Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

I'll type slow.

WE wanted him. He was highly rated on OUR board

We couldn't trade down because NE would have drafted him.

Okay?

Now up to bed with you.

Oh good we wanted the slow wr. 

Considering what I've read so far, he's an excellent run blocker, which could be just one reason they picked him, with the Brady offense not being seen yet, I'm thinking we're gonna be running the ball more, it'll show with how the rest of the draft goes.

8 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

None of you with rose colored glasses on don't know anything either. His best asset is he can catch. Big deal. He can't separate and lacks speed. 

You have no clue.  You’ve admitted you troll on here.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I like this statistic

So, between Coleman, Shakir and Samuel, their drop rates are very low. This should definitely add more efficiency to the passing game.

I also like this statistic.

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Top bolded-  I don’t believe that at all.  WR1 needs to be able to get off press. Coleman has major issues and that may never change

Bottom- and then there are people who know football, that think he’s a 3rd rd prospect and out of the top 10 WRs in the draft.  

More people had Coleman ranked ahead of Legette than the other way around.  Coleman's avg draft ranking was WR7, Legettes was WR14

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe Brady rocking the Drew Brees untuck shirt?

It is kind of an awkward moment when the team traded to make you a 2nd round pick instead of 1st rounder. But I mean drafted in the NFL is drafted in the NFL.

Just now, Búfalo Blanco said:

So, between Coleman, Shakir and Samuel, their drop rates are very low. This should definitely add more efficiency to the passing game.

All 3 are also great after the catch if they get into open space. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I am not the biggest fan, but I do love his measurables. He’s also got great hands. I remember this board during the Josh Allen pick. Maybe Beane knows something we don’t? 

I hope he has great hands because his college career 55% catch rate says otherwise. 

Just now, Búfalo Blanco said:

Still have Knox and Cook 

I'm not sure what this means but here it goes anyway 

His play speed outpaces his 40-yard dash timeColeman's 4.61 40-yard dash doesn't necessarily jump off the charts, but in the gauntlet drill at the NFL Combine, Coleman reached a top speed of 20.36 miles per hour – the fastest speed by a receiver over the last two seasons.

Just now, Success said:

So? 

Are you going for some kind of "gotcha?"  I view the draft the same every year.   I know next to nothing.  I look at a player, and if he has good attributes, I hope for the best.

I try not to be disparaging, but I think they guys who come on here and post "bust" or whatever right away are total clowns.  They read a few mocks, watch some youtube, and think they know as much as guys who breathe this stuff every day, all day, 365 days a year.

You think Beane & the scouts missed the fact that he doesn't get "separation?"  They obviously like some of his other skills much more.

Maybe. I just see more of what they already have.  I'm not saying he's a bust but I don't see this guy being more than a 2 at best. This team needed a Diggs replacement, that true number 1. Instead they have a bunch of 2 and 3s. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

It is kind of an awkward moment when the team traded to make you a 2nd round pick instead of 1st rounder. But I mean drafted in the NFL is drafted in the NFL.

Just letting him know he'll be getting a second contract instead of a 5th year option!