NFL will play 2 games on Christmas-day which is on a Wednesday this year.

Gregg

5 hours ago, uticaclub said:

It would be nice to have something other than NBA playing in the background at home.

It might be fun to schedule a family tailgate, setup a tree, decorate it with beer and soda cans & then set it on fire while you eat your Christmas dinner before you walk in the stadium.

Followed by a trip to "The Pit" for some introspection and reflection regarding the imminent New Year as well.  

4 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Terrible just Terrible.  This leaves no time for the teams involved to have any form of Christmas with their families 

It's egregiously reaching.  Has there ever been a regularly scheduled Wednesday game?  

Either way, it makes me want to deliberately not watch them, which I probably wouldn't anyway.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's one thing if Christmas falls on a Saturday or Sunday but to start putting NFL games on a Wednesday because it's Christmas is just another Greedy Cash Grab from the NFL...$$$$$$$$ all they care about 

The NFL is a business, that's it's purpose. 

The ratings were so high for last year's Christmas game that Christmas Day games were inevitably going to become a fixture on whatever day Christmas falls on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well.... there have been 30 games played on Christmas day and the only teams that haven't played on Christmas yet are:

Atlanta Falcons

Buffalo Bills

Carolina Panthers

Jacksonville Jaguars

New England Patriots

New York Giants

Seattle Seahawks

Washington Commanders

So me may just be due...

• Like (+1) 1

As we’ve established, Christmas Day is celebrated on a specific day (December 25th) every year, but NOT on a specific day of the week, like Wednesday.

So seeing as how this Sunday is Easter Sunday (always on a Sunday but NOT the same Sunday) can anyone tell us…without looking it up…..how is the date for Easter Sunday determined each year? 

PS: It’s one of the few trivia questions that I actually know. 

48 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The NFL is a business, that's it's purpose. 

The ratings were so high for last year's Christmas game that Christmas Day games were inevitably going to become a fixture on whatever day Christmas falls on.

Believe me I get it...Nobody understands the NFL is a business more than me

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm tired of people who aren't billionaires sticking up for billionaires and the crappy things they do. It normalizes their greed and excess and that's a problem.

Bologna.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BILLS55 said:

First paragraph of the article states the teams will have played the previous Saturday giving them 4 days rest. It's the same as playing a Thursday night game, following a Sunday. 

though of course is still 3 games in 11 days 

and the golden goose for the league is fantasy football so let’s further jack up the late season experience 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

As we’ve established, Christmas Day is celebrated on a specific day (December 25th) every year, but NOT on a specific day of the week, like Wednesday.

So seeing as how this Sunday is Easter Sunday (always on a Sunday but NOT the same Sunday) can anyone tell us…without looking it up…..how is the date for Easter Sunday determined each year? 

It has to do with first Sunday after full moon after spring equinox.  Western church fixes spring for the 21st. Eastern Orthodox goes by the exact date.  As a result, some years they can be very different.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It has to do with the phases of the moon. Ash Wednesday & Lunar New Year are always the same week.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the NFL has learned that you can put ANYBODY on those random games and get ratings. At the same time, it feels like a Cardinals - Chargers game isn’t what they’re looking for to make a “statement.” Bills - Chiefs would be the highest rated game all year.

When you consider they want the 4 teams playing on the Saturday before (also considered primetime) it lends credence to the theory they will be top teams. Putting Carolina and Washington on Saturday and then Christmas doesn't really make sense. So, yeah....

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

It has to do with the phases of the moon. Ash Wednesday & Lunar New Year are always the same week.

Answer:

Easter Sunday is the first Sunday after the first full moon after March 21st, the Spring Equinox. 

You'll note we just had a full moon earlier this week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Gregg said:

So this article mentions how this will be the first Friday season opener since 1970.

If this article is accurate then it sounds safe to assume that there will be no traditional TNF game at home for the Superbowl champ to start the year.

I wonder if this is the start of a new international game season kickoff?

Or maybe they just need to wait and see what Taylor wants. 😁😈

Edited by Metal Man

16 hours ago, Gregg said:

Teams that play the week before on Saturday will be the ones to play on Christmas Day. 

Unfortunately that sounds like two games the NFL could want to put the Bills in.

10 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Believe me I get it...Nobody understands the NFL is a business more than me

You have no business sense compared to me, my advanced analytics on the topic are at the very top.

14 hours ago, Beast said:

When greed knows no bounds.

I get it on one hand, on the other hand, it is clearly what people want given the ratings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1