NFL will play 2 games on Christmas-day which is on a Wednesday this year.

Gregg

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Cry me a river. Stop watching, then.

They are a business. They prioritize making money and providing a product that people want. There is rabid demand for their product.

The constant butt-hurt attacks by "fans" like you are really getting nauseating. Go choose another form of entertainment, because you clearly don't like this one.

I'm tired of people who aren't billionaires sticking up for billionaires and the crappy things they do. It normalizes their greed and excess and that's a problem.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm tired of people who aren't billionaires sticking up for billionaires and the crappy things they do. It normalizes their greed and excess and that's a problem.

I see….so we only cross the greed line at Billionaires? I’ve got a ways to go so it’s still open season for me. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I see….so we only cross the greed line at Billionaires? I’ve got a ways to go so it’s still open season for me. 

It seems a reasonable place to start. If you're acting like a turd just because you can we can consider adding you.

14 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

It seems a reasonable place to start. If you're acting like a turd just because you can we can consider adding you.

A turd? Nope. I just find it hilarious that people find it so easy to bash on billionaires. Everyone is ‘greedy’. And, my problem with this latest decision has nothing to do with greed. 

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not cool, imho. For those of us with young-ish kids (and lots of relatives who don’t watch football), this feels like a trampling on what is supposed to be a special day set aside to focus on what matters most “in real life.” Hopefully it’s not us! 

I mean, I agree with what you're saying...but you do realize watching live is optional, right? You can just focus on family, record the game and watch later or the next day. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I mean, I agree with what you're saying...but you do realize watching live is optional, right? You can just focus on family, record the game and watch later or the next day. 

Fair point! But I’ll inevitably know the outcome and that will ruin it 🤷🏼‍♂️…unless we win big and I won’t mind sitting through on demand. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

A turd? Nope. I just find it hilarious that people find it so easy to bash on billionaires. Everyone is ‘greedy’. And, my problem with this latest decision has nothing to do with greed. 

Why else play on a Wednesday other than that?

As for greed when I see people trying to milk every dime they can out of a community while at the same time buying a 200M boat I'll call it as ai see it.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Why else play on a Wednesday other than that?

As for greed when I see people trying to milk every dime they can out of a community while at the same time buying a 200M boat I'll call it as ai see it.

I’m guessing it’s because the opportunity exists to play on a national holiday. And also because anyone who wants to watch an NBA quadruple header should have their head examined! 😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m guessing it’s because the opportunity exists to play on a national holiday. And also because anyone who wants to watch an NBA quadruple header should have their head examined! 😂

Well, I mean since they are playing on Wednesday for our benefit, it being a holiday and all, I guess we should be grateful that we don't have to toil in the fields that day and watch the entertainment the Lords have provided without question then.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Well, I mean since they are playing on Wednesday for our benefit, it being a holiday and all, I guess we should be grateful that we don't have to toil in the fields that day and watch the entertainment the Lords have provided without question then.

If you prefer not to watch in some sort of protest…..don’t. Stick to The Man with all you’ve got. Odd that you choose to draw the line on Wednesday (not Christmas Day) but you do you! 

I think that the NFL has learned that you can put ANYBODY on those random games and get ratings. At the same time, it feels like a Cardinals - Chargers game isn’t what they’re looking for to make a “statement.” Bills - Chiefs would be the highest rated game all year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Not cool, imho. For those of us with young-ish kids (and lots of relatives who don’t watch football), this feels like a trampling on what is supposed to be a special day set aside to focus on what matters most “in real life.” Hopefully it’s not us! 

The NBA has been scheduling games on Christmas for decades.   The NFL scheduling games on Christmas is only "different" because you obviously aren't an NBA junkie. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The NBA has been scheduling games on Christmas for decades.   The NFL scheduling games on Christmas is only "different" because you obviously aren't an NBA junkie. 

It's one thing if Christmas falls on a Saturday or Sunday but to start putting NFL games on a Wednesday because it's Christmas is just another Greedy Cash Grab from the NFL...$$$$$$$$ all they care about