PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

13 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Haha right.  The pricing of the PSLs ultimately highlights a free market economy.  If you want to buy a good product, you’re going to pay more.  You want a discount, then you’ll need to wait until the product isn’t as good.

I really think that we are going to see drastically lower PSLs as future areas of the stadium are revealed. The ones that we are seeing now are “best amenities and best locations.” That was always going to be the highest end of the spectrum. If they sell well the future tiers will be drastically lower. If they don’t sell as well future tiers will be a lot lower but not as low as they would have been with a successful rollout of the most expensive locations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Yup I remember when being a sports fan was blue collar entertainment but it has drastically shifted to being an Elitist hobby.  All while the actual product has gone downhill.

In fact, the NFL disgusts me these days.  

If I weren't a Bills fan I wouldn't watch it care.  Makes it somewhat bittersweet for me.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Can you sell the PSL to anyone other than the Bills?

You can transfer or sell to anyone but they will be vetted by Bills before sale is approved. For example, it will be denied if purchaser is on Bills banned list.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I used to have STs, but living out of town I got tired of eating them for games that no one wanted to go to when I didn't go, which was most games.  That's when it hit me that it would cost me less to significantly overpay for the game or two I really wanted to see and ditch the stress and time commitment to selling the others.  

This is where I am.  I'm at the upper end of what I feel comfortable paying for my club seats now, and not sure if I want to downgrade my seats to another area of the new stadium when that option comes available.  I also had several years where I couldn't find buyers for the games I was going to skip, even giving them away to friends and family was a problem, until these past few years.  I'm guessing with the new stadium, I could probably spend half of what I'm currently paying for my seasons, and get really good seats on the secondary market for the few games I'll go to.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Haha right.  The pricing of the PSLs ultimately highlights a free market economy.  If you want to buy a good product, you’re going to pay more.  You want a discount, then you’ll need to wait until the product isn’t as good.

Unsure if this is a joke or not.

The Buffalo Bills are not playing in a free market economy.

They took nearly a billion dollars in public subsidy. 

Christ.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Mango said:

Unsure if this is a joke or not.

The Buffalo Bills are not playing in a free market economy.

They took nearly a billion dollars in public subsidy. 

Christ.

Is someone forcing you to buy a PSL or not?  Yes, public monies are involved too.  But economic forces of supply and demand are also at work here.

Christ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Is someone forcing you to buy a PSL or not?  Yes, public monies are involved too.  But economic forces of supply and demand are also at work here.

Christ! 

A free market prohibits public subsidy because its influence no longer allows it to operate freely.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

What's the difference?

A suite is a private area owned by a company or individual with a certain number of tickets. A club is an area with upgraded amenities but you just have tickets there. That’s the most basic way to explain it. That $30K number is (likely) the per ticket PSL for the right to buy that seat. 

The suite licensing is a whole different ballgame. That could be as high as 7 figures. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I really think that we are going to see drastically lower PSLs as future areas of the stadium are revealed. The ones that we are seeing now are “best amenities and best locations.” That was always going to be the highest end of the spectrum. If they sell well the future tiers will be drastically lower. If they don’t sell as well future tiers will be a lot lower but not as low as they would have been with a successful rollout of the most expensive locations.

I believe this is why the Bills are so secretive about PSLs in the rest of the stadium. It’s tougher to sell a $50k PSL when people know they are only $5k a level up or in the end zones. Maybe businesses won’t care, but some individuals might. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I believe this is why the Bills are so secretive about PSLs in the rest of the stadium. It’s tougher to sell a $50k PSL when people know they are only $5k a level up or in the end zones. Maybe businesses won’t care, but some individuals might. 

I think that too. And it makes me hopeful. But even 5k per seat where I am with 3 seats in the 300 level is going to be way too much for me to justify, and I am blessed have a pretty darn good job, etc. 1-2k per seat maximum is where my limit will be. We shall see!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Of course.  The PSLs aren't going to be $10k for upper deck corners.  LOL  

From the survey as I recall, they started around $1,000 or so, but again, for the UD corners, Upper EZs which will be much higher than the current EZs, etc.  

I don't recall that any seats on a per-seat basis after PSLs will be less than around $100/game however.  

For example and from their survey; 

Upper level between 15-yard line and end zone

Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent

Heating: None

Annual price per seat: $990

One-time PSL: $2,100

After the PSL that's $124 per game for 8 games and $110 per game for 9 games.  

"Minimal coverage" for whatever that means, no heat.  

Those seats will sell, particularly to fans that don't care whether there's a roof/coverage/heat/etc.  

Based upon everyone's comments, here, in the BuffNews, facebook, etc., there's going to be a mass migration from where people are now to less-expensive seats further up on towards/in the EZs.  And keep in mind there will be far more EZ seats too.  

Edited by PBF81

16 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Apparently one of the more prominent funeral home owners decided against it, and I’m sure they’re not going  to be the only ones

Went with my wife to a suite of a vendor she does business with for the TB game last season. It was behind an EZ so not the most expensive one. They said they were unsure if they could keep it when the team moved to the new stadium. At the pricing they had seen they couldn’t make it work, but they thought it might come down to where they could.

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Of course.  The PSLs aren't going to be $10k for upper deck corners.  LOL  

From the survey as I recall, they started around $1,000 or so, but again, for the UD corners, Upper EZs which will be much higher than the current EZs, etc.  

I don't recall that any seats on a per-seat basis after PSLs will be less than around $100/game however.  

For example and from their survey; 

Upper level between 15-yard line and end zone

Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent

Heating: None

Annual price per seat: $990

One-time PSL: $2,100

After the PSL that's $124 per game for 8 games and $110 per game for 9 games.  

"Minimal coverage" for whatever that means, no heat.  

Those seats will sell, particularly to fans that don't care whether there's a roof/coverage/heat/etc.  

Based upon everyone's comments, here, in the BuffNews, facebook, etc., there's going to be a mass migration from where people are now to less-expensive seats further up on towards/in the EZs.  And keep in mind there will be far more EZ seats too.  

I don’t think it’ll be a “mass migration” but we will see some attrition. The only mass migration will be he people that were in the lower level between the 30’s. Those were the most underpriced seats in all of pro sports. Those people will move away from midfield or up. The people that we are hearing from now are the most vocal. I’d be curious to know what percentage of the people that have gone so far have declined. We know that some have been vocal but how many have declined?

There are also people out there that aren’t current ticket holders because they couldn’t get a desirable enough location. We will see some of these people entering at the $50k PSL. It isn’t an enormous universe but when you look at the whole region (Toronto, Rochester, etc..) that will offset some of those people lowering their spend.

I should be coming up soon (got the call the other day). It sounds like my PSL will be higher than I originally anticipated (at least I think). I was anticipating like $12k a seat ($15k on the high end). I think that it’ll now be $20k a seat. That’s annoying but I’m not likely to bail over it. The way that I’m looking at it, is an extra $20k (after finance fees over 10 years). It’s $2k more a year than I hoped. That sucks but I blow money on stuff that I care WAY less about than the Bills all of the time. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think it’ll be a “mass migration” but we will see some attrition. The only mass migration will be he people that were in the lower level between the 30’s. Those were the most underpriced seats in all of pro sports. Those people will move away from midfield or up. The people that we are hearing from now are the most vocal. I’d be curious to know what percentage of the people that have gone so far have declined. We know that some have been vocal but how many have declined?

There are also people out there that aren’t current ticket holders because they couldn’t get a desirable enough location. We will see some of these people entering at the $50k PSL. It isn’t an enormous universe but when you look at the whole region (Toronto, Rochester, etc..) that will offset some of those people lowering their spend.

I should be coming up soon (got the call the other day). It sounds like my PSL will be higher than I originally anticipated (at least I think). I was anticipating like $12k a seat ($15k on the high end). I think that it’ll now be $20k a seat. That’s annoying but I’m not likely to bail over it. The way that I’m looking at it, is an extra $20k (after finance fees over 10 years). It’s $2k more a year than I hoped. That sucks but I blow money on stuff that I care WAY less about than the Bills all of the time. 

There will be plenty of professional resellers that will be happy to buy up the premium seats too. Those are the ones that can generate real revenue and even see an increase in PSL value. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/25/2024 at 3:17 PM, Turk71 said:

Olive Garden doesn't build their restaurants with public funds.

Every business uses public funds: roads we pay for to get to them, the fire departments and police that protect them, the social programs that workers rely on because wages are too low, etc.

On 3/25/2024 at 3:10 PM, eball said:

The sense of entitlement among Bills fans is astonishing.

Fans: "We need bigger buffaloes!...We need top of the line amenities!...We need a bigger buidling!....we need a roof!...we need beer and food stands every ten feet!....we need a thousand TVs in the building!."

Ownership: "OK, this is what that will cost to build and provide all that and what we will charge our customers to make it happen"

Fans: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Wow!  Good for you to be able to afford that.  Even if I could I wouldn't.  LOL  

I hear ya on the "migration" stuff, but that's more or less what I had in mind when I made the statement.  To your question, a few people here have stated that they bailed on it so far and others have said simply that they're not going to renew given what they know.  

It will be interesting.  What is interesting now is that I just read in a piece out today (or yesterday) how fewer than 1% of STHs have been contacted, which would be fewer than 700 or so, but how some people that went through the "experience" and reported on it here stated that they've been told that the seats are selling quickly, which would seem to contradict the reports.  

If I had money coming out of my a$$ I might buy a pair of seats under a heater somewhere, but alas, I don't.  LOL  

2 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Check out the PSL for suites 

FB_IMG_1711546233524.jpg

That’s clubs not suites

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Went with my wife to a suite of a vendor she does business with for the TB game last season. It was behind an EZ so not the most expensive one. They said they were unsure if they could keep it when the team moved to the new stadium. At the pricing they had seen they couldn’t make it work, but they thought it might come down to where they could.

That’s not suites they are club seats. But from what I’ve gathered they are not only the most expensive that the stadium will offer. I was also under the impression that they came with suite like amenities. Food and drink paid for. Similar to suites. Or other areas of the stadium that no one else can access. Maybe I’m incorrect about the food or drink but I thought I read that somewhere. Either way, they are the most expensive seats the stadium will offer. 

Exactly what I expected @BarleyNY  the number of suites have been cut in half in the new stadium. So the 60 or so suites that have been removed, those people would be prime targets for these upgraded club seats in the new stadium. How many people were in that suite when you went? Imagine that many people times 60. That’s the target audience of what the Bills are currently looking at now for 40 to 40 sideline club seats with some extra amenities. I remember years ago I know someone that was looking into a suite and I think it was like $80k for the year. I’m sure they’re more now. So that’s the target audience. Someone might not pay over 100K a year for a suite in the new stadium but they’ll buy 8 tickets with a 20-30k PSL fee once and then 8k a year on each seat. It’s still less than a suite would be. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

If I had money coming out of my a$$ I might buy a pair of seats under a heater somewhere, but alas, I don't.  LOL  

They aren’t crazy now (at least where I am). It’s like $5k-$6k for a pair. It’s spread over 10 months. In the new stadium, I’m expecting a jump (plus that crazy PSL). 

• Like (+1) 1

I just saw this on the Facebook group about the stadium and PSLs. Take it with a grain of salt I guess because I don’t necessarily believe anything that’s not confirmed. But I just saw it 

“This is solid information:  The NEW club level seating; FOUNDERS CLUB - heated and covered seats, $50K PSL, $6k per ticket - includes food and beverages. EAST CLUB - heated and covered, $20K PSL, $5200 per ticket, no food or drink. FIELD CLUB: not covered or heated, $15K PSL , $4300 per ticket, food - yes, no drinks

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The other thing to think about is, and I don’t know because I’ve never been in them. But the 2 tunnel end, corner clubs indoors. The M&T club and I can’t remember the other one. Those clubs are more expensive than any of the sideline clubs I think being indoors. I thought I also heard that food was included with those seats. Doesn’t look like a seat tile that in the new stadium is going to be available, completely indoors. Not sure how many seats are in those clubs but that’s another target audience for a fully covered and fully heated seat that is more expensive than the current clubs between the 40 and end zones. 

3 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Any idea how much seats are gonna go up in general? For example, I paid like $200 per seat in the 300 level for the Chiefs game. How expensive is that kind of seat going to be now? $500? If so, I'll be in my buddys garage eating good. 

In the secondary market? Absolutely. You will be paying that much or more I’d imagine. At least the first few years. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

So the 60 or so suites that have been removed, those people would be prime targets for these upgraded club seats in the new stadium. How many people were in that suite when you went? Imagine that many people times 60. 

Back when I was involved in selling tickets, the smallest suites had 12 seats.  So multiple that by 60 and that's your minimum number.  And last time I asked, years ago, you could get a small suite for one game, for $12K. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

The other thing to think about is, and I don’t know because I’ve never been in them. But the 2 tunnel end, corner clubs indoors. The M&T club and I can’t remember the other one. Those clubs are more expensive than any of the sideline clubs I think being indoors. I thought I also heard that food was included with those seats. Doesn’t look like a seat tile that in the new stadium is going to be available, completely indoors. Not sure how many seats are in those clubs but that’s another target audience for a fully covered and fully heated seat that is more expensive than the current clubs between the 40 and end zones. 

At least one of those indoor clubs did include food/drinks with your tickets.  Last time I checked, again, years ago, one seat for one game was $350 for that experience.  

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

In the secondary market? Absolutely. You will be paying that much or more I’d imagine. At least the first few years. 

Friend brought me to the M&T club as a "client" for the ad agency he worked at.  Food/booze is included and served the entire game - and it was fancy.  Carved Ribeye steak.  Risotto.  Shrimp.  Stone crab claws.  Open bar with top shelf cocktails.  A sundae bar etc. 

50 minutes ago, RkFast said:

Fans: "We need bigger buffaloes!...We need top of the line amenities!...We need a bigger buidling!....we need a roof!...we need beer and food stands every ten feet!....we need a thousand TVs in the building!."

Ownership: "OK, this is what that will cost to build and provide all that and what we will charge our customers to make it happen"

Fans: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think most fans were fine with what we had - and would rather not have a new stadium (at ours and taxpayer expense).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They aren’t crazy now (at least where I am). It’s like $5k-$6k for a pair. It’s spread over 10 months. In the new stadium, I’m expecting a jump (plus that crazy PSL). 

👍

I'm out of town now so it's more difficult.  

I'm not one of those people that particularly enjoys going to games where we obliterate bread teams.  LOL

I had mine during the drought years and trying to pawn off the games I couldn't make became too tedious and difficult.  I correctly figured that it would be easier to simply overpay for the two or three games that I wanted to go to and could make.  

I largely kept them "in case we made the playoffs." 

LOL 

Edited by PBF81

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

Exactly what I expected @BarleyNY  the number of suites have been cut in half in the new stadium. So the 60 or so suites that have been removed, those people would be prime targets for these upgraded club seats in the new stadium. How many people were in that suite when you went? Imagine that many people times 60. That’s the target audience of what the Bills are currently looking at now for 40 to 40 sideline club seats with some extra amenities. I remember years ago I know someone that was looking into a suite and I think it was like $80k for the year. I’m sure they’re more now. So that’s the target audience. Someone might not pay over 100K a year for a suite in the new stadium but they’ll buy 8 tickets with a 20-30k PSL fee once and then 8k a year on each seat. It’s still less than a suite would be. 

The suite was pretty full. I think two of us were the token representatives to keep it a business expense. Also I think that the company is primarily or fully owned by one family. They packed it with their family, friends and some additional key employees. I can see them dialing it back to a chunk of club seats. The president of the company told me that was an option. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, mrags said:

I just saw this on the Facebook group about the stadium and PSLs. Take it with a grain of salt I guess because I don’t necessarily believe anything that’s not confirmed. But I just saw it 

“This is solid information:  The NEW club level seating; FOUNDERS CLUB - heated and covered seats, $50K PSL, $6k per ticket - includes food and beverages. EAST CLUB - heated and covered, $20K PSL, $5200 per ticket, no food or drink. FIELD CLUB: not covered or heated, $15K PSL , $4300 per ticket, food - yes, no drinks

So founders club is likely businesses.  The other two will get scooped up by other businesses, wealthier fans, and ticket brokers.  

The main points around club seats and PSLs though?  That revenue is NOT shared with the opponent.  PSL money goes straight to the bottom line, and every club seat has a ticket fee (that is shared) and a club fee (that is not).  We were lagging behind probably every other team in the league in ticket revenue.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

So founders club is likely businesses.  The other two will get scooped up by other businesses, wealthier fans, and ticket brokers.  

Right. All of those businesses that had suites and are now cut out of the suites because they have half as many.

Im just pointing out that people are getting all bent out of shape at the numbers because of how high they are. The current regular club seat member are not the audience that the Bills are currently targeting. Now those people do have a gripe about losing some prime seating. But at the end of the day they will have their opportunity to buy tickets and they will likely be great seats. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I think most fans were fine with what we had - and would rather not have a new stadium (at ours and taxpayer expense).

Eh - while there wasn't really a bad seat in the building... 

• The bathroom situation was terrible in many sections. 
  • Concessions were slow and obnoxiously inefficient. 
  • There were too many seats for a market the size of buffalo.  Also - it was like 90% metal bleachers.
  • It's really hard to navigate to certain seats.  Have to find the right stairwells to get places.
  • Club entrances were all over the place and confusing
  • Good luck if you're even remotely disabled or handicapped
  • The space around the stadium isn't properly used, its just a big loop of pavement.  They host the wing fest event there (and likely are looking to add others in the future), and its just not built for that type of event.  A larger actual... event space outside the stadium can make attending these types of events easier logistically. 
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

Right. All of those businesses that had suites and are now cut out of the suites because they have half as many.

Im just pointing out that people are getting all bent out of shape at the numbers because of how high they are. The current regular club seat member are not the audience that the Bills are currently targeting. Now those people do have a gripe about losing some prime seating. But at the end of the day they will have their opportunity to buy tickets and they will likely be great seats. 

I felt like the M&T club was very business like as well.  I also hated that you couldn't open a window in there.  It was a very sterile environment to watch a football game.  Like... i was a little tipsy so at the time - a couple slices of ribeye was amazing.  But then the game started and we blew out Tennessee and it was just... not totally right in there.  Too many people didn't care about what was going on.  

My company did an event for bills-KC in KC - and they combined the ticketing process with a sponsored tailgate event.  Get the business crap out of the way and then go into the game.  

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I felt like the M&T club was very business like as well.  I also hated that you couldn't open a window in there.  It was a very sterile environment to watch a football game.  Like... i was a little tipsy so at the time - a couple slices of ribeye was amazing.  But then the game started and we blew out Tennessee and it was just... not totally right in there.  Too many people didn't care about what was going on.  

My company did an event for bills-KC in KC - and they combined the ticketing process with a sponsored tailgate event.  Get the business crap out of the way and then go into the game.  

Yeah I’ve never been in them but from images and videos that I’ve seen it’s looks like a super sterile environment. I went from 14 rows up in the end zones to the clubs and I feel like that about the clubs. I can’t imagine being inside the M&T club.  Other than experiencing it once or twice, I’d probably rather sit on my couch. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah I’ve never been in them but from images and videos that I’ve seen it’s looks like a super sterile environment. I went from 14 rows up in the end zones to the clubs and I feel like that about the clubs. I can’t imagine being inside the M&T club.  Other than experiencing it once or twice, I’d probably rather sit on my couch. 

I mean - free ticket to the home opener?  Giddy-up!! 

15 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I mean - free ticket to the home opener?  Giddy-up!! 

Well. Yeah of course 

as a STH since 06 I guess I don’t have that going for me. Even if I do sell tickets I never miss the home opener. 

26 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

LOL that reminds me of a time before I had seasons, where my father got tix through work in a suite. It was a snow game (not too much, mind you) but I remember how cool it was with the food and all, but before long it all just felt really stale. Fortunately for this suite, I was able to slide the windows open and enjoy the true environment (and pissed many of the others in the suite off at the same time, LOL!)

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/26/2024 at 12:26 PM, nucci said:

Purchasing a football ticket and a car is not a good comparison. 

Then a boat. Or putting a pool and patio with kitchen in your yard. Or maybe a second "hobby" car, like a Vette or some classic car. Or if youre me and really into cycling, a pro-level road bike ($12-$14K). 

A PSL is no different than stuff like the above in that its part of the "cost" of the thing that one enjoys for recreation. And if youre one of those folks who make going to Bills games 8-10 times a year and doing the tailgate in OP a priority in your life for fun and rec time, this is the current price of participation in 2024. 

Edited by RkFast