Poyer to Miami

6 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

No denying that! But poyer doesn’t go out like that anymore after his battle with alcohol. He will enjoy the weather and his wife and the millions who follow her will enjoy the year round scenery.  I’m not hating though he’s got MORE than enough to enjoy at home. 

He's not battling undergrads....

Plus, he stepped out because of what he has at home......

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He is not a traitor.  He is a DOUBLE AGENT.

He will miss a tackle if needed for the Bills to secure a win.

Hope he signed enough to get a comp pick next season!

I bet his wifey will love South Beach on the personal side of things. Silicone boobs rule down there and they are always out in Front. I'm not being mean I'm just being real. 

I mean how much different can you get from Buffalo to Miami?  I smirk at their teal and tangerine DREAMS...pfft

Jordan .....yeah you get an extra year of  NFL paycheck I can't hate that. I CAN dislike where

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1

Many of us have been saying for over a year now that he lost a step or two and it was noticable.

This may not be terrible for Miami, they look like they may have a lot of new pieces and maybe a vet in the secondary will help them back there, but I can't imagine he will be anything other than even a another half step slower than he was here last year.

50 minutes ago, rajinka said:

Fins fans think this is best signing they've ever had lol

Even better, they think they got one over on us and made us worse.

I guess McDaniel doesn't value speed on defense

• Like (+1) 1

Tiko Barber said He's dead to us 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Poyer apparently is getting paid just $2 million this season.

That number, to me, says the Bills cutting him was more about his performance than his cap number.

Absolutely 

Clearly lost a step. 17 will pick on him all day

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I thought Poyer got trucked more than established physical play in the last 2 years. He struggled when confronted directly or straight on. His best games as a pro in the last 2 years where when he had some better angles and solid coverage. At his best, he was a physical hybrid type safety that was highly balanced and had a knack for generating turnovers ....but not as physical as a quality true old school strong. 

There's the other side of this- the old school safeties are now playing LB while today's old school LBs are playing edge. My first reaction is this is a hire to help their QB. I doubt any player in the league has prepped more games for Tua than JP, and we have given Tua plenty of problems. For a few million they have a guy who is skilled in defending the Miami O who can help him out. Jordan played with heart and sacrifice. He was a great pickup when he came in for us. I'll miss his play but it has diminished. If this works for Miami though you're right that it isn't likely to be because he's helped them on the field Sundays.