Bills sign Mack Hollins

39 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

That's more about about opportunities then a lack of talent.  This is the same team that struggles to get Pitts involved. 

The year prior he caught 57 balls.  

I'm a daily fantasy player.  I know Mack Hollins.

Yea as a person who rostered Davante Adam’s on my fantasy team in 2022, I hated the sniper Mack Hollins lol he had a good year

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Von Miller was a cast off player?

Are the Bills the only team to overpay for players?  

You’re right.  No one would sign Leonard Floyd to $7 million last year.  How much did the 49ers sign him for?  Has to be less than the Bills right?

FYI I have nothing against Floyd.  At least that guy still remembers you have to make tackles when you play on the D-Line.  He always put forth an effort when he was on the field.

Miller was already on the decline when he got to the Rams and he forgot what the word tackle meant.

We had to sign Floyd because Miller was completely removed from the D Edge position for close to a season and an half.  I don't care if the guy was hurt or not.  We had to bring someone in to try and get pressure on the oppositions QB.  Because Miller was no longer a option for the majority of the past two years.

If you watched the last super bowl the Rams played, Von Miller was a non factor for 85% of that game. He only had 2 sacks in that game.  Those were the only tackles he had in the entire game. 

1 sack was a group of players getting to Burrow at the same time and he got credit for it.  He took his typical plays off while on the field giving almost no effort at times, when he was on the field.  That is exact the way he played after Buffalo signed him.   I did not like the signing and a lot of people here on this forum hated it.

We paid him 4 times the amount of money this guy was worth at his age.  He was great while in Denver because he played team D back then. 

From 2021 he became just a guy that wanted sacks and made no effort to tackle the opposition no matter what was happening on the field.

He was more of a liability than help last year and this year I don't see anything to change this assessment of what he brings to the table for us.  I hope I am wrong......but don't bet on it.

5 hours ago, mrags said:

Well, let’s add the $2m from this signing and bunch it with all the other stupid $2m signings they have and see how much we can come up with. I’d be willing to bet that at the end you’d have at least $10-14m you could have spent on a decent FA WR or any other position for that matter. Meanwhile, your special teams suck anyway, just like it did last year, so no loss, no gain. And you give a few undrafted rookie FAs a chance to make the roster. Problem solved.

In one of my previous lives as a teacher, I'd give you a 0 on this essay answer because you failed to answer the question posed, which was to actually name some available WRs.

5 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

I would rather pay someone after free agency or after training camp.  It sure would not cost us $3 Mil then for a special teams player / WR #5 or #6.

Even a drafted 5th or 6th round guy would be cheaper than this.

Maybe that's how it works in Madden but not in real life, dude.   Hollins' value is that he's a good STer who plays gunner, a position that every team with playoff expectations needs to fill with a competent player not just some random body.  That he may be able to catch some passes is a bonus.

Edited by SoTier

Eh, we get one of these guys every year. Only this time they were even cheaper (because we're broke).

John Brown

Cole Beasley

Emmanuel Sanders

Jamison Crowder

Trent Sherfield

Mack Hollins

Oh shoot, we're going backwards... 🫢

9 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Not kidding, I like Hollins a lot.  I thought he would break out when ATL replaced Ridder with Heinicke, but he played equally as bad as Ridder.  

He got some buzz on the raiders a couple years ago…def could work out.  Atlanta was an absolute mess last season 

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Maybe that's how it works in Madden but not in real life, dude.   Hollins' value is that he's a good STer who plays gunner, a position that every team with playoff expectations needs to fill with a competent player not just some random body.  That he may be able to catch some passes is a bonus.

This guy is just a random body that has done practically nothing to make him worthy of being kept by any team like Miami, Philly, Atlanta and the Raiders over the past 7 years.  He did not even play a single game in 2018 for Philly.

If this guy was such asset, at WR and or ST,  and he can't earn a spot on any team for more than 2yrs,  this might be the player for you If you do play Madden....

which I don't dude.  This is real life and not a video game where you can just change players with a click of the button.  Lol.....

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

You’re saying we’re worse off at WR because we lost Gabe Davis, Sherfield, and Harty? I must respectfully disagree. 

Gabe Davis had 27 regular season TD receptions and 6 more in the postseason while earning a total of just under $4 million.  How have so many convinced themselves that losing him is addition by subtraction?  

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

Gabe Davis had 27 regular season TD receptions and 6 more in the postseason while earning a total of just under $4 million.  How have so many convinced themselves that losing him is addition by subtraction?  

I don't think that's a common perception. Folks are imagining an upgrade through the draft, which I don't think is implausible.

10 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

We finally got our #1!

lets freaking go boys. Heck to the yeah SEAN! A++++ Signing 

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

How did it come to this ??

Sean. McDermott.

Until he goes, there’s ZERO hope.

Not even the most talented QB in the league can overcome this bozo.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

We finally got our #1!

lets freaking go boys. Heck to the yeah SEAN! A++++ Signing 

Sean. McDermott.

Until he goes, there’s ZERO hope.

Not even the most talented QB in the league can overcome this bozo.

You want McD to clear out 50 million in cap space magically for Justin Jefferson? Or do you want these guys to play for charity?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Billl said:

Gabe Davis was 128 out of 153 wrs in the ESPN Analytics  'open' metric last season. That's why he disappears for so long .......

https://espnanalytics.com/rtm/

He was also 112th of 153 in the overall rank

He can be upgraded

Edited by Turk71
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Gabe Davis was 128 out of 153 wrs in the ESPN Analytics  'open' metric last season. That's why he disappears for so long .......

Well he was 68th in targets, 49th in yards, and 18th in TDs, and he did it for next to nothing.

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

Well he was 68th in targets, 49th in yards, and 18th in TDs, and he did it for next to nothing.

The guy they replace him with in the draft won’t be getting much more money 

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

The guy they replace him with in the draft won’t be getting much more money 

They just replaced him with Mack Hollins…who is earning more than Gabe did.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Billl said:

His contract was up. 

The Bills got good results for the $$$ and wisely decided not to give him a new, more expensive contract.

Easy to understand imo. He scored a lot of touchdowns for a guy with limited skills, perfect time to move on and upgrade. I doubt he ever scores tds at that rate again. The Bills score a lot of touchdowns by the way. I think they will find others who can catch them.

• Agree 1