NFL will play 2 games on Christmas-day which is on a Wednesday this year.

Gregg

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

Well we know it won’t be a home game for the Dolphins as they those fans won’t show up to the game as they aren’t real fans 

I'm a real fan and I wouldn't go to a game on Christmas. Not with little kids at home and such. Priorities

Now if it were only me.......

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Please not us please not us please not us

Teams that play the week before on Saturday will be the ones to play on Christmas Day. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

At this point, no one should be surprised by the combined greed of the Shield coinciding with their complete disregard for player safety or the fans

As for the players safety the league already announced it will be the teams that played the week before on Saturday giving them 11 days to get ready for another game. 

First paragraph of the article states the teams will have played the previous Saturday giving them 4 days rest. It's the same as playing a Thursday night game, following a Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

It would be nice to have something other than NBA playing in the background at home.

It might be fun to schedule a family tailgate, setup a tree, decorate it with beer and soda cans & then set it on fire while you eat your Christmas dinner before you walk in the stadium.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Haha (+1) 3

Not cool, imho. For those of us with young-ish kids (and lots of relatives who don’t watch football), this feels like a trampling on what is supposed to be a special day set aside to focus on what matters most “in real life.” Hopefully it’s not us! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

I agree with the consensus... This is just stupid. No need for Christmas games heck I think the NFL should shelve Thanksgiving games also. Time for the family for players and fans

• Agree 3

41 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm a real fan and I wouldn't go to a game on Christmas. Not with little kids at home and such. Priorities

Now if it were only me.......

It was meant as a first post joke . I too don’t want to go on Christmas 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Gregg said:

As for the players safety the league already announced it will be the teams that played the week before on Saturday giving them 11 days to get ready for another game. 

That sounds unlikely - so they're moving bye weeks to be that late in the season just to accommodate Christmas Day games?

They should go full out money making mode and have a couple of games on Tuesday, Christmas Eve as well.

There's already Monday and Thursday night games. They could add a Friday night game and play everyday of the week.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

That sounds unlikely - so they're moving bye weeks to be that late in the season just to accommodate Christmas Day games?

Once college football season ends then the NFL schedules games on Saturday's. I would guess the teams that play Saturday Dec 14th will play on Dec 25th instead of Sunday Dec 22th. 

• Disagree 1

I like it.  I want football seven days a week.  All in Prime Time on a million different streaming services just so the whining goes to an all time high but the NFL will still pull in massive profits because we will still watch.

• Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Looking forward to those games being on Peabrain or Bezos-1 or  something so you get the Christmas gift of paying extra on top of the extra you already pay

They'll charge playoff game prices for Christmas Day games, and rightfully so. 🤑