Khalil Mack & Joey Bosa Available for Trade / Could Be Released

On 3/9/2024 at 8:57 PM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Mack will forever be the guy I want to play in one season, even as a 40 year old washed up defender. 

near the top of the many great disappointments of my Bills fanhood was hearing the name "Sammy Watkins" after we traded up to 4th overall in 2014 with Mack still there.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/10/2024 at 7:10 AM, aristocrat said:

Mack likely gets cut imo. Would be amazing to bring him in but after a 17 sack season someone might offer him big money

No rational GM is trading for Mack, so it's "fate" that he should come back to Buffalo to win a SB.

Mack is 33 and has made over $150M.  If I was Mack, I would do it on the cheap.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I want Mack for no other reason than I wanted us to draft him as a rookie.  I just want to see Mack on the back of a Bills uniform once

Agreed. crazy to think that he has been in the league 10 years and is 33 years old. Seems like we were talking about drafting him like it was yesterday.

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

near the top of the many great disappointments of my Bills fanhood was hearing the name "Sammy Watkins" after we traded up to 4th overall in 2014 with Mack still there.

I just remember being shocked when the Bills were on the clock.    I had thought all along that maybe the Bills understood that Aaron Donald was the best defensive player in that draft and would just wait for him to fall into their lap.    Everybody that passed on Aaron Donald looks like an idiot now.   He dominated college football..........so clearly better than Khalil Mack..........and has become the best defensive player regardless of position of the first quarter of the 21st century NFL.   Mack was a stud years 2-4 in Oakland but had largely been unimpactful, overpaid and overrated for the next 5 years until he blew up last season again.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

No rational GM is trading for Mack, so it's "fate" that he should come back to Buffalo to win a SB.

Bills have gone out in the divisional round the last couple of seasons. The core of the defense cut over hill and was cut.  Von Miller and Matt Milano are both coming back from serious injuries.  If you were Mack, it is not obvious that the Bills are the team most obvious to get to the super bowl. 

I was also shocked and disgusted when the Bills moved up and took Watkins instead of Mack. 

He's still got it evidently...18 sacks 6 forced fumbles, ranked 6th out of 112 d edge last season 

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If Mack had grown up in Buffalo instead of Florida.....but his only connection to the city is UB and the Bills are an NFL team that passed on him when they had the chance.

Does he even want to come to Buffalo? 

I've heard the 9ers want him..

I could see that happening

Bosa is just like his brother and also Kittle: do close to nothing in big games

Kelsey makes plays all day long. Chris Jones makes huge plays when they need it. Aaron Donald is always around the ball when the Rams have meaningful games. If you're going to pay the big $$ then you want the big production. 

The Bosas and Kittle would be the perfect SF trifecta of big $$, big names, zero impact in the big games. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I just remember being shocked when the Bills were on the clock.    I had thought all along that maybe the Bills understood that Aaron Donald was the best defensive player in that draft and would just wait for him to fall into their lap.    Everybody that passed on Aaron Donald looks like an idiot now.   He dominated college football..........so clearly better than Khalil Mack..........and has become the best defensive player regardless of position of the first quarter of the 21st century NFL.   Mack was a stud years 2-4 in Oakland but had largely been unimpactful, overpaid and overrated for the next 5 years until he blew up last season again.

Can we retro-fire Whaley one more time?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

All I can remember is Whaley and Russ fist bumping and bromancing after such a genius move. They were gonna prove to everyone how good E.J. was after that pick.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/12/2024 at 11:47 AM, Dunkirk Donski said:

I blame Buddy Nix.   He had the jack@ssed idea of passing on QB prospects until he'd built up the roster.   Back then,  QB's were so scarce you HAD to get them when they presented themselves.   You could go multiple drafts without even ONE emerging.   By the time Buddy determined they were ready for a QB it was a bad QB draft and he threw a pick at EJ Manuel and turned the mess over to Whaley.   Whaley had the right idea propping up his young QB with an elite WR talent.   It works.   But they brought Watkins onto a rudderless ship with no leadership AT ALL in the WR room and he went from a guy at Clemson who was seen as a gamer to a guy in the NFL who was just cashing checks.   Anquan Boldin was a UFA in 2014 and his and Watkins' families had ties in southwest FL but the cash-to-the-cap Bills weren't going to pay the then-valued Boldin to mentor Watkins.  When McD came in they brought Boldin in to mentor Watkins but it was much too late.   The Bills really wasted Watkins.......he was a helluva talent and his body wasn't busted up when they drafted him but it was by the time he left.    

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I blame Buddy Nix.   He had the jack@ssed idea of passing on QB prospects until he'd built up the roster.   Back then,  QB's were so scarce you HAD to get them when they presented themselves.   You could go multiple drafts without even ONE emerging.   By the time Buddy determined they were ready for a QB it was a bad QB draft and he threw a pick at EJ Manuel and turned the mess over to Whaley.   Whaley had the right idea propping up his young QB with an elite WR talent.   It works.   But they brought Watkins onto a rudderless ship with no leadership AT ALL in the WR room and he went from a guy at Clemson who was seen as a gamer to a guy in the NFL who was just cashing checks.   Anquan Boldin was a UFA in 2014 and his and Watkins' families had ties in southwest FL but the cash-to-the-cap Bills weren't going to pay the then-valued Boldin to mentor Watkins.  When McD came in they brought Boldin in to mentor Watkins but it was much too late.   The Bills really wasted Watkins.......he was a helluva talent and his body wasn't busted up when they drafted him but it was by the time he left.    

Good assessment.  As another poster pointed out the bro taps, hugs, and celebration between Russ and whaley sticks with me as one of the ultimate 'billsey' drought moments.  I think everyone in the back of their minds had huge reservations about EJ but we were all so desperate for the QB savior.  Just remember how far we've come.

• Like (+1) 1