Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Is it the Chop Maybin comp? I've never watched Robinson play. He's obviously physically talented. But is he a guy who just sucks at football? What's the deal?

No.  Chop is quick and explosive.   I wouldn't mind him at all.  but id rather a trade down if thats the option.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The rule changes are killing defense...

I'm really hating that we are looking at D right now with the falling talent

And yet Baltimore was held to what 10 points at home by the Chiefs. Miami’s offense held to 10 points. Chiefs kicked fg after fg in the Super Bowl. 49ers scored like 20 points in the Super Bowl? 

their is still a place for elite defenses in today’s game. Some say it is because o-line play is at a low.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agreed! They knew they could get him. Surprised they didn't try to move down a spot or two and still get him

Agreed with everyone that this is the puzzling part, except...all six @Bs went in the top 12 so maybe WE and our draftnik sources were all wrong about QB value in 2024.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You know who made some money tonight?  Spencer Brown.  Right tackles are about to get PAID if this draft is predictive.

It's already started. Right tackle contracts are fast catching up to corner.... it basically goes QB, WR, DL, LT, CB, RT. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Is it the Chop Maybin comp? I've never watched Robinson play. He's obviously physically talented. But is he a guy who just sucks at football? What's the deal?

I honestly haven't watched him enough to form a real opinion on him personally, I would say he is better than maybin

Watched an interview with him and he seems like a great kid though

Also know McDermotts good friend Manny Diaz loves him 

• Vomit 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Delighted for Latu with everything he has been through. Has been my EDGE1 all the way through the process. That kid can rush the passer. 

He was the only DE I'd have wanted the Bills to draft in R1,  contingent on the medicals.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Chop has a great first step but doesn't register sacks you'd think he should. Not a Maybin as he can keep weight on. 

• Like (+1) 1