Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

39 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

And we got him at 33.

Folks on this board will not be happy with anything Beane does.  Coleman is a guy we don't have!  He's not a smurf...and I watch a lot of college football...he's faster on the field than his timed speed.  He will make the contested catches.  He has good release at the LOS.  

Absolutely. Excited to get a player. A lot of uncertainty about drafted receivers, but the list of guys who had lower draft day ratings and were awesome is pretty big, so we have to wait and see. Elite athlete and basketball skills.

You really hope that there is some DK Metcalf or Davante Adams in him, each of whom went lower in the second round, and neither of which was a clear cut first rounder. Can't wait to see how he plays and grows, but I'm optimistic on the athlete and the value.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bills Juggernaut said:

Josh doesn't throw contested balls. He throws to open guys. He gets away with it because he can get the ball there so fast with his cannon arm. His long balls are not great as he tends to overthrows because he’s afraid of getting the pic or so he's so excited that he puts too much into it.  This is the exact receiver he doesn’t need as he can't separate to be open and doesn’t have that second after burner gear to catch the overthrown long balls  I don’t understand this pic at all. 

You can’t throw contested catches to tiny WR’s that don’t have the skill set to grab contested passes. That wasn’t Diggs’ game either. Now he can.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

How does this thread go 34 pages without someone sending up the DC Tom bat signal?

Too many idiots, so we didn't want to burn you out? :beer: 

Edited by Heitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

@HappyDays seemed to really have a premonition with all his Coleman talk today.

Going back to my first view of him, I really liked him.  He was kind of an odd faller.  Seems like he would have been a mid 1st round pick if not for his 40 time.  All this talk of him being like Kelvin Benjamin is ridiculous.  Watch him return punts for the Seminoles.  Plus there's the gauntlet drill.  

Buffalo clearly coveted this guy and knew he'd fall a bit.  Perfect fit in the sense that we don't have anyone like him.

I really liked him during the college season, but was turned off by his speed at the draft-- until I saw him leading the pack in the gauntlet drill. I don't know how this will work at the next level, but I'm willing to give it a chance (No choice, anyway--lol).

Just now, vincec said:

This went through my mind as well- if this is the type of player they are looking for, then why didn’t the just keep Davis? Yes, Coleman is cheaper but he will also take a couple of years to develop.

Why will he take a couple years to develop?

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I am hoping he is great.  I just don’t see it.  He is pretty young, maybe he can learn to run routes well enough to be productive.

I don't need him to run routes effectively. I need him to be a better Gabe Davis. If he's able to fill that role with a higher catch rate, it'll be a good thing.

• Agree 1

If Worthy ends up being great & Coleman does not, Bills ownership should implement a "Never Trade with KC" policy.

Everyone saying last night that they trust Beane & our scouts to get their guy, more so than they trust the Chiefs' staff, we'll find out how smart our guys really are this year!

Edit: For what it's worth, I like the guy. I don't think he's another Kelvin Benjamin. I think he'll be pretty good, but I'm not sure he'll be a legit WR1 or anything.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I mean don’t have your own opinion, just copy Bean and Allen’s if you want. Scouts say he is a freak athlete.  Big deal, lots of guys are that are not good football players in the NFL. And his college numbers are subpar.   

I am tracking multiple NFL experts like C Simms who are pumping the pick. I was a bit lukewarm as well. But the Bills feel he fits what they want to do. My opinion is based on multiple factors. I hated the trade to KC philosophically because of the team. So I don’t agree with all BB does. But I’m excited this kid is young and has more upside than the underwear Olympics. You could be right and time will tell. 

Disappointing.  

Beane and McDermott are on borrowed time.  

*Going to ammend my comment.  Keon does boast the best hands in the draft.  

Maybe he can be our Anquan Boldin.  The 6'4" version.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

No.

I'll type slow.

WE wanted him. He was highly rated on OUR board

We couldn't trade down because NE would have drafted him.

Okay?

Now up to bed with you.

The same people saying that are arguing that giving worthy to the chiefs wasn’t a big deal. Pot meet kettle 

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm a tad nervous because I've been pumping up Coleman as a great pick, and now if he sucks I'm gonna look stupid. But man his size and competitiveness and hands just get me really excited. Allen is a gunslinger. He just got his guy he can launch the ball to downfield 1v1.

I'm optimistic. They'll utilize his size and he'll be a weapon. 

1 minute ago, vincec said:

This went through my mind as well- if this is the type of player they are looking for, then why didn’t the just keep Davis? Yes, Coleman is cheaper but he will also take a couple of years to develop.

even worse: gabe Davis was a bad fit in our offense.

1 minute ago, vincec said:

even worse: gabe Davis was a bad fit in our offense.