TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - Completed!

Virgil

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 11th pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select....... Byron Murphy II, Defensive Tackle, Texas. 

After Daniels was off the board at #3, there was no QB worth trading up for in our eyes. The defense, however, does need some work as well. We take whom we feel is the best DT in this draft. A guy who will slot in as a 5-Tech in base sets, and a 3-Tech when we go into our 4 man fronts. He gets after it on the interior, having had 6 sacks and generating 36 pressures this past season. He is also stout against the run. A true 3-down interior defender. Brian Flores rejoices. 

Side note: Been so busy at work today I missed my chance at trading up for Daniels, who was my guy. C'est last vie. 

@HappyDays and the Bears are on the clock.

You're the Vikings. Just be glad you made it to the podium.......in time. :beer:

• Haha (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Bears (Happy Days) are on the clock

With the 12th pick the Chicago Bears select Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA. Las Vegas @NewEra is on the clock.

It was down to Latu or Murphy for us at #9, so we are elated to come away with a 3rd and a 4th round pick, and still get one of our top choices.

Latu fits a clear need. Trading for Montez Sweat has turned out great but we have no one to write home about on the other side. The only concern with Latu is medicals but recent reports are that he has been cleared, so we are more than comfortable taking him here.

Latu has an extremely advanced repertoire of pass rush moves. He has a TJ Watt ceiling and is ready to start from day one. Our defense suddenly looks scary and we are ready to compete for the NFC North title.

• Like (+1) 7

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Raiders (NewEra) are on the clock

With the 13th pick, the Las Vegas Raiders select Michael Penix, QB, Washington.

draft the best QB available until you have your QB.  Minshew is a perfect bridge and could be valuable trade bait once QBs start going down. 

Would’ve liked to trade back a few and snag him but for the sake of everyone’s time, I’ll make the pick now.  

@qwksilver is on the clock

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 6

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Saints (qwksilver) are on the clock

With the 14th Pick in the 2024 Draft. The New Orleans Saints select, Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT Penn State.

We had the pick of the litter for OTs not named Alt. This is BPA meets biggest need. It is a deep OT class, but the slide back did not pan out. Speaking of not panning out, T Penning's days are now numbered. Edge and WR could have be in play had the draft not fallen the way it did here.

@BigdaddyinOrlando and the Colts are now on the clock

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

With the 14th Pick in the 2024 Draft. The New Orleans Saints select, Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT Penn State.

We had the pick of the litter for OTs not named Alt. This is BPA meets biggest need. It is a deep OT class, but the slide back did not pan out. Speaking of not panning out, T Penning's days are now numbered. Edge and WR could have be in play had the draft not fallen the way it did here.

@BigdaddyinOrlando and the Colts are now on the clock

That’s who I was going to take if we made our trade 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Colts (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock
7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

That’s who I was going to take if we made our trade 

Clearly this is a deep OT and WR class which is why I was looking to slide. You still have a bunch of OTs on the board.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

With the 12th pick the Chicago Bears select Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA. Las Vegas @NewEra is on the clock.

It was down to Latu or Murphy for us at #9, so we are elated to come away with a 3rd and a 4th round pick, and still get one of our top choices.

Latu fits a clear need. Trading for Montez Sweat has turned out great but we have no one to write home about on the other side. The only concern with Latu is medicals but recent reports are that he has been cleared, so we are more than comfortable taking him here.

Latu has an extremely advanced repertoire of pass rush moves. He has a TJ Watt ceiling and is ready to start from day one. Our defense suddenly looks scary and we are ready to compete for the NFC North title.

Chicago does well in round 1!! They'd be thrilled with these selections AND the added draft capital. 

Bonus: Latu at almost a full 4 years older, should be a good mentor to Edmunds.

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

With the 13th pick, the Las Vegas Raiders select Michael Penix, QB, Washington.

draft the best QB available until you have your QB.  Minshew is a perfect bridge and could be valuable trade bait once QBs start going down. 

Would’ve liked to trade back a few and snag him but for the sake of everyone’s time, I’ll make the pick now.  

@qwksilver is on the clock

Love this pick right here.  Get your guy. Finally, the Raiders have hope. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the 15th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Indianapolis Colts select Jared Verse edge Florida State. 
 Thought about receiver here but the depth at that position is good enough to get in round two and instead select a premier pass rusher. His non stop energy and play through the ball is something we sorely need and can’t pass on.

The Seattle Seahawks @EmotionallyUnstable are on the clock

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Seahawks (EmotionallyUnstable) are on the clock

With the 16th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select Taliese Fuaga, OT Oregon State. The Jaguars and  @LEBills are on the clock. 

From a purely value standpoint, I don’t love this here. We were hopeful Verse fell one more spot to us. Mike McDonald would have been thrilled to add a defensive piece that can play both end or OLB and be a versatile pass rusher. 

We did have offers to move back, but with a first year HC and needs in the trenches, we stood pat and bolstered the OL. Fuaga can come in and immediately contend at both guard and tackle. Again this feels a bit uninspiring here and a little early all things considered, however when you get a chance to take a big nasty hog who can play multiple spots on the OL for years to come we’ll go to bed happy Thursday night 

• Like (+1) 3

With the 17th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Wide Receiver AD Mitchell, WR, Texas.

The Jaguars get caught up in the AFC South arms race, hoping to make the Texans division title an aberration.

Back in March, Peterson stated “When you think of some of the young quarterbacks and teams are playing in more 11 personnel nowadays, and having three guys. It’s important that you have those guys. Our division, the AFC South, got better in a hurry just at the quarterback position. You look at some of the teams that we have to face in Tennessee and Indy, they all have pretty good receiver rooms. So, can never have enough.”

The surprise here is going with AD over BTJ or Worthy. Jacksonville wants a bigger bodied boundary receiver to go on the opposite side from Gabe Davis. With Gabe Davis’s….inconsistencies, the Jags want a more savvy route runner with consistent hands as a compliment. Mitchell is an excellent route runner for his frame and is able to be a threat in the deep and intermediate areas of the field. He also sports a low drop rate though playing with the human overthrow Quinn Ewers. BTJ, though talented, has had his fair share of drops (about 8% for his career) and route running is limited to vertical routes and stems off those verticals. AD is the more complete player right now for us.

The Jaguars have heard the recent concerns over type 1 diabetes and personality. However, we attribute that smoke to the time of the season. BTJ with his reported shoulder injury is not necessarily clean there either. 

Finally, on the Establish the run Podcast, Schefter was asked who he thought would go earlier than projected and the answer was….AD Mithchell.

The Bungles and @Kirby Jackson are now on the clock

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Bengals (Kirby Jackson) are on the clock

With the 18th pick the Cincinnati Bengals select JC Latham, OL, Alabama. LA Rams @MrEpsYtown is on the clock.

The Bengals targeted either an OL or Byron Murphy here. Once he was off the board, the Bengals shifted their focus to an elite offensive lineman. They are thrilled to get the guy that they have ranked as the draft’s top OL. He will start at OG as a rookie and transition to OT by year 2. He has all-pro upside at RT. We know the need to protect Joe Burrow and the value was too good to pass up.

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Rams (MrEpsYtown) are on the clock

***Trade Alert***

Bills Trade:

#28 - 660

#163 - 26.2

2025 2nd Rounder - 195 (Based off if the Vikings finish in the middle, as I've seen some presumptive mocks do for futures)

Rams offer:

#19 - 875

Bills 881 - Rams 875

The Buffalo Bills are on the clock - Poll coming in a moment

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
Posted (edited)

10 minutes after the trade and no one has crucified me yet, I'm impressed.  Even still, I want to explain the logic here.

For starters, let me just say that the Bills pick was never meant to be mine to make decisions with and I have never done anything like that in my history of running these.

With that being said, the purpose of these mocks (besides having fun), is to see how different scenarios might play out.  We've already had one mock where we stayed put, one where we trade back, so I thought it was fitting to see what a trade up looked like.  For the trade, we didn't give up more than our extra 4th and the 2nd we got from the Texans.  

Also, we've had tons of polls about trading up, and more than half the board was in favor of it.

Based on all those things, I made the call to trade up.  I believe it to be an accurate reflection of the pulse of the board and the spirit of these mocks.  If you have an issue, please submit a 26 page eMail to my customer service to gugny'sfineass@kickrocks.com

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The (TSW Poll) are on the clock
Posted (edited)

The Buffalo Bills select Brian Thomas, WR, LSU

***Trade Alert***

The Cardinals trade #27 and #71 to the Steelers for #20 and #119

The Cardinals @GunnerBill are on the clock

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Cardinals (GunnerBill) are on the clock

I am all for this move @Virgil. It seems like a small price to pay for getting a skill set we don’t have that could be a potential #1 with the floor as a downfield threat while maintaining our 2nd this year and our original picks next season. 

If BTJ doesn’t pan out, you can take another stab next season to find your true #1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

With the 20th pick in the 2024 TSW Mock Draft version 3.0, brought to you in association with @Virgil Sports and Media Enterprises, the Arizona Cardinals select:

Quinyon Mitchell, Cornerback, Toledo

I didn't necessarily plan to trade up here but watching the board as all those offensive tackles, quarterbacks, wide receivers and defensive linemen went it became very apparent to me that the value on the board was at corner - where it just so happens the Cardinals have a huge hole. They signed Sean Murphy-Bunting in free agency who is just about serviceable to play one side, but Starling Thomas V, a former UDFA out of UAB is the presumptive starter at the other spot. They need an upgrade. Mitchell is the top corner on my board and has the potential to develop into an elite corner in the NFL with his size, speed and competitiveness. Trading up 7 spots for him while swapping one of my three thirds for a fourth was a no-brainer. 

I think what is most interesting about this scenario is @Alphadawg7 did the Cardinals in v2.0, traded back at both picks and ended up with Odunze and Wiggins. I've stood pat at #4 and traded up and snagged Harrison and Mitchell. Both scenarios I think would make Arizona better immediately. Proof that there are multiple ways to play it and you have to let the way the board falls drive your decision making over and above getting fixated on players or positions. 

The aforementioned @Alphadawg7 and the Miami Dolphins are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Buffalo Bills select Brian Thomas, WR, LSU

***Trade Alert***

The Cardinals trade #27 and #71 to the Steelers for #20 and #119

The Cardinals @GunnerBill are on the clock

This guy compares him to Nico Collins.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Dolphins (Alphadawg7) are on the clock
2 hours ago, Virgil said:

10 minutes after the trade and no one has crucified me yet, I'm impressed.  Even still, I want to explain the logic here.

For starters, let me just say that the Bills pick was never meant to be mine to make decisions with and I have never done anything like that in my history of running these.

With that being said, the purpose of these mocks (besides having fun), is to see how different scenarios might play out.  We've already had one mock where we stayed put, one where we trade back, so I thought it was fitting to see what a trade up looked like.  For the trade, we didn't give up more than our extra 4th and the 2nd we got from the Texans.  

Also, we've had tons of polls about trading up, and more than half the board was in favor of it.

Based on all those things, I made the call to trade up.  I believe it to be an accurate reflection of the pulse of the board and the spirit of these mocks.  If you have an issue, please submit a 26 page eMail to my customer service to gugny'sfineass@kickrocks.com

If this was the trade that Beane made tomorrow I wouldn't be super excited. I'm not as big on Thomas as many here seem to be. But that's just personal opinion.

However, there is no argument that for a 4th and only one of the 2nds next year the value is there and would make a ton of sense. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 20th pick in the 2024 TSW Mock Draft version 3.0, brought to you in association with @Virgil Sports and Media Enterprises, the Arizona Cardinals select:

Quinyon Mitchell, Cornerback, Toledo

I didn't necessarily plan to trade up here but watching the board as all those offensive tackles, quarterbacks, wide receivers and defensive linemen went it became very apparent to me that the value on the board was at corner - where it just so happens the Cardinals have a huge hole. They signed Sean Murphy-Bunting in free agency who is just about serviceable to play one side, but Starling Thomas V, a former UDFA out of UAB is the presumptive starter at the other spot. They need an upgrade. Mitchell is the top corner on my board and has the potential to develop into an elite corner in the NFL with his size, speed and competitiveness. Trading up 7 spots for him while swapping one of my three thirds for a fourth was a no-brainer. 

I think what is most interesting about this scenario is @Alphadawg7 did the Cardinals in v2.0, traded back at both picks and ended up with Odunze and Wiggins. I've stood pat at #4 and traded up and snagged Harrison and Mitchell. Both scenarios I think would make Arizona better immediately. Proof that there are multiple ways to play it and you have to let the way the board falls drive your decision making over and above getting fixated on players or positions. 

The aforementioned @Alphadawg7 and the Miami Dolphins are now on the clock.

Yeah both scenarios would be a great draft for Arizona...my only issue is with it is that I don't think Mitchell gets to the 20th pick.  

But the net of both our moves were a little more different:  In yours you got MHJ and Mitchell and have 2 thirds left and 1 fourth.  In mine, I got Odunze and Wiggins and have 5 thirds (4 of them early thirds) and two early 4th round picks.  And if that trade really happened between AZ and Giants, AZ likely gets more than what I took in that mock because of the bidding war will drive the price up for a QB.  

So I would still prefer to the trade backs if I am AZ, but either way, if the draft went the way it did for you, it would still be stellar and something they would be excited about.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah both scenarios would be a great draft for Arizona...my only issue is with it is that I don't think Mitchell gets to the 20th pick.  

But the net of both our moves were a little more different:  In yours you got MHJ and Mitchell and have 2 thirds left and 1 fourth.  In mine, I got Odunze and Wiggins and have 5 thirds (4 of them early thirds) and two early 4th round picks.  And if that trade really happened between AZ and Giants, AZ likely gets more than what I took in that mock because of the bidding war will drive the price up for a QB.  

So I would still prefer to the trade backs if I am AZ, but either way, if the draft went the way it did for you, it would still be stellar and something they would be excited about.  

They are in a no lose position because they trade back or they get Marvin Harrison (or possibly Nabers as some think they prefer him). If I were them I wouldn't do the Giants trade down. I'm only interested in getting a major haul to give up Harrison. But they may well decide otherwise. 

I also don't think Mitchell gets to #20 either. But half a chance Arnold might and I'd have been interested in him there too. Was more just an example of how you have to play the draft as it goes not as you think it will go. Because there are always surprises.

• Agree 1

With the 21st pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select:  Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

Look, we are the fastest team in the NFL, but we also know our QB Tua is kind of a little soft princess where if he can't get to his early reads he turns back into a pumpkin.  All this speed means nothing if we can't get our soft as Charmin 1 read QB some time to throw the ball because if we have to rely on his improvisation skills one more season then all of us on the coaching staff and FO are gonna be trying to start OnlyFan foot fetish accounts next year to pay the bills.  Our DL is full of guys who may not start in the XFL, let alone start in the NFL, but all the guys we would consider here were off the board.  So the choice was easy to go get a mammoth of a man to protect our Oompa Lumpa of a QB so he has a chance to not suck and blow 4 game divisional leads late in the season and actually beat teams with a .500 or better record. 

@stinky fingerand the Philadelphia Piss Drunk Eagles are on the clock.  Here is comedian Artie Lange telling one of the funniest and best Eagles fan stories of all time for context:

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Eagles (stinky finger) are on the clock
13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They are in a no lose position because they trade back or they get Marvin Harrison (or possibly Nabers as some think they prefer him). If I were them I wouldn't do the Giants trade down. I'm only interested in getting a major haul to give up Harrison. But they may well decide otherwise. 

I also don't think Mitchell gets to #20 either. But half a chance Arnold might and I'd have been interested in him there too. Was more just an example of how you have to play the draft as it goes not as you think it will go. Because there are always surprises.

Yeah, totally agree. Honestly what AZ does at 4 starts to get impacted even with what Commanders do at 2 and then again with what NE does at 3.  Its 100% gonna come down how the draft falls at the top in how AZ handles their pick and how aggressive other teams are to get to their pick based on what QB gets there.  

Gonna be a fun draft, and I also agree on Arnold.  All in all, AZ IMHO is setup maybe the best of any team in this draft this year between where they pick and how many picks they have coming in that are in first 3 rounds.  

With the 22nd pick in the draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama

It was difficult maintaining patience. CB was a clear need and the best 2 were dropping. @GunnerBill had the wherewithal and foresight to jump up and grab the top CB prize in our eyes. 

that said…..

I pulled a hammy running to podium to make this selection. Did you see the secondary play last year? Yeah, nuff said. Arnold’s change of direction, speed and athleticism make him a no-brainer, plug and play addition. We look forward to Terrion blanketing the oppositions top wideouts for years to come. 

@H2o and The Minnesota Vikings are now on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

With the 23rd pick, in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select........ Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon.

We like the value here after having picked up Byron Murphy II @ #11. Bo Nix has played a TON of college football, and has grown exponentially since arriving in Eugene. We also like having that 5th year option. He has 61 starts under his belt and 43 wins, with 22 of those wins coming over the last two seasons. In college he's thrown for 15,352 yards, 113 TD's, and 26 INT's. He's accounted for the 4th most TD's in NCAA history at 152. He got better every year in completion % and YPA. The last two seasons in Oregon have been outstanding. This past season where he was a Heisman finalist, he had 45 TD passes to 3, THREE, interceptions. This was to go along with a 77.2% completion rate. He has a strong arm, can make every throw on a football field, is smart, can look off the defense, knows when to take his check downs, goes through progressions, can buy himself time in the pocket, make off platform or on the run throws, is accurate to all levels of the field giving his guys the opportunity to get YAC, and is a threat to take off and run. The Lance Zierlien comp to Tony Romo is fairly accurate when you watch the two of them play, minus the mistakes with the football. Nix has matured as a QB and doesn't make those mistakes like he did at Auburn. I also see a bit of young Derek Carr in him. Both of the two, Romo and Carr, not bad QB's by any means. If you put him in an offense with Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison, and TJ Hockenson? Yep, we think he will start from day one and surprise many while running our offense.

@Might Rather and the Dallas Cowboys are on the clock. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Cowboys (Might Rather) are on the clock

With the 24th pick the Dallas Cowboys select Jackson Powers-Johnson, Center, Oregon. 

We are happy to have our guy still on the board. Powers-Johnson is a fierce competitor with a salty disposition. He doesn’t seem to have many issues in pass protection, as he works with clear eyes, a wide base. 

The Green Bay Packers @Virgil are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Bucs (RyanC883) are on the clock

With the 25th pick, the Green Bay Packers select Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa.  

Green Bay has needs at DB and S, so we get the guy who can do both.

DeJean is a playmaker with the instincts, speed and natural hands to make plays in coverage and in the return game. He returned three of his five interceptions for touchdowns in 2022 and took back a punt for a touchdown in 2023. He has the length and burst to smother receivers underneath and recover when he gets caught out of position. DeJean is scheme- and position-versatile; he lined up outside, over the slot and at strong safety at Iowa.

The Bucs @RyanC883 are on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

Posted (edited)

***Trade***

Washington trades #40 (500 pts) and next years 2nd (200ish pts) for Tampa's #26 (700 points)

Washington trades #36 (540 pts) and 2025 2nd rounder (200) to the Steelers for #27 (680) and #119 (56)

@mrags is on the clock for two consecutive picks

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Commanders (mrags) are on the clock

*** trade alert ***

the Washington Commanders have traded up again. Moving into the next 2 spots with their ammo from Denver earlier in the draft process. 

they have traded for pick 40, and next years 2nd rounder (Washington) for pick 26. 

with the 26th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Commanders select: Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas

And

they have traded pick 36 (540 pts) and next years 2nd (den) (200 pts)

For

27 (680 pts)

119 (56 pts)

and with the 27th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Washington Commanders select: Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

with these 2 picks, the Commanders have ensured WRs to pair with Terry McClauren for the foreseeable future, while ensuring 5th year options on both. Giving JJ McCarthy teammates to grow with. 

for this draft we have taken 

JJ McCarthy

Xavier Worthy

Ladd McConkey

and still have the following picks

to bolster our offensive and defensive lines in a very deep, but not top heavy draft for the Trenches. All while keeping our extra 1st rounder next year from Denver. 

the LA Rams @MrEpsYtown are now on the clock 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

*** trade alert ***

the Washington Commanders have traded up again. Moving into the next 2 spots with their ammo from Denver earlier in the draft process. 

they have traded for pick 40, and next years 2nd rounder (Washington) for pick 26. 

with the 26th pick in the 2024 NFL draft the Commanders select: Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas

And

they have traded pick 36 (540 pts) and next years 2nd (den) (200 pts)

For

27 (680 pts)

119 (56 pts)

and with the 27th pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Washington Commanders select: Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

with these 2 picks, the Commanders have ensured WRs to pair with Terry McClauren for the foreseeable future, while ensuring 5th year options on both. Giving JJ McCarthy teammates to grow with. 

for this draft we have taken 

JJ McCarthy

Xavier Worthy

Ladd McConkey

and still have the following picks

to bolster our offensive and defensive lines in a very deep, but not top heavy draft for the Trenches. All while keeping our extra 1st rounder next year from Denver. 

the LA Rams @MrEpsYtown are now on the clock 

Virgil's post reads like you traded away pick #40?

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Virgil's post reads like you traded away pick #40?

Yeah, I think he had a typo.  The main page is updated for the picks and trades

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Rams (MrEpsYtown) are on the clock

After The Bills jumped over us to take Thomas we knew what we wanted to do - trade back and get more picks.  We have a plan for now but also want to add capital for next years draft as we look to most likely be in on QB 

Steelers in this draft essentially

Traded

Received

Broncos 2025 2nd Rounder 

We now have picks

Denver’s 2025 2nd Round pick

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

After The Bills jumped over us to take Thomas we knew what we wanted to do - trade back and get more picks.  We have a plan for now but also want to add capital for next years draft as we look to most likely be in on QB 

I didn't know you were targeting Thomas when I offered the trade but it did cross my mind that you might have been. It was obvious he was going to win the Bills poll. If Thomas had been there you'd have taken him, right?

After trading down with the Bills, with the 28th pick in the TSW Mock draft 3.0, the LA Rams select Chop Robinson, Edge, Penn State

The Rams need defensive help in the secondary, and they could use depth at the OL spot. There is a ton of OL guys left on the board, but I feel good about what might be there in round two. I seriously considered Xavier Worthy because he adds a different element to the offense that would make them almost unstoppable with Kupp and Nacua. Plus Les Sneadś kid was Worthyś teammate at Texas. But their biggest need is in the front line and the Rams need to get to the QB. Pass rush dried up really quick, so I considered Chop at 19 as well as Johnny Newton. Being the first time the Rams have selected in the first round in a long time I am taking the gamble and taking the boom or bust Chop. He has some elite first-step quickness and though he is raw, he could produce right away opposite Byron Young and next to Kobie Turner. At this point in the draft, I think it is really good value and the Rams have spent a lot of time with Chop. He is not my favorite prospect (undersized one-year wonder upside plays from PSU ain´t my jazz, but I do think this is something the Rams are likely to do). 

He gets dinged a bit for his size and length, but he is very athletic and fast and I think he is a good fit in the Rams style of defense. 

@frostbitmic and Detroit are now on the clock. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't know you were targeting Thomas when I offered the trade but it did cross my mind that you might have been. It was obvious he was going to win the Bills poll. If Thomas had been there you'd have taken him, right?

Yep.  

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Lions (frostbitmic) are on the clock
4 hours ago, Might Rather said:

With the 24th pick the Dallas Cowboys select Jackson Powers-Johnson, Center, Oregon. 

We are happy to have our guy still on the board. Powers-Johnson is a fierce competitor with a salty disposition. He doesn’t seem to have many issues in pass protection, as he works with clear eyes, a wide base. 

The Green Bay Packers @Virgil are on the clock. 

If Arnold wasn't available for the Iggles at 22, JPJ was under serious consideration. 

• Like (+1) 1