Diggs traded to Texans for picks

2 hours ago, billybob71 said:

and that was the only way I could see him staying in Buffalo was dropping to a WR 2 type role, and I don't think he would have embraced that

At different times last season I had either Collins or Dell on my fantasy team. They were playmaker that will be hard to take the ball from them. I'm a bit surprised Texans were the team Doggs went to

• Like (+1) 1

I hope Beane holds strong to a diplomatic line. "Thought it was in the best interest of our long term financial health, Stephon has been a great Bill and consummate professional, hate to play against him but it made sense for us."

Keeping it classy no matter what is a good FO approach. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

we went 5-1 to get in, and he was not a major factor 

That doesn't have any bearing on the veracity of what I said. I was just adding full information to your statement. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

For context they’ve been saying they thought Diggs was a slam dunk restructure this offseason. 

They don’t understand the Diggs contract situation at the most fundamental level so they are overplaying the “Diggs is the most toxic player ever” card. 

Parts of Cover 1 are a good watch/listen like when they review tape, some of there content providers seem to think their opinions are all that and a bag of chips…, 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m at peace with this trade. 

It is clear Diggs wanted out.  Beane had no leverage and probably did the best he could. 

I like the Vikings but now I have to hope they go 0 - 17. 

Upside though is no more cryptic tweet threads. 

Just now, BillsfaninSB said:

It is clear Diggs wanted out.  Beane had no leverage and probably did the best he could. 

You just wait until Diggs says that Stroud is better than Josh. That'll be good for at least 200 pages.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

With all of the opinions that are flying out there in this thread there is one that is dead wrong: this does not mean a rebuild. Not in the least! Personally I feel better that he’s gone.

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I don't think either of things are necessarily true, but certainly not the 2nd.  You don't get a team's 2nd round draft pick for nothing.

Just now, Low Positive said:

You just wait until Diggs says that Stroud is better than Josh. That'll be good for at least 200 pages.

Just wait till Diggs starts sending out cryptic tweets in Houston..........it's coming.

It's hard to keep a good cancer down.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Exactly, we don't know what this means yet until Beane replaces him. There's a number of possibilities that could make the team stronger or weaker. Time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Another upside is we don't have to hear  his brother wants Stef out of Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I wish. I'd do it in a heartbeat but doubt we can move up enuf to land that guy. The class is very good but the top three are really not only in a different class but in a different universe than any of the others in terms of demonstrated ability. Almost inconceivable that they bust or seriously underperform. Thomas and AD Mitchell are next best imo but even if not quite boom or bust they are largely trait based picks at this point with an awful lot to learn if they are going to realize their potential at the next level. They could also use a little luck in terms of landing spots. Buffalo should be good but this coaching staff also still needs to prove that they can develop a true #1 receiver.

Rome O is almost.certainly going to be a great pro. I doubt we even get to sniff him.

I'm hoping for Rome O.  It does sound hard to get, but the others were great selections when we had Diggs and had a year of development.  The next tier down would still be desirable for the Gabe development replacement (Legette/K Coleman/McConkey/T Franklin) but for 2024 WR1 I would like something better.

The other option is trading for Aiyuk (I think J Jeff is too expensive to think about).

Personally, I would love to see two of these rookies, Rome and one of the second tier.  It would be out of character from what we have seen from Beane and McD but would be great to see.  It would usher in a new era with Josh as the veteran leader and we would see the team develop.

THANK-YOU Diggs for the time you spent here.

....but best days are clearly in the rearview mirror and I'm so happy to get COMPENSATION for this move in the form of draft picks in a WR deep draft.

Younger, faster, stronger.  

Let's GO.

• Like (+1) 1