Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

20 minutes ago, Cash said:

Is Coleman physical enough to not get destroyed by playoff-style press coverage? And win on contested catches? If so, this was a great pick. 

Pretty much this.  

Will he make big plays to help us win playoff games. Will he be clutch?  Or will he get stuck on the line and drop passes?   Crucial pieces to the puzzle 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gobills1212 said:

I was told this was the pick this am and they were 2 for 2 w picks thus far so I believe it. But the other story was Leggett was their guy last night and they were shocked when CAR took him. I hoped it was BS bc everyone knows someone who knows something.  I spent all day hoping it was false, bc how do u LET someone jump you and THEN they take your guy?! When this was the pick I was worried it was true. When they said Cole Bishop I admit I had no idea who that was. When he was the 2nd pick... it made me sad that it means that story must be true. That said I was a big Leggett guy so maybe that's why it rubs me the wrong way. I'm a big in Beane I trust guy... but this means he got burned. How much it matter remains to be seen, but none the less...

If Legette was their guy they would have taken him. How can you be shocked when Legette himself literally said Carolina was going to take him. Then the GM had to state they tell that to a lot of people. The Bills knew 

• Agree 1

He's the big bodied physical high point guy with strong hands Josh has never had.  Trust Beane knows his play speed is better than his combine.  Go watch his tape he catches anything near his big zip code   We'll see but he was my preference last night after the move downs 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Huh.  I'm seeing a RAS of 8.19, with points off for speed.

Yeah, the RAS numbers change pretty frequently throughout the draft process as pro days and stuff roll in. Looks like he finished at 8.18 but I think he was in the 9's after the Combine.

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=25172&ovl=Florida+State

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

I was told this was the pick this am and they were 2 for 2 w picks thus far so I believe it. But the other story was Leggett was their guy last night and they were shocked when CAR took him. I hoped it was BS bc everyone knows someone who knows something.  I spent all day hoping it was false, bc how do u LET someone jump you and THEN they take your guy?! When this was the pick I was worried it was true. When they said Cole Bishop I admit I had no idea who that was. When he was the 2nd pick... it made me sad that it means that story must be true. That said I was a big Leggett guy so maybe that's why it rubs me the wrong way. I'm a big in Beane I trust guy... but this means he got burned. How much it matter remains to be seen, but none the less...

No way this is true.  Beane takes Legette at 32 if he wanted him badly. 

On top of that, by his own words last night he alluded to asking teams who they're taking when they're swapping within a pick or two.  Plus Dan Morgan is a close friend, they likely knew exactly what Car was planning.

Then to add on, there's been a TON of Legette to Car at 33 talk.  Legette himself said Car would take him at 33, if still there.

I'm glad your contact was accurate on the other info, but Beane isn't letting his target go to move back 1 pick

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, joey greco said:

that would be amazing.  a handful of jags you could get any year while leaving a generational player without an actual difference maker.  brilliant strategy, i love it.

a paradigm shaking strategy, draft based on game day meals, love it

Are you saying you know the exact makeup of a difference maker? If so please tell me the organization you scout for and examples of the players you've scouted and presented to the organization. 

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

No way this is true.  Beane takes Legette at 32 if he wanted him badly. 

On top of that, by his own words last night he alluded to asking teams who they're taking when they're swapping within a pick or two.  Plus Dan Morgan is a close friend, they likely knew exactly what Car was planning.

Then to add on, there's been a TON of Legette to Car at 33 talk.  Legette himself said Car would take him at 33, if still there.

I'm glad your contact was accurate on the other info, but Beane isn't letting his target go to move back 1 pick

Yeah, if Beane was actually surprised by Carolina taking Legette, that's some serious incompetence. Everyone knew.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

I was told this was the pick this am and they are 2 for 2 w picks thus far so I believe it. But the other story was Leggett was their guy last night and they were shocked when CAR took him.

I hoped it was BS bc everyone knows someone who knows something. I didn't want to believe he got greedy and lost his guy to make a 6th a 5th.  I spent all day hoping it was false, bc how do u LET someone jump you and THEN they take your guy?! When this was the pick I was worried it was true bc Coleman was who this person said wld be the pick.

Then, later when they said pk 2 was prob Cole Bishop I admit I had no idea who that was. When he was the 2nd pick... it made me sad that it means that story must be true. That said I was a big Leggett guy so maybe that's why it rubs me the wrong way. I'm a big in Beane I trust guy... but this means he got burned. How much it matters remains to be seen, but none the less...

This is the biggest sack of shite post I’ve ever seen.  Get lost, dude.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Because Josh is just getting younger and younger, right?

Well he isn't ancient and we are on a course of investing into him during his prime.

We all age so what are your suggestions that differ so drastically from what I presented?

This is not a WR. With his lack of speed, the Bills are going to convert Coleman into a zone corner, perhaps a good one for McDermott's defense.

It's way past time to admit that McDermott and Beane are lovers, and McDermott uses his starfish to mesmerize and control Beane.

Absolute stud of a football player. He’s huge and plenty fast for the NFL. He’s going to be an excellent target who catches everything. He also returned punts for FSU, guy has break away speed and runs like a gazelle. Was hoping to get Fiske but what can you do. 

Yeah I have to agree that if Legette was indeed "Their guy", they would've just picked him at 32, especially because if all of US knew that the Panthers wanted Legette, you can damn sure bet that Beane knew it, too.

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

Look at it this way guys. We did a trade with the Chiefs and sent them Worthy. In return, we got this guy and moved up in the 6th round. Does this make you happy?

We radically changed our board. And got the better WR.

Worthy will not be what you think he will. Keon looks like the next guy to catch 4 TDs against KC in the AFC Championship game.

And do it year after year.

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Pretty much this.  

Will he make big plays to help us win playoff games. Will he be clutch?  Or will he get stuck on the line and drop passes?   Crucial pieces to the puzzle 

If you aren't solely reliant on one rookie to bail your offense out of every dire situation then I think you better your chances of allowing him to prove himself in those type of scenarios.

We just traded a #1 who literally didn't do this for us so I'll allow the rook the opportunity to show what he could be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I dont watch college ball so I know nothing about any player.  Seems like most people hate this pick. I'm just gonna homer it and say he is a big bodied receiver that seems to have good hands.  This team needed good hands.  Hopefully it works out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 drops on 88 targets.

Not a draft guy at all, I don't do mocks or anything but I trust this front office. 

I trust Beane and Co and Josh carefully concluded on Coleman and he adds a dimension to Shakir,Kincaid, Samuel that was missing.. we'll see