Rd 2, Pick 60: DB Cole Bishop, Utah

SDS

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Why did the Bills do all that work on Franklin and then not take him?

@_@; they do a lot of work on a lot of players they don't take.. advocating that they just don't bother to 'do work' on players they might draft is certainly a bold proposition.

• Agree 1

I expected the Bills to likely draft a safety at this pick.   Cole Bishop is a great pick.  Yes...I want them to double dip at WR, but to me their two biggest needs were WR and S in that order.  They got great value at both picks.  Instant contributors.  Bishop will knock Worthy back to Texas!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s clear the Bills pulled a fast one on everyone and said we are going to get bigger and more physical. Kincaid worked against Bishop everyday in practice and I’m sure Beane picked his brain about him. 

One thing I can say about the Utah program is they are tough disciplined and smart 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Bishop is a good pick. We’ll regret taking Coleman over Troy Franklin though. 

Idk, I live down here, he really isn't bad at all, just not a burner. He's kind of like JA in a lot of ways: big, athletic, hurdles defenders, hard to bring down. I really dont think the Kelvin Benjamin comps on here are fair, but I hated the JA pick and it took until the Vikings game to change my opinion. He could be the best WR we've ever had, or he'll be just good enough and nothing special. 

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Did @SDS forget we have a third round pick? Why did the draft topic get closed?

I close it for a few minutes to get everyone to comment about our pic in the right topic. This isn’t a group of Norman Einsteins. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Everyone that has taken a WR has taken another one over Franklin also. Will they all regret it too?

Everyone except Marvin Harrison and Rome Odunze. 

Franklin will be a Desean Jackson level talent in the NFL. 

The bigger issue is also the Coleman will not have the career of a Mitchell or McConkey either.