Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

7 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

Yeah I know right. All of these “stupid” people on here who wanted:

dk metcalf>cody ford

creed Humphrey >boogie basham 

brian orkapo >aaron maybin 

holoti ngata> Donte whitner 

And then my favorite the trade up for Sammy Watkins when some of us thought it was for  Khalil Mack from ub. 

Cute. Where is your thread on the people who wanted Josh Rosen over Josh Allen?  Why didn't you mention the board meltdown when we drafted Bernard?  How about all the guys who mocked the Milano pick?  How about the people who wanted to cut Spencer Brown last year?  Or the majority of the board who argued with me all last offseason that Shakir can't catch?  

There are about a 1000 busts or bad takes this board BEGGED for and threw tantrums we they didn't get their way.  So no offense, but your reply here is a joke.  There are no NFL level scouts or GM's on this board and they are wrong a LOT more than they are right around here.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

This really is inexplicable. They said they wanted explosive players with RAC and they took a guy who can’t get open and can’t run away from anyone.

For context, Chop Robinson (DE) is considerably faster.

He also ran the fastest gauntlet and only dropped 2 passes in 2023. 

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

There's a LOT that goes into Reception Perception. It's proven to be a pretty excellent (though not flawless) predictive model for WRs over the years. Arguably the best available.

Read more about it here if you care to. It's not some arbitrary thing.

https://receptionperception.com/introduction-to-reception-perception-and-its-new-home/

K I’m a scientist and need a figure legend or methods for sure.

40 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

Keon Coleman is a stud. This nonsense that he doesn't get "separation" is laughable. Y'all need to stop believing everything that talking heads feed you as fact. Coleman was the most sought after WR in the portal last year, absolutely dominated much of 2023 when he was healthy and is built like a Pro receiver should be. #BeanKnowsMoreThanYou #GoBills

I'm assuming from your screen name you're an FSU fan and watch their games.  I posted early in this thread - my brother's a (long time) FSU alum and watches all their games.  He said Coleman is the best FSU receiver he's ever seen at the school, and "if he stays healthy he'll be a force"

3 minutes ago, par73 said:

I really liked him during the college season, but was turned off by his speed at the draft-- until I saw him leading the pack in the gauntlet drill. I don't know how this will work at the next level, but I'm willing to give it a chance (No choice, anyway--lol).

I just watched his 40 and looked like he tripped a little on it. 

Just now, billybob71 said:

this thread is more entertaining than watching the draft, oh and Coleman was a wrastler in high school😁

It’s the equivalent of people watching at the local county fair. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If he has diabetes and doesn’t take it seriously, that would be disqualifying IMO.

I have (type 1) diabetes, am fat, and am currently sitting on my couch with a bad attitude. The Bills probably won’t draft me either.

• Haha (+1) 7

13 minutes ago, alg said:

I was on board with Ladd. Felt sick watching the Chargers celebrate at #34. Watched more Coleman of his highlights.

I started to see it. He will be a super-charged Gabe Davis.

He will catch all the TDs and close-calls Gabe dropped.

He will catch all of Cooks dropped TDs in the red zone.

He will get Josh's desperation passes running out the sideline in triple coverage.

And catch them.

I'm good. I encouraged my fellow Bills fans to back away from that ledge I was hanging over.

Like us, maybe Beane got sick of seeing Davis, Cook, and Diggs drop balls. Now Allen has what might be the best all-hands team in the NFL in Kincaid, Shakir, and Coleman. They might not be fast, but they all catch the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1