is very excellent.  Dude just catches the ball.  Watch his highlights - watches the ball into his hands, sucks the ball in and into position for a football move immediately, turns upfield as soon as he has the ball with little hesitation. I feel he is underrated.  Samual at 800?  I'm good with that.  Coleman if he is brought along should get 500 plus yards, if fed the ball could do much better.  Kincaid could be near 1000 yards if used properly.

I feel our WR room is better.  Diggs was a problem in the locker room, good move to remove that problem.  Davis dropped so many balls last year that would have made a difference in games.  Glad he is gone so we can stop force feeding a dude that couldn't get the job done.

Our WR room is 100% not better. That's utterly ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, MPT said:

So we acquired all these draft picks to be able to move around the board and now we're just going to watch every remaining viable WR get taken when we could easily move up and get one?

Who promised you the bold?

Beane watched us lose a ton of starters. We have holes all over the Defense, especially in depth. Anyone who thought we were going to sacrifice a bunch of picks for mid-round WRs was on the wrong track.

Plus, you need 2 to tango and most of the teams are aware that the talent in this draft drops off a cliff after about 130 players. So those 5ths are worthless for trades.

Case in point:

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

PIT just used a 2025 3rd for this pick?

Price is high for trade-ups it seems.

You need to move next year's good picks just to get up in this draft.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Diggs still had it in him to turn up and be a #1 WR. The Bills have got no one on the roster to take on that role. Samuel for Davis? Fine, I'm ok with that. It's the number one where I think they're lacking.

Lacking a speedster for Josh's arm. If going shorter passes then I Suspect/hope they plan to use Dalton much more this year.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

There aren't enough roster spots up for grabs.  That said a RB2 and a DB would be nice depth pieces. 

We still need another Safety, CB #3/#4, a DE#3/#4, depth across the entire OL, more LBs can never hurt as we saw last year and of course another RB as you mentioned.