NFL will play 2 games on Christmas-day which is on a Wednesday this year.

Gregg

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

These are some very odd comments. You’all are aware that Christmas isn’t always on a Wednesday, right? 

Most people don't like change.   The NFL traditionally has only played on Christmas when it fell on the weekend or Monday.   Christmas coming on Wednesday has just magnified the change in NFL policy to play games on Christmas.   Obviously, it's too much change for some people.

21 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Most people don't like change.   The NFL traditionally has only played on Christmas when it fell on the weekend or Monday.   Christmas coming on Wednesday has just magnified the change in NFL policy to play games on Christmas.   Obviously, it's too much change for some people.

I agree. Seems odd to be so concerned about a change that hasn’t happened yet and one that would only impact your team about once every ten years. Most people are pretty much done going to church, opening gifts, etc long before these games would kick off. So just like Thanksgiving the games will become some often needed  background noise while families gather to chat, celebrate the holiday (and/or a welcome excuse to ignore their annoying aunts, uncles, and cousins). 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Gregg said:

In another scheduling move the NFL is deciding if it will be the Browns or Packers going to Brazil to play the Eagles.

Matt Schneidman on X: "Packers president Mark Murphy tells local reporters the NFL is deciding between the Packers and Browns to play the Eagles in Brazil. https://t.co/qsJLGnTlwP" / X (twitter.com)

Way cool - I am actually going to this game.  My sister who lives in Philly and I are heading there for 8 days, total package deal.  I'm hoping my liver will behave!

• Like (+1) 1