CURTIS SAMUEL A BILL

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Nice signing.   We now have 3 inside/outside guys.. Diggs being a traditional outside guy with inside flex and Shakir/Samuel more inside guys with outside flex.  

Presents a lot of flexibility with Knox/Kincaid in the mix at TE. 

Still think we need a true outside WR early in the draft and this definitely doesn’t change that. 

Still.. really nice piece to add.

Draft an outside guy early and this WR room starts looking really nice. 

I hope Beane understands this

• Agree 4

Just now, The Jokeman said:

You forgetting when we had Peerless Price on the outside? Or Lee Evans?

Im being a jackass I’m on your side here boss but for the last couple weeks I have been told that only a large fast big bodied guy can be drafted and anything else is unacceptable

• Agree 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Legette will be there at 28…not that he is my choice 

He's my fall back. Coleman is my fall back to the fall back, though a lot of folks have Coleman ahead of Legette.

I'm still going to hold out irrational hope for Thomas, and then moderate hope for Mitchell.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I believe we are going to have a WR room that is going to be playing all over the field, interchangeable parts.   I think you will see Samuel, Diggs, Shakir and Kincaid all operating a decent bit out of the slot and outside.   I believe its going to be a very possession like passing with rushing attack mixed in with deep down the field passes.

Samuel has a lot of physical talents and he's somewhat versatile.  He hasn't had good QB's throwing him the ball and the ones who have thrown it to him were his QB's for less than a year on average, so no chemistry was ever able to get established with the QB.

This gives the Bills some flexibility with who they can draft at the WR.  They won't be pigeon holed to chase after a burner, they could be free to draft the best WR available and to me that sounds more appealing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Im being a jackass I’m on your side here boss but for the last couple weeks I have been told that only a large fast big bodied guy can be drafted and anything else is unacceptable

I'm one that wants a big bodied X WR. I even posted in another thread how Samuel is a good WR but maybe not best fit here. As if look at the success he had with Brady he was in the slot 60% of the time which to me hurts us using Shakir there.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Legette will be there at 28…not that he is my choice 

He's my choice depending what's left at DL.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Since Curtis Samuel has come into the league, he has had these QBs throwing footballs to him.

Corpse of Cam Newton

Kyle Allen

Will Grier

Teddy Bridgewater

PJ Walker

Garrett Gilbert

Ryan Fitzpatrick (Had 3 completions for his Commanders career)

Carson Wentz

Taylor Heinicke

Sam Howell

Just a "reality check" for any stat hunters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm one that wants a big bodied X WR. I even posted in another thread how Samuel is a good WR but maybe not best hit here. As if look at the success he had with Brady he was in the slot 60% of the time which to me hurts us using Shakir there.

I and obviously don’t know this but believe they will us him outside more here 

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He was catching passes from: 

Semi-Broken Cam Newton

Very Broken Cam Newton

Kyle Allen

Taylor Heinicke 

Will Grier

Teddy Bridgewater

PJ Walker

Garrett Gilbert

Carson Wentz

Sam Howell

I think this will be an upgrade. 

LOL.  You beat me to the punch.  I used "corpse" for Newton, "broken" works too!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

His catch percentage is only a few points higher than Gabe, unfortunately.

Yeah, no. 

Davis posted 56%, 52% and 56% his last three seasons. Curtis Samuel caught  79%, 69% and 68% over his last three full seasons. That's not a "few points". 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, Special K said:

McCorkle??? You're just kidding right??

The Bills will be drafting a big-bodied X receiver like Thomas Jr., Adonai Mitchell, Keon Coleman or Xavier Legette

This signing probably eliminates guys like Worthy, Roman Wilson, Troy Franklin, and McConkey

I'm not kidding and aside from Thomas Jr., McConkey will go on to have better careers than the other three guys.

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I don't watch Commanders like at all but judging from his stats (10 YPC), does he play strictly slot?

20 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I don’t know much about the Panthers or Commanders. Is this possibly just another Deonte Harty signing? 

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So Samuel is more of a slot receiver in the Cole Beasley role?  

He has been used in the slot more the past few seasons. He is similar to our Crowder signing I would say but hopefully this time pans out. Has more versatility but is not a down the field guy. Can use him on reverses or get creative on jetsweeps like McK. I would say combo of Beasley, McK, Crowder with a little Deebo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Solid wr.  Can play anywhere in formation.  Curious how he looks playing with a big time Qb.  I go Worthy at 28.  Hollins goes the dirty work, Samuels is solid everywhere.  Worthy a speed demon.  

• Like (+1) 2