CURTIS SAMUEL A BILL

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

In today's NFL, I don't know that big receivers on the outside is still a necessity.  With that being said, if we do draft a receiver in the first round, I do worry about their being too many mouths to feed.

As it stands right now, Diggs, Knox, Kincaid, Samuel, and Shakir.  Add in a 1st round pick, while you may want him to develop and learn, that's still a probably 2 of those guys on the bench at any given time.  QB, 5 Lineman, Cook = 7/11

We need to keep stockpiling and giving Josh weapons . Who knows where Diggs is at next year and I want a contingency if we run into injuries 

I still want a WR who could eventually take over the number 1 spot at 28

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I believe that Fiske goes higher than 60. Just too impressive tape and testing to get that far down. He legit could go early round 2 though that might be high. 

i don’t disagree with you but if the hope is to get an edge difference maker you need to take one at 28 

I'm not so sure of that. Fiske is a guy who is a 3T only with no versatility elsewhere. Also, as @HappyDays pointed out - the flaw on his scouting report is that he has poor hand usage. This is a big, BIG thing when it comes to prospects translating at the next level. Guys who don't have great hand usage OFTEN underperform from College to the Pro's.

This isn't to say he can't possibly be good. Just to say he isn't the amazing prospect, sure fire Top to mid 2nd that you're hyping him as. There are legit concerns.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

We got the wrong Samuel.

Y'all will be hating this signing by mid-season.  He was supposed to be able to stretch the field when he came our of college, but all he is a mediocre version of Diggs who can run a jet sweep occasionally.  This is a waste of 15 million.

I was all onboard with Beane finally make this team younger and cheaper, but instead he wastes money on two exceedingly mediocre WRs.  

If he puts up 60-65 catches I will be happy.  We have Diggs, up and comer in Kincaid and I am very confident we add another WR early in the draft.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I believe that Fiske goes higher than 60. Just too impressive tape and testing to get that far down. He legit could go early round 2 though that might be high. 

i don’t disagree with you but if the hope is to get an edge difference maker you need to take one at 28 

I usually dont like anyone at edge at 28 enough to pass on Worthy or Mitchell.  At 60 I will get the best D lineman.  With Jones and Epenesa back not concerned with what position.  Thats why a guy like Orhorhoro intrigues me because he can play almost anywhere.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

He’s an underneath guy who gets open and has YAC. Hollins fills the 4/5 role and that is ok by me! 

So what was the compliant about Diggs, Shakir and Kincaid after the season?  Why it was that they were all underneath players and that we needed some who could stretched the field.  What does Beane give us?  Why another underneath player (Samuel) and a tall older slow WR (Hollins), neither of which stretch the field.  

These signings make no sense at all when given the back drop of what the Bills were allegedly trying to do this off-season, aka get younger, cheaper and hopefully more talented.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Neither of the Robinsons are edge difference makers that merit #28. It's the absolute definition of reaching for need. It's a terrible draft at the position. Latu is the only fella I would accept, and he isn't going to be there.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm not so sure of that. Fiske is a guy who is a 3T only with no versatility elsewhere. Also, as @HappyDays pointed out - the flaw on his scouting report is that he has poor hand usage. This is a big, BIG thing when it comes to prospects translating at the next level. Guys who don't have great hand usage OFTEN underperform from College to the Pro's.

This isn't to say he can't possibly be good. Just to say he isn't the amazing prospect, sure fire Top of the 2nd that you're hyping him as. There are legit concerns.

Could go high round 2 but is a bit high is what I said.  How is that me hyping him as a sure fire high 2nd rounder. 

Just now, GASabresIUFan said:

So what was the compliant about Diggs, Shakir and Kincaid after the season?  Why it was that they were all underneath players and that we needed some who could stretched the field.  What does Beane give us?  Why another underneath player (Samuel) and a tall older slow WR (Hollins), neither of which stretch the field.  

These signings make no sense at all when given the back drop of what the Bills were allegedly trying to do this off-season, aka get younger, cheaper and hopefully more talented.  

At 28 the Bills take Worthy so add it all up and it’s a better group than last year. Samuel is 27, on the upswing of his career. Who exactly would you have wanted at that FA value  who stretches the field ?? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Neither of the Robinsons are edge difference makers that merit #28. It's the absolute definition of reaching for need. It's a terrible draft at the position. Latu is the only fella I would accept, and he isn't going to be there.

I don’t disagree I said they are going to get pushed up to the end of round 1 due to lack of depth and if we want one we are going to have to take one at 28. I would prefer to take a DT in round 2 if we go that route. I would be more than okay drafting a depth guy to be our 4th but some people on here think that’s not sufficient enough due to Millers knee/contract etc and need to take a guy earlier hence the Robinson 28 discussion 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

In today's NFL, I don't know that big receivers on the outside is still a necessity.  With that being said, if we do draft a receiver in the first round, I do worry about their being too many mouths to feed.

As it stands right now, Diggs, Knox, Kincaid, Samuel, and Shakir.  Add in a 1st round pick, while you may want him to develop and learn, that's still a probably 2 of those guys on the bench at any given time.  QB, 5 Lineman, Cook = 7/11

The rookie will not be anywhere near fulltime to start.  They will get through it.  It gives Brady all kinds of packages to use.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Could go high round 2 but is a bit high is what I said.  How is that me hyping him as a sure fire high 2nd rounder. 

My mistake. I meant to say surefire high to mid 2nd, which if you're saying he won't be there at 60 - he has to be.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

18 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

We got the wrong Samuel.

Y'all will be hating this signing by mid-season.  He was supposed to be able to stretch the field when he came our of college, but all he is a mediocre version of Diggs who can run a jet sweep occasionally.  This is a waste of 15 million.

I was all onboard with Beane finally make this team younger and cheaper, but instead he wastes money on two exceedingly mediocre WRs.  

He was a Gadget player at Ohio State, a better version of Isiah McKenzie, so that's not at all what he was supposed to be. He started playing more on the outside in the NFL, but the real problem was this, here are his QBs:

Cam Newton (Healthy)

Cam Newton/Kyle Allen/Taylor Heinicke - avg 12.5 per reception

Kyle Allen/Cam Newton (broken)/Will Grier

Teddy Bridgewater/PJWalker

Alex Smith/Dwayne Haskins/Kyle Allen

Taylor Heinicke/carson wentz/sam howell

sam howell

Who his QB will be in Buffalo

Josh Allen

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean to say surefire high to mid 2nd, which if you're saying he won't be there at 60 - he has to be.

Not necessarily 60 is 4 picks from the end of the round. I think he is a top 50 pick though yes 

35 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Whats Fiske going to do ? Play 25 percent of the snaps behind Oliver ?

More of a need at Edge in my view

I agree, but it’s not by a large margin. McDermott’s signature defensive line rotation is nowhere to be seen at the moment. 

Edited by Rocky Landing