Dion Dawkins cryptic tweet UPDATE: EXTENDED PER SCHEFTY

2 hours ago, Logic said:

It's gonna be a contract extension. He's a "heart and soul guy", coming off a career year, they need cap savings, and they just released their veteran center and won't want to create the leadership and talent void that jettisoning their good LT would create.

Announcement will come soon. Watch.

Logic has some logic 😊

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The thing that gets me is the multiple leaps people make.

When something is said or tweeted, it's one thing to imply maybe it means something beyond what it most likely is.

But then they leap again to it means a trade is likely or possible based on the unlikely conclusion they've already jumped to.

40 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, there's absolutely no difference between the *GM* of the team, who makes the decisions of a players future, *specifically* talking about the future of a player at a position that is overly crowded and a player with little reason to be traded themselves tweeting out something "cryptic" 🙄

Misinterpreting and making leaps is dependent on the source.  Gotcha🤦‍♂️

• Eyeroll 1

We seem to read too much into tweets and verbiage.  Didn’t people here get worried that Douglas was being traded or released because Beane used past tense when discussing him last season?  Then a day or two later he signed a restructured deal.

Dawkins isn’t going anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFan said:

We seem to read too much into tweets and verbiage.  Didn’t people here get worried that Douglas was being traded or released because Beane used past tense when discussing him last season?  Then a day or two later he signed a restructured deal.

🤣Yes, that's exactly right!  Utterly ridiculous take on a 15 second blurb in Beane's presser, yet some idiotic lemmings ran with it!🤣  Message boards are fun, just don't get your stock tips here! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

51 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Do you think he's worth a 1st?

The big thing most people miss is that you trade contracts as much as the players.  Trading for a 4 million dollar guy is one thing, trading for a 14 million dollar guy that needs 18-20M is something else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Well the earliest Millennials were born in 1981. Late 70's is actually more Millennial than Gen X even though you are a Gen Xer. I had someone born in 1979 bashing Millennials and I was like " bro, if you were born 2 years later you would have been a Millennial". It's funny to hear people say sometimes 

I was born in 1973, so I lived a life as a kid growing up with antenna TV, no video game consoles and no VCR until 1985, so no MTV. We had 8 tracks and vinyl albums. Growing up during the late 70s is vastly different than being born in the late 70s :P

4 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

It just annoys me. I'm almost 40 as a Millennial, the oldest Millennials are now 43 years old but they still get blamed for stupid things and have stuff said about them like "it's hard to interpret a Millennials tweets" like we are still 25 years old lol.

I know exactly who Gene Wilder is because again, Millennials are either near 40 or over 40. But you still think they are 25 years old lol

I’d feel a lot younger if I’d squeezed into the millennial age range…just barely still a Gen Xer born in 1978 🤧…I believe we’re the forgotten generation? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stinky finger said:

Yep - but no balls.

So many lines I could add to this but I'd just get in trouble mentioning it when I upset one of the 127 genders out there.

1 hour ago, Process said:

I bet this is just negotiation tactics 

Negotiation for what? He doesn't have to agree and he still is on the team. Renegotiate and make more guaranteed up front money. It's a no brainier 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

In the highly unlikely event that they were to trade Dawkins I think that might indicate that Terry is worried about the cost over-runs that are going to come out of his pocket on the big hole across the street.

Sabres fans are perplexed about why Pegula didn't weaponize his cap space to add draft capital in recent years and Terry recently issued a statement promoting "a new roof" on the arena as a sales pitch for the product.:lol:   All parts of Pegula Sports aren't spending like the Bills side has in recent years to indulge Beane's wants and perceived needs.