Diggs traded to Texans for picks

The most amazing part of this trade is Diggs and his arrogance .Allowing the Texans to only commit to one year of his remaining deal. Essentially demanding a trade and giving up at least $20m. Even if he has a good year, at 31-32 he’s not getting another deal at 20$M+… he must hate the Bills, and they must hate him! 
And side note the Texans think they are SB contenders this year. Maybe they are, but good luck with 3 receivers wanting the ball from a 2nd year qb. 

• Dislike 1

23 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

An observation - remember how this board reacted when we said bye to Morse and White. With a tinge of sadness and many wishes for a bright future.

And look how we feel when we saw Diggs bu** go out the door. Eager to put our boot on it. 

Cant but contrast how they were as team mates and as individuals. We will always think fondly of players like Morse, White....

Agreed

I have no animosity toward him whatsoever, he really had a great run in Buffalo

Instantly changed the game for Offense and Josh for the better.

Was a fierce competitor for sure.

Some plays i would laugh out loud as to how he juked before he got the ball. Elite skills.

Last year was the anomaly.

Best wishes to ya Stephon Diggs .

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I just threw my ash tray and it broke the coffee pot :w00t:

We told you about that last time you threw the coffee pot at the ashtray.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

The most amazing part of this trade is Diggs and his arrogance .Allowing the Texans to only commit to one year of his remaining deal. Essentially demanding a trade and giving up at least $20m. Even if he has a good year, at 31-32 he’s not getting another deal at 20$M+… he must hate the Bills, and they must hate him! 
And side note the Texans think they are SB contenders this year. Maybe they are, but good luck with 3 receivers wanting the ball from a 2nd year qb. 

Diggs wants to play with his brother in Dallas. That's why he agreed to void those years.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

after reading Dianna Russini say today that Diggs has been in contact with CJ Stroud and the texans players for over a month I wish Josh Allen would have publicly ripped diggs on the sideline after his absurd drop of a perfect pass in the most important moment of the year.

He was always too nice with the guy publicly and I know that is his demeanor and its admirable but I think he is going to love never being in this type of position again with an ego maniac like diggs.

that crap with diggs and his overrated brother last year made me mental.  I really truly hope someone in the locker room said something but I bet since Diggs had the whole situation manipulated to where he can say whatever and no one can ever question him I bet no one did.

McDermott needed to grow a pair over a year ago and nip this Diggs tantrum completely. Coaches like Belichick or Parcells wouldn't tolerate this crap. At least they did the right thing yesterday by trading him now and at least getting a 2nd. They be no cap impact next year. And if Houston thinks his diva personality won't rise up a 3rd time, they're dreaming. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

the only really frustrating part is we weren’t as aggressive early in joshs rookie contract. 

you can get 3 or so extra stars when you are saving 50-60m at qb

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Essentially a 1 year rental for Hou

interesting twist. 

so you have to think they are hoping a monster year means both a Super Bowl birth and getting a 3rd round comp back for the 2 they traded 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McDermott needed to grow a pair over a year ago and nip this Diggs tantrum completely. Coaches like Belichick or Parcells wouldn't tolerate this crap. At least they did the right thing yesterday by trading him now and at least getting a 2nd. They be no cap impact next year. And if Houston thinks his diva personality won't rise up a 3rd time, they're dreaming. 

Parcells wouldn't even address T.O. by his name in 06 after Jerry Jones signed him.  The very first thing Owens did after signing was tell the media he is not available for Mini camp or offseason work in may because of prior commitments.  

Parcells must have been ready to quit on the spot but he stuck it out until the end of the year.  Owens nearly got into a fight  with assistant coaches and he overdosed on pain medication accidentally early in the year after getting injured in a game and Parcells would still not call him by his name!

if the owners or head coaches let them get away with it these guys always keep going to see how far they can take it.  I am so glad this is over in buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

I do think a slight reframing is helpful: 

instead of calling it dead money, the bills are accounting for $31m in previously paid dollars that they would need to account for whether they kept him or not.

they do however save $22m in future guarantees

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

remember when then helmet throwing, the sideline berating of his QB, the pulling himself out of games ands the camp drama were all packaged under "hey he's just super competitive and everything!!--I'll take a team of Diggs's!!"

yeah, good times....a thousand posts just evaporated with his unceremonious exit.

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

remember when then helmet throwing, the sideline berating of his QB, the pulling himself out of games ands the camp drama were all packaged under "hey he's just super competitive and everything!!--I'll take a team of Diggs's!!"

yeah, good times....a thousand posts just evaporated with his unceremonious exit.

Nah, I still wouldve taken a lot more Diggses...es on the 2020-2022 Bills. He was great while he was here, until he wasnt. All that stuff doesnt change that. He just didnt get along with the boss in the long run.

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’m sure he will just sign with them after 1 year with the Texans. It’s like Brett Favre and the Vikings. 

Ha! I think Dallas makes a lot more sense, but anything is possible.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Nah, I still wouldve taken a lot more Diggses...es on the 2020-2022 Bills. He was great while he was here, until he wasnt. All that stuff doesnt change that.

Perhaps when Trevon Diggs gets cut after another lackluster injury riddled season they can go be somewhere as a package deal

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Nah, I still wouldve taken a lot more Diggses...es on the 2020-2022 Bills. He was great while he was here, until he wasnt. All that stuff doesnt change that. He just didnt get along with the boss in the long run.

he’s not gone because he didn’t get along with the boss….

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

Oh well then it’s brilliant to void guaranteed $$ 

I'm not saying it's smart. I agree I wouldn't take the pay cut especially to go to a worse team like Dallas. I'm just pointing out, given what Diggs has said about playing with his Bros in the past, a reason he may have done this.  

Just now, Donuts and Doritos said:

I'm not saying it's smart. I agree I wouldn't take the pay cut especially to go to a worse team like Dallas. I'm just pointing out, given what Diggs has said about playing with his Bros in the past, a reason he may have done this.  

Oh I get he wants to play with his brother. Just seems not a great financial plan. I wish Diggs well and he was very good with the Bills. But I’m glad he’s gone. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Somebody ..

He was controlled at $17-18 m the next three years … you don’t see him getting more money than that ?

No at 31-32 he will get a 1 maybe 2 year deal. Those deals go to 25-28 year old guys on the upswing.. with limited drama. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

He didnt void any guaranteed money? The $3M in guaranteed money left got moved up to this year.

He walked away from a two year deal with the Bills to a one year deal with the Texans. So he’s betting he will make at least that much in yr 2 somewhere. Could be, but I don’t think so. 

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

No at 31-32 he will get a 1 maybe 2 year deal. Those deals go to 25-28 year old guys on the upswing.. with limited drama. 

Agreed it will be tough for him to find that same amount of salary. But the big thing for Diggs is he gets to be in complete control of his destiny for the first time in his career. If he wants to take less to play with a certain team, he can. Trying to get a trade offer finally doesnt play a factor.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Let me correct my numbers … he was on $18m next year and $19m in 2026…

This is not guaranteed money so he could have been cut anyway if he wasn’t performing 

Salary cap increased 15  percent this year and might be more next year … I think there is a reasonable chance he can get more money over the next two years 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

He walked away from a two year deal with the Bills to a one year deal with the Texans. So he’s betting he will make at least that much in yr 2 somewhere. Could be, but I don’t think so. 

Those years/that money doesnt really exist if it isnt guaranteed. Teams know this. Diggs knows this. Now he doesnt have to wait around to be released. He can hit the ground running as a FA. Probably wont get that much, but he also knows he wasnt going to see those years with the Bills or Texans either.

• Like (+1) 1

diggs only had that $3.5 mil in guaranteed money after this season anyways. last part of the $70 mil guaranteed money.

it cost the texans nothing more than they were obligated to do......just gave him the money they owed sooner.

to me, this signals he is an expensive (early 2nd round pick)   1 yr rental. he's moving on to a different team for 2025

the big question is wether he will do better than the $19 mil/yr AAV he already had in his current contract.

texans are correct that diggs should be completely happy knowing he controls his future. all thats left is for him to have a monster year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Great deal for Diggs … he looks like he won the trade 

for sure. Also looks a bit better for Buf, as they would've likely released him or got a day 3 pick next year 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Those years/that money doesnt really exist if it isnt guaranteed. Teams know this. Diggs knows this. Now he doesnt have to wait around to be released. He can hit the ground running as a FA. Probably wont get that much, but he also knows he wasnt going to see those years with the Bills or Texans either.

I get ya .. but had  he stayed with the Bills and wanted to be here he’s making the$$$.. He’s betting that he will make up that $$$ after this year with another similar or higher deal. I just don’t see it based on his production as no longer being a superstar #1. But I could be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

This is not guaranteed money so he could have been cut anyway if he wasn’t performing 

Salary cap increased 15  percent this year and might be more next year … I think there is a reasonable chance he can get more money over the next two years 

He’s going to get more than $ 37m after his year in Houston? Ok could be.. I don’t see it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

I get ya .. but had  he stayed with the Bills and wanted to be here he’s making the$$$.. He’s betting that he will make up that $$$ after this year with another similar or higher deal. I just don’t see it based on his production as no longer being a superstar #1. But I could be wrong. 

Agreed, he’s betting on his upcoming season to pay off for him.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

I don't agree.  Diggs already wasn't playing like a #1 for most of 2023. After week 6, he was basically a possession receiver. He had 52 and 21 yards in the two playoff games. 

Beane only needs to replace Diggs' production in 2024. 

Well...it depends upon what the team's goal is, No?

Diggs wasn't playing like a #1, and the Bills offense was #6 and we had to win out at the end of the year to make the playoffs, and as you point out....Diggs did not have great contributions in the playoff games.

So if the team wants to go any further this season, Beane has to *improve on* Digg's production in 2024.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

He’s going to get more than $ 37m after his year in Houston? Ok could be.. I don’t see it. 

He has nothing to lose though ..

He only had $3.5m guaranteed …so if he doesn’t perform he gets cut regardless..if he does perform he gets to stay playing at $18-19 m year by year 

Now If he balls out then some team ..( likely a bottom feeder)  pays him more money including guarantees… And the Texans get back a third round comp pick 

Hey .. probably won’t happen but if we see Weeks 1-6 Diggs from last year and not Weeks 7-18 then it’s some possibility 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

who’s going to pay him huge money after he’s off the Texans?

I bet there will be a HUGE Go Fund Me with Bills fans chipping in $14 at a time!  😋 

No ill will, it is what it is and thanks for the good stuff. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well, that all depends upon who is correct, right?

Beane and company, by their actions, are saying "Cold Hard Football Facts: you're declining, Diggs, so we're willing to eat a bunch of cap this year in order to grab next year's 2nd while the grabbing is good."  Greg Cosell is saying flat out "tape shows he's not a #1 at this point, he's not elite, he's a good possession receiver".

The Texans, by taking him on as a 1 year rental AND sweetening his pot with more guaranteed money, are saying "you're still a #1, so we're gonna do whatever it takes to make you happy, because we think you can help us win this year."

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

Having 3 talented WR who all wanted the ball took Burrow to the Superbowl, so sometimes it works like that.

I don't think Diggs believes he's not getting another deal.  I think he's fallen into the AB mindset that "he made Josh Allen what he is", he thinks he isn't doing better since 2021 because Josh Allen isn't good enough, and he thinks he'll be a 1400+ or 1500+ #1 WR again with teams lining up to pay him.

Someone is right, and someone is mistaken here, and time will tell.

• Thank you (+1) 1