Chad Reuter 7 round mock

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is maybe the worst and least informed mock draft I can remember to have ever read in any year.  I feel like this guy stole time from my life I can't get back.

There apparently is a lot of buzz on Kneeland being a borderline late 1st early 2nd player among league guys.  I don’t see it - wouldn’t even use pick 60 on him.  It’s pure projection of his size and athleticism, apparently, because he didn’t exactly dominate the MAC.

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

How Does KC Defense keep stopping elite offenses in the playoffs.

How do you think they keep winning their division and the championships they have.  They play great on the line of scrimmage and get stops on defense.  

It helps to play Denver, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles 6x/year with an elite QB when Justin Herbert is the best of the other 3. 

They also get to play Buffalo at some point in the playoffs and have their number.  Ironically, their 2 seasons in the past 5 they didn't win the SB was against a top-end offense in Tampa Bay and against a Bengals team in the AFC CG that featured a healthy Joe Burrow, JaMarr Chase, Tee Higgins, and Tyler Boyd.   

You keep your head above water on defense and feature an elite offense against KC.  Hard to win otherwise in the playoffs when all the marbles are there for the taking.  They're coached well and resourced better.  

• Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I thought the Bills would consider him which started a string of hate which picked up well in this thread. It's not uncommon for him to be mocked in the late first at this point. As I said in my other post he has physical traits in his arm length and wingspan that we clearly covet given our selection of AJ and Groot.  It just wouldn't shock me if they feel he has a first round grade.  Hoping we don't see this as well and I'm a WMU grad. 

I think you are over thinking AJE to be honest.  DE was a major need and he was the top DE in a weak draft to find edge help.  So weak, the top guy fell to us in the 2nd and he was the clear BPA and a pretty obvious choice for the Bills, so I think the arm connection here with Groot is more coincidence than a trait they covet to the point they would reach for a day 3 prospect at pick 28.  

And no disrespect, but I have to disagree about it being "not uncommon" to be mocked in the first.  I have a hard time believing there are a lot of other mocks out there where he goes in the first given he is more often seen as a day 3 pick with potential to maybe go day 2.  Edge does fall off early, so I can see him maybe getting into the 2nd round for teams in dire need of help there.  But if I was to guess today, I think he more likely goes in the 3rd.

I admit, anything is possible, so won't say never...but I would honestly be stunned to see him go in the first as he would be a massive reach and no where near BPA at any pick in the first IMHO.  

12 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

There apparently is a lot of buzz on Kneeland being a borderline late 1st early 2nd player among league guys.  I don’t see it - wouldn’t even use pick 60 on him.  It’s pure projection of his size and athleticism, apparently, because he didn’t exactly dominate the MAC.

I can see the 2nd, edge drops off early, so a team desperate for help might reach.  But at 28 and in this Mock, there are higher graded Edge guys still available before he has Kneeland go.  

But my comment on how bad this mock draft is was directed at the overall draft.  I just felt like its a crazy mock top to bottom and I think its one of the worse ones I have seen overall.  

15 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Reminds me too much of the McCargo pick back in 2006. The guy was viewed as a 3rd/4th rounder -- but leading up to the draft, suddenly his stock shot up. Of course, I have a great deal more faith in this current front office than I did in the one that oversaw that draft.

2 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

It’s not that the players he mocked to the Bills are bad. It’s about them being drafted way before their value. So the Bills would pass on Mitchell, Legette, and Franklin over Kneeland? Yikes. And it continued with other picks. Brutal value. 

Agreed. Reuter actually does a decent job having them address needs -- but his sequencing of when these players are selected is odd.

Would the Bills really draft Wilson ahead of several other WRs that wind up being drafted in the 3rd round of this mock? I will say that if Reuter happened to have any inside knowledge (which I doubt he does), I would be highly annoyed if the draft went the way he has it going for the Bills without some serious TRADING DOWN happening.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I have no issue with them drafting an edge if all the WR with a first round grade are gone, but Kneeland wasn't even first team in the MAC.  No freaking way.

If they don't get a star WR in the first round, then I would prefer they go volume in the second and take two WRs.  

I have a hard time coming to terms with the on-paper downgrade at WR from last year that we would have with 2 second tier rookies penciled in for large roles.  It would signify to me a rebuild/reset year.  Generally the draft had been considered replenishment for the future - not filling immediate needs.

The idea of a second tier WR being the Diggs replacement isn't right.  Either a big 3 as Diggs replacement with a FA WR (OBJ/M Thomas) or a trade for a vet WR.  I think J Jeff/Aiyuk/Higgins are too expensive ($ + draft capital) but there are others - D Metcalf/C Godwin/DHop/DJ Moore.

9 minutes ago, noacls said:

You think they don't need LBs? Did you watch KC playoff game?

Injuries were an overwhelming factor at LB by that point in the season.  Maybe they add one late in the draft to compete for the last spot on the roster,   but no,  they don't have a significant need for a LB unless they have concerns about Milano's return this year. 

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Even Erik Flowers had good sack totals in his final year in college.  Kneeland...best season was 4.5 sacks twice...and one of the worst 10 yard split times at the combine.  He's getting some late 2nd projections,  but seems like an early day 3 guy to me. 

If that's the pick,  I think I'm just going to give up. 

Umm... he has a better 10 yd split than Oliver and Donald

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Apples to oranges.  He's a DE.  Those guys are DTs.  

No, he is being talked about like Robinson from Missouri . Early downs at edge and pass rush situations. Also Donald was moved all over the line so not Apples and oranges.   I don't  want Kneeland either but he is an exceptional athlete.  Does that mean he can play, who knows?

3 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I thought the Bills would consider him which started a string of hate which picked up well in this thread. It's not uncommon for him to be mocked in the late first at this point. As I said in my other post he has physical traits in his arm length and wingspan that we clearly covet given our selection of AJ and Groot.  It just wouldn't shock me if they feel he has a first round grade.  Hoping we don't see this as well and I'm a WMU grad. 

I was  dismissive of your opinion .. but he is certainly a late riser… 

I still haven’t convinced myself he will be a first round pick yet …. but i could see him now going early 2nd….

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I hate it. I have a 5th round grade on Kneeland. He sucks. 

If the Bills take him it would tell people all you need to know about Miller … You wrote him off before the end of the last season right …? 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I think Von is done. 

So what’s the plan then to replace him ? 

Find a scrub that’s left  in FA ? Or just hope he comes good?

The Bills had Kneeland in for a  visit … and I don’t think he was there to provide some intel on the other Western Michigan prospects … he has got to be in play with their second …..looks like he is not going to last that long … but they  are still going to have a hole to fill if you are right ..

In Beane takes him at 28..he has officially jumped the shark 

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think you are over thinking AJE to be honest.  DE was a major need and he was the top DE in a weak draft to find edge help.  So weak, the top guy fell to us in the 2nd and he was the clear BPA and a pretty obvious choice for the Bills, so I think the arm connection here with Groot is more coincidence than a trait they covet to the point they would reach for a day 3 prospect at pick 28.  

And no disrespect, but I have to disagree about it being "not uncommon" to be mocked in the first.  I have a hard time believing there are a lot of other mocks out there where he goes in the first given he is more often seen as a day 3 pick with potential to maybe go day 2.  Edge does fall off early, so I can see him maybe getting into the 2nd round for teams in dire need of help there.  But if I was to guess today, I think he more likely goes in the 3rd.

I admit, anything is possible, so won't say never...but I would honestly be stunned to see him go in the first as he would be a massive reach and no where near BPA at any pick in the first IMHO.  

I can see the 2nd, edge drops off early, so a team desperate for help might reach.  But at 28 and in this Mock, there are higher graded Edge guys still available before he has Kneeland go.  

But my comment on how bad this mock draft is was directed at the overall draft.  I just felt like its a crazy mock top to bottom and I think its one of the worse ones I have seen overall.  

I posted the other notable mocks in the last thread. They're growing considerably the last few weeks.  I don't think I'm overthinking both AJE and Groot. They were both top 3 in arm length and wing span for the draft classes they belong to. Unless you think those weren't qualities we pursue and that was just random?  

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I posted the other notable mocks in the last thread. They're growing considerably the last few weeks.  I don't think I'm overthinking both AJE and Groot. They were both top 3 in arm length and wing span for the draft classes they belong to. Unless you think those weren't qualities we pursue and that was just random?  

AJE didn’t go in the first though… he went at the end of the second …

Groot had better production against better opposition…

AJE was actually a first round guy that fell so the opposite as to what we are seeing with Kneeland … 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I have a hard time coming to terms with the on-paper downgrade at WR from last year that we would have with 2 second tier rookies penciled in for large roles.  It would signify to me a rebuild/reset year.  Generally the draft had been considered replenishment for the future - not filling immediate needs.

The idea of a second tier WR being the Diggs replacement isn't right.  Either a big 3 as Diggs replacement with a FA WR (OBJ/M Thomas) or a trade for a vet WR.  I think J Jeff/Aiyuk/Higgins are too expensive ($ + draft capital) but there are others - D Metcalf/C Godwin/DHop/DJ Moore.

3 of the top 6 rookie pass catchers from 2023 were taken after the first round. One of the six was a TE. So only 2 of top six were first round and both were taken after pick 20.  Diggs as you know was a 4th round pick.

After the top 3 guys in this draft, the next ten probably have a good a chance as any to succeed.

11 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I think it was coincidence like I said.  AJE was BPA at a clear position of need, I don’t think they targeted him on just his arms, everyone knew he was our pick when we were on the clock there.  

51 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Jeremiah has Kneeland as his 45th best player. I don't profess to know anything. Why do you think he sucks?

I don't see any pass rush ability at all. I have no idea how he rushes the passer at the next level. He isn't a bull rusher. He doesn't have elite get off. He doesn't have elite bend. He doesn't have great hand usage. If he hits I'll hold my hands up but he is like a worse version of Boogie Basham (who DJ had #54 in 2021) IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is the worst Bills mock I have seen. Absolutely horrendous on all levels. 

Mustapha at 144 and Van Pran at 163 would be nice picks …

I can see the Bills picking Ulofoshio in the 6th … not the fourth … maybe swap him for Van Pran 

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think it was coincidence like I said.  AJE was BPA at a clear position of need, I don’t think they targeted him on just his arms, everyone knew he was our pick when we were on the clock there.  

I never said the Bills drafted Groot and AJ on "Just arms". That notion is ridiculous. Arm lengths is one of the more coveted traits in pass rushers. Some teams trust analytics in this regard more than others. They clearly liked Groot and AJ. They both also happened to be two of the longest edge players in the drafts they were chosen. Kneeland also happens to have the same stand out length Groot and AJ had and he visited with the Bills. I don't even know what we are debating here. The hypothetical possibility of the Bills making this selection when neither of us has a clue? It's not like he's my horse in the race. If you don't think a chance exists the Bills pick him..... ok? I hope you're right. 

Edited by Mikie2times

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think this is a mini-rebuild - of course they will not say that publicly.

I want a Wr in the first or early 2nd too, but to be fair, Diggs wasn’t even considered a 2nd or 3rd tier WR in his draft.  Again, not advocating to wait and certainly not to wait for WR because of Marshawn Kneeland.

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

3 of the top 6 rookie pass catchers from 2023 were taken after the first round. One of the six was a TE. So only 2 of top six were first round and both were taken after pick 20.  Diggs as you know was a 4th round pick.

After the top 3 guys in this draft, the next ten probably have a good a chance as any to succeed.

Only 1 rookie was in the top 30 WRs in yards last year.  Thinking we can get a Diggs replacement for 2024 with a rookie is extremely wishful thinking.  The second tier WRs, IMO, are fine as part of the fill-in with Samuel to replace G Davis, but not Diggs.

I just still can't believe Beane is going to do a rebuild/reset, smack in the middle of Josh's prime.  I think all of Beane's talk about we're fine at WR is an attempt to keep expectations low.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Only 1 rookie was in the top 30 WRs in yards last year.  Thinking we can get a Diggs replacement for 2024 with a rookie is extremely wishful thinking.  The second tier WRs, IMO, are fine as part of the fill-in with Samuel to replace G Davis, but not Diggs.

I just still can't believe Beane is going to do a rebuild/reset, smack in the middle of Josh's prime.  I think all of Beane's talk about we're fine at WR is an attempt to keep expectations low.

Oh I see what you mean now. 

Agree. No WR even the top 3 guys would match what Diggs produced.

My thought is you get a guy or two and hope the offense is more diverse with Kincaid, Cook, Knox, and Samuel getting lots of opportunities.  

Are you advocating trading draft pick for a veteran? 

FYI I don't believe anything Beane says. The only truthful statement he made was the Bills are worse without Diggs. There is no way he believes the WR group is ok.

Honestly if he drafted 3 WR it would be less shocking than if he takes an edge in round 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think this is a mini-rebuild - of course they will not say that publicly.

I want a Wr in the first or early 2nd too, but to be fair, Diggs wasn’t even considered a 2nd or 3rd tier WR in his draft.  Again, not advocating to wait and certainly not to wait for WR because of Marshawn Kneeland.

Diggs was a top tier WR when the Bills got him.  Now they need a big time talent to replace him.  For 2024 that is not a second tier WR.

I want a Diggs type replacement and a WR in the first or early second to replace G Davis.  A mini-rebuild in Josh's prime is unacceptable to me.

The idea that the Bills WR room is 2 second tier rookies/Samuel/and Shakir is frightening to me.  It would be by far Beane's worst year.  I don't think this will be the case and all of Beane's talk to the contrary is just setting expectations low.  He must (I hope) be working all the angles frantically.

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It is a long developed history going back to Carolina though that they like long arms. Again Beane's drafting preferences are very Carolina. 34 inch plus arms are definitely a preferred trait for their edge guys. 

Not saying they just pick guys on arm length but it IS a singificant factor in the edge guys they like IMO. 

I really hope they don't draft Kneeland. I didn't like the Basham pick and I'd like this even less. But I do think they likely think he is an option at #60.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

In a sea of crappy mock drafts, this guy manages to stand out.  That was a steaming pile of hot garbage.

Yeah, that's my opinion too.  Marshawn Kneeland is a big time reach in round one.  Roman Wilson is a good receiver and a reasonable value in round 2, but a near clone of Shakir and Samuel.  The Bills are left with hoping Shorter, Hollins or Shavers can be a big time athletic receiver with size on the outside.  The later rounds are OK I guess, except that Cody Schrader still doesn't get them a big change of pace running back who can give them tough yards in a short yardage situation.  It's the first two rounds that make this mock a disaster for Buffalo.

Edited by BigAl2526

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

So what’s the plan then to replace him ? 

Find a scrub that’s left  in FA ? Or just hope he comes good?

The Bills had Kneeland in for a  visit … and I don’t think he was there to provide some intel on the other Western Michigan prospects … he has got to be in play with their second …..looks like he is not going to last that long … but they  are still going to have a hole to fill if you are right ..

In Beane takes him at 28..he has officially jumped the shark 

I don't think they have a shot to get a starting edge this year in the draft unless one of the top 3 and maybe Chop falls in round 1. My three round 2 grades are all 3-4 OLBs. 

I wouldn't force it. If I have to live with a timeshare of a washed Von and AJE for a year then so be it. You can't make someone the answer just by overdrafting them.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think they have a shot to get a starting edge this year in the draft unless one of the top 3 and maybe Chop falls in round 1. My three round 2 grades are all 3-4 OLBs. 

I wouldn't force it. If I have to live with a timeshare of a washed Von and AJE for a year then so be it. You can't make someone the answer just by overdrafting them.

Agree. Much rather draft edge in round 2.

My distaste for AJE is well documented.  I think the corpse of Von will rise and have 9 sacks this year. AJE will have 3 in the first 6 weeks and then disappear again.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree completely.  They need reinforcements in a lot of areas for this year and next, find the best players they can at each pick with obvious preference for need, but with needs at WR, DE, CB, DT (Oliver backup and to replace Daquan Jones in 25) and S.  

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Im actually not that keen on Chop at 28 to be honest …

If Von is really washed as you say .. then Edge is by far the biggest need on the team, way bigger than WR …  .. to say they are even  threadbare would be an overstatement… they haven’t replaced Floyd yet 

That they have done nothing aside from paying Toohill  the vet minimum makes  me think they have been eyeballing Miller over the offseason and are ok with him… on the other hand … if they take Kneeland at 28…then that’s out the window 

Edited by Aussie Joe